Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: how are my animations

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bad

4 80.00%
  • Low

0 0%
  • so-so

0 0%
  • Ok

0 0%
  • Good

0 0%
  • exellent

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smow Thread

Re: Smow Thread

Can't say that you didn't put any effort into. Your animation are REALLY choppy and siff. You have some good ideas though. Move every joint in every frame. You need to check out Darkdemon's Pivot tutorial section.
    Also your walking sucks.So heres a tut.

[center:2v5yjic5]
    .piv[/center:2v5yjic5]
    [center:ilj85xlc]
    l- Thread -l- Youtube -l- Bot Clan -l- Pivotspace -l- M3rkury -l[/center:ilj85xlc]

Compared to Smow's Revenge, this is good. I'm not going to link you to Darren's tutorial, because everyone does that, and the tutorial sucks. If you need help, PM me. Or ask me at period 4 tomorrow.

And shot again. And again. And if you die you will still be shot again.
    My thread
    My New Website

Um, those were, different.

My thread
    My New Website

The bottom ones didn't look to well, You slacked effort, move every joint in every frame okay.
    l- Thread -l- Youtube -l- Bot Clan -l- Pivotspace -l- M3rkury -l[/center:ilj85xlc]

Quote Originally Posted by E.O.N.S.productions
    I see that you download Pivot 3.0. That program saves .gif files poorly. Also when you ease correctly, the fps rate throughs it out of whack. Now for the animation, they stanked, stunked, and stinky-ed. Slow-mo takes alot of practice(done right) so quit. Focus on the basics. That was really stiff and crappy. Move EVERY joint in EVERy frame to create flow. Those animations ruined my day almost. Dissapointed in you man, really am.
    Jesus Christ, don't be such a fucking dick to him.

Obviously you need to work on the basics. Easing seems to be a big problem you have, so I'll show you how to do it with a simple diagram:

|-|---|-------|---------------|-------|---|-|
    This is what easing looks like when | is the joint you're moving and - is how much it moves by. If you master easing your movements will become more smooth and you'll notice your animations starting to look better. Ease all the time, it will come as second nature after a while when you move joints but it might be nice to make some tests first to get you into the swing of things. Try to apply it every time you move a joint, and move joints in every frame or you'll notice your animations will look stiff.

Other than that I'd recommend looking at Darren's tutorial to help you on your simple movements as linking all your simple movements together such as walking and running and punching and whatnot is of course what makes an animation, so it's good to do tests to learn them and look at some tutorials so you know how to actually do them. Contrary to what DarkWu says Darren's tutorial is easily one of the best out there as it covers all kinds of aspects of animating so I'd highly suggest having a look through it when you're stuck on something. Here's the link:

http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22662

And of course there are millions of tutorials in the tutorials section that will help you if you can't find what you need in there or want to do it differently.
    Other than that you're off to a good start in animating as often as possible, it's good to animate whenever you can as it keep you on form, even if they're just small tests for movements you're struggling with. Remember that everyone starts somewhere - if you look at some tutorials to help you and utilise people's constructive criticism you'll improve quickly. Keep it up man.

Courtesy? Link in sig.
    [center:1eu2wiql]
    MSN: tjl_OOO@hotmail.co.uk
    Orange's thread

<3 Bagwa03 <3 Lawn Feed[/center:1eu2wiql]

I was comparing the top animation to the bottom ones. The top ones had effort in them, I could tell. But the second ones, weren't so good, he just threw them together. He'll get over me being so rough, RPG3X did the same thing to me.Sorry Smowman if you think I was being a dick to you.

I was comparing the top animation to the bottom ones. The top ones had effort in them, I could tell. But the second ones, weren't so good, he just threw them together. He'll get over me being so rough, RPG3X did the same thing to me.Sorry Smowman if you think I was being a dick to you.
    I dont car

Quote Originally Posted by Smowman
    I dont car
    Your spelling is as bad as ever.

My thread
    My New Website

Your effects suck. I never thought I would say this but try Darren's tutorial.

My thread
    My New Website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast