Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Rank?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Low Low Beg.

2 22.22%
  • Med Low Beg.

5 55.56%
  • High Low Beg.

1 11.11%
  • Low Med Beg.

1 11.11%
  • Med Med Beg.

0 0%
  • High Med Beg.

0 0%
  • High Beg.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CheeseOnT Animations!

I do courtesy so don't be shy to ask, please give CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, as telling me I suck isn't going to help (and I am already aware of that point anyway.) I will post new tests and everything here quite often so yeah, you'll probably see no improvement whatsoever. Anyways, to the "animations":
    NEW:
    20 Frame Kick!(terrible, im sticking to centred origins I think..)
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1288307891.gif[/img]

Click Da Spoiler for Old Shit!

[spoiler:32x9s0ki]Centred Origin. (had a lot of fun with this one, definitely gonna make another)
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1288191086.gif[/img]
    Walk Test (A little .gif raped, I was working on the smoothness of the legs more than anything else.)
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1288048774.gif[/img]
    Quick punch test. (easing and whatnot)
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1287916720.gif[/img]
    Obstacle 6 of Fuel's Obstacle Course:
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1287866604.gif[/img]
    I improved my airtime movement but apart from that everything here is the same or worse than my previous.
    OAPwned:
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1287875040.gif[/img]
    Attacked(Cutting off a few months rust(or thats my excuse)): [img]http://**********.com/img/1287831564.gif[/img][/spoiler:32x9s0ki]
    More soon, adiós extraño!

Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Re: CheeseOnT Animations!

I like how you're already attempting close ups. That's good, and if you're not afraid to do things like that you will progress that much faster. However, the animation was very stiff. One way to help fix this is that if you're going to use the default stick, you should add a back joint so that his back can bend. When the green guy was in the air he didn't move at all, which wouldn't happen in real life. And the black guy had absolutely no reaction when the green guy hit him, and when he fell he looked like a board. So fix the stiffness, and I think you will improve tremendously.

Courtesy returned

Quote Originally Posted by Poncho
    I like how you're already attempting close ups. That's good, and if you're not afraid to do things like that you will progress that much faster. However, the animation was very stiff. One way to help fix this is that if you're going to use the default stick, you should add a back joint so that his back can bend. When the green guy was in the air he didn't move at all, which wouldn't happen in real life. And the black guy had absolutely no reaction when the green guy hit him, and when he fell he looked like a board. So fix the stiffness, and I think you will improve tremendously.

Courtesy returned
    Thanks for all this, the reason I was using the default stick was because I made this the second I had downloaded pivot, and downloaded the blood etc while in mid-animation. I will work on the stiffness and the reason the green guy didnt move in the air was because I don't properly know how to animate falling, thanks again

Veteran Enthusiast

I see you have some creative ideas. Sorry for not recognizing your comment earlier, I was busy. I really do advise you too look at some tutorials. Just comprehending them won't do you well though. If you start animating some tests that the tutorials will tell you to do, that would be great. Like easing tests, stiffness tests, etc. And to overcome your shakiness, I also advise you to follow you trail of movement. The gray shadow, and to keep it fluent with your spacing. Otherwise your animations will continue to look choppy and unprofessional.

Returned.
    [center:3jvto3gf]Merry Thread - mas![/center:3jvto3gf]
    [center:3jvto3gf][/center:3jvto3gf]
    [center:3jvto3gf]Lmao, Knock Out![/center:3jvto3gf]

Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence

Hey, are you really from anchorage?

You've got good potential and good ideas. It is great you're trying close-ups but you need to work on stiffness. The default stick only as one back joint so I suggest editing it to two. Also when the green guy attacked the default there was absolutely no reaction by the default. The first thing you SHOULD work on is easing. I see you kind of tried it but you need to work on it more. The stick should go like this. The line represents the stick and the dashes represent the onionskin (grey trail following the stick after every frame) |-|--|----|--|-|. It gradually get farther and then gradually gets slower.
    More stuff would be like: Physics, Any type of fighting, effect, storyline(not That important but still needed). You need to learn the basics. I suggest you read this tutorial right here http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22662. This teaches you how to become a better animator with steps. It may help you but sometimes people may only learn a little. Sometimes looking at other animations will give you inspiration. For the Overall rank I'd say low beginner but you have a lot of potential so if you keep animating you will see yourself become a better animator. Courtesy?

Haha no Pocho, its a little inside joke I cba going into lol :P. And synch I will courtz you if you give me a link to your thread

A big problem you seem to have is reactions. When the guy gets whatever ripped out of his head, he doesn't move at all. Try and relate things like that to real life situations - if someone ripped some of YOUR brain out you'd probably stumble backwards and maybe even fall over, but remember to do it in the direction of where the rip's going. It helps to make your animation look a lot better if you include these reactions.

Another issue I had was movements. It's not too difficult to learn to perfect movements considering how many tutorials there are out there, but as good a starting place as any for any movement be it walking, running and punching is easing. Easing helps to make movements smooth and is for the majority of animating styles the bare bones of a good animation. To ease, simply follow this diagram:

|-|---|--------|-----------------|--------|---|-|
    When | is the joint you're moving and - is how much it moves.

If you can make yourself stick to that you'll find your animations looking smoother in no time and it should also help you to iron out that jerky quality you have going on if you apply it correctly. Some styles use less spacing than others, some use more - try and find the one that suits you. Of course there are millions of tutorials out there to help you on specific movements you may be having trouble with (I'd recommend walking for you seeing as you seem to need some help with it and it's a useful movement to know how to do), just take a look in the tutorials section. Darren's tutorial covers loads of movements and other aspects of animating too so I'd recommend having a look.

Other than that, you need to remember to also focus on other key points of animation such as physics and effects too. I see you've downloaded some blood to use there which is perfectly fine but you'll gain a better reputation if you learn how to make your own - there are lots of tutorials on that too, so don't worry. For your physics, just take a look at someone falling over in real life and try and emulate it in pivot. That's a good way of doing a lot of things in animation as we draw most of our inspiration from those types of real life movements.

Overall, I'd advise you to keep it up, look at some tutorials and try to utilise people's CC the best you can and you'll improve in no time. You're a low beginner at the moment but everyone starts of somewhere, just keep animating and you will rise through the ranks. Good work, good effort, keep it up

Courtesy? Link in sig.
    [center:1eu2wiql]
    MSN: tjl_OOO@hotmail.co.uk
    Orange's thread

<3 Bagwa03 <3 Lawn Feed[/center:1eu2wiql]

SPP
    Old Newbie

It's shaky on some places, also the ani's need more movements,
    And really work on flow, and easing,
    just keep practicing ;D
    THREAD: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80693