Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Talles of Guns Preview | DynoMite

Talles of Guns Preview

COMENT PLZ!!!
    [center:29eekosu][/center:29eekosu]

Re: First Animations here on DD.

Nice moves for a beginner. how long have you been doing pivot, as you are really good for movements and physics. My only concers, however, is in the motion blur test, he starts off slow, then suddenly bolts into a sprint. Instead of |-|--|---|--|-| It sorta went like this |-|-|---|---|---|-
    Do you see? Maybe it's my computer, so don't get me wrong.
    You should make some longer ones, with more effects.
    Flawchy.

Courtesy? (It is when you comment on someone else's thread, and give them input because they commented on yours.) The link is in my sig.
    [center:34grik7b]
    My thread.
    I'm walking on sunshine, WO-OAH!
    Are YOU walking on sunshine?[/center:34grik7b]

I'll comment on a couple of your animations.

Gravity test:

Well, obviously that displayed gravity well as the objects travelled downwards but I'm going to assume you also meant to go for physics and they weren't really present in this animation. If you drop a ball in real life, it wouldn't bounce like that. Take a gander at this, excerpt from Darren's tutorial:

I think what you were trying to get at with that gravity test was something more like this. Notice how different the balls bounces are between yours and Darren's animations. You need to work on easing to make the ball look better as it ends going upwards and begins it's descent and physics in general to make your animations look decent. Physics are a fundamental part of animating and will hold you back if you don't master them. Study how objects fall in real life and look at some tutorials to help you, Darren's as I have already mentioned should offer some assistance.

Slow motion blur test:

A pretty good animation. The double framing was put in all the right places so for a beginner this is good for an attempt at slow motion. Obviously you can develop that as you progress through the ranks but when double framing is used right it's effective as a means of making movements look slower. The blurs were good too, you seem to have them down, keep that up.
    You need to work on all the basics in this animation though, namely things like easing, stiffness, physics etc.
    A simple diagram of easing looks like this:

|-|---|-------|--------------|-------|---|-|

When | is the joint being moved and - is how much the joint is moved. Stick to that and your animations will look smoother. Make some tests to get you into the swing of it and it comes as second nature after a while.

To combat stiffness, move every joint every frame. Obviously remember to stick to the other basic rules too, such as easing and making sure there's no shakiness in there. But if you do move every joint every frame you've generally got a good way of ensuring your sticks don't appear stiff.

Shakiness is relatively easy to get rid of. After completing your animation, you can simply go back and iron it out. Remember to make sure you complete movements and don't move joints in the wrong directions during your movements because that's when shakiness is likely to appear. Editing frames is a very useful tool in pivot so utilise it often to get rid of your shakiness and iron out things like stiffness too.

Your movements need some work, but you can just look at some tutorials for that. Darren's as I've already mentioned gives you some excellent tips on how to do all kinds of simple movements, such as running, punching, walking and many more. Make some tests to get you in the swing of things then you're good to include those movements in your animations.

Overall, I'd say you're a low beginner at the moment but don't let that get you down. If you persevere and look at some tutorials as well as drawing inspiration and using things around you to improve aspects such as physics you'll get your rank up in no time. You've got a lot of potential, it's just some simple things that are easily fixed that are holding you back at the moment. Keep animating man, don't give up.
    [center:1eu2wiql]
    MSN: tjl_OOO@hotmail.co.uk
    Orange's thread

<3 Bagwa03 <3 Lawn Feed[/center:1eu2wiql]

Quote Originally Posted by Orange
    I'll comment on a couple of your animations.

Gravity test:

Well, obviously that displayed gravity well as the objects travelled downwards but I'm going to assume you also meant to go for physics and they weren't really present in this animation. If you drop a ball in real life, it wouldn't bounce like that. Take a gander at this, excerpt from Darren's tutorial:

I think what you were trying to get at with that gravity test was something more like this. Notice how different the balls bounces are between yours and Darren's animations. You need to work on easing to make the ball look better as it ends going upwards and begins it's descent and physics in general to make your animations look decent. Physics are a fundamental part of animating and will hold you back if you don't master them. Study how objects fall in real life and look at some tutorials to help you, Darren's as I have already mentioned should offer some assistance.

Slow motion blur test:

A pretty good animation. The double framing was put in all the right places so for a beginner this is good for an attempt at slow motion. Obviously you can develop that as you progress through the ranks but when double framing is used right it's effective as a means of making movements look slower. The blurs were good too, you seem to have them down, keep that up.
    You need to work on all the basics in this animation though, namely things like easing, stiffness, physics etc.
    A simple diagram of easing looks like this:

|-|---|-------|--------------|-------|---|-|

When | is the joint being moved and - is how much the joint is moved. Stick to that and your animations will look smoother. Make some tests to get you into the swing of it and it comes as second nature after a while.

To combat stiffness, move every joint every frame. Obviously remember to stick to the other basic rules too, such as easing and making sure there's no shakiness in there. But if you do move every joint every frame you've generally got a good way of ensuring your sticks don't appear stiff.

Shakiness is relatively easy to get rid of. After completing your animation, you can simply go back and iron it out. Remember to make sure you complete movements and don't move joints in the wrong directions during your movements because that's when shakiness is likely to appear. Editing frames is a very useful tool in pivot so utilise it often to get rid of your shakiness and iron out things like stiffness too.

Your movements need some work, but you can just look at some tutorials for that. Darren's as I've already mentioned gives you some excellent tips on how to do all kinds of simple movements, such as running, punching, walking and many more. Make some tests to get you in the swing of things then you're good to include those movements in your animations.

Overall, I'd say you're a low beginner at the moment but don't let that get you down. If you persevere and look at some tutorials as well as drawing inspiration and using things around you to improve aspects such as physics you'll get your rank up in no time. You've got a lot of potential, it's just some simple things that are easily fixed that are holding you back at the moment. Keep animating man, don't give up.
    Just quoting for awesomeness.
    Follow what Orange tell you, watch some tutorials and practice more to get better.

Re: DynoMite105 Thread

hi first of great name but your pivoting skils arent as good as the name read more tutorials and animate often to not get in bad habits
    there are palces where stiffness is a problem but the fighting /dance moves were good try to move every joit in a frame and as orange said ease
    one real doawn fall to your anims are they dont flow as well as they sholud do
    dont make the stick jump up and he goes back wards or if he lands and crouches go for a low based move
    hope i helped
    courtesy
    my thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77871&p=1407789#p1407789

level mah monster up![

great fighting moves. Are you sure you're a wannabe

And shot again. And again. And if you die you will still be shot again.
    My thread
    My New Website

Update
    My duel in PB(Pivot Brasil)

Re: DynoMite105 Thread--» Duel on PB(Pivot Brasil)

Up!!
    improved version...

Re: MegaUpdate 23/10 --»DynoMite105

MegaUpdate...

Re: MegaUpdate 23/10 --»DynoMite105

update

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast