Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: StrikerZ Thread

StrikerZ Thread

Hey guys what's up i'm making a thread for all mmy animations, but let me tell you a bit about myslef and my pivot career. I'm thirteen years old and my name is Jon. I found pivot while just surfing youtube a year ago and have been hooked since then, but there came a problem. My parents switched all our computers to MAC'S so I lost pivot, but now i have a new laptop with Windows 7 so i'm back! I was pretty bad at the time and I just used a bunch of random .stk's from Droidz, I used to just look at youtube vids and had no idea about easing, spacing, different styles, or anything. I finally found this forum where it tought me all this stuff, but a week later i got MAC's so my short career was over. And thats where I am now, and it's pretty much like im new, but soon i'll start posting my animations. Categorizing them by favorites, tests, and newest animations. Thanks for reading and if you guys and critique my animations that would be great. I will visit your animations in return, but good luck with your animations!

Newest Animations

[spoiler:36emoyp8][/spoiler:36emoyp8]
    Just a random ball bouncing. Gif raped.

[spoiler:36emoyp8]http://yourimg.in/f/u9zxcl.gif[/spoiler:36emoyp8]
    A guy walking once again gif raped.

[spoiler:36emoyp8][/spoiler:36emoyp8]
    My first combo. Credits to Darren's tut for combo. Just praticing before I try my own combo.

Re: StrikerZ Thread

Ello xD
    im 13 too, lol
    anyways if u are getting a mac why not download pivot on there
    cant wait to see your animations xD

courtesy?
    this bassically means i posted on your thread so could u do ma a favour by doing the same
    [center:59wmicvw]
    Skullzb0n3'z EazyToon Thread
    Skullzbone'z Stk Shop
    Skullzbone'z Tutorial
    My Website (Pivot Combat)[/center:59wmicvw][center:59wmicvw]Thx Heather for the sig and avatar[/center:59wmicvw]

I already have the MAC's, that was the problem you couldn't download it on there, but my parents got me a Windows laptop recently so i'm back to pivot. And, its cool there's someone my age on here. On most forums its almost all adults.

As of right now, 11.2.2010, 11:09 AM, I am updating my location on DD

Yeah I be your age too, and can't wait to see ur anims, good luck. Courtz?
    [center:2ptxz9vq]][/center:2ptxz9vq]
    [center:2ptxz9vq]Thread[/center:2ptxz9vq]
    [center:2ptxz9vq]YouTube[/center:2ptxz9vq]

*UPDATE* Please tell me how to loop.

*UPDATE*

On the newest one with the red ball the physics is completely off, if you want to make it look better then you need to animate the physics of the ball properly. Let's say this was real life, if the ball stopped in mid-air like it did in your animation, then something would be terribly wrong. The way you animated the rebound was almost perfect, maybe a bit fast but quite good, but when it stopped it just went BOOM and stopped. It needs to be eased into a curve.

For you I would suggest not to animate it like that but like this http://yourimg.in/f/j360uc.piv

Take a look at that a learn, sorry if it's bad I rushed it.

It's good that you aren't doing the bland, unoriginal fighting witht he stickmen and trying to something else, keep it up.

Courtesy?

i love coffee because nothing wakes me up better than scalding the inside of my face and the urge to violently shit myself

right u need to work on foot placement use the onion skin to do this u will see they grey left over from the last frame well put the foot there. also u need to work on shakiness this is helped by the onion skin yet again, just keep the stickman going in the same direction and use spacing which is moving the stick figure at the same frame space so it look realistic, if it needs to change direction u have to use easing.
    easing is when instead of doing this ( | = frame - = pixel movement ) |---|---|---|---|, u go like this
    |-|--|---|---|--|-|, this makes your animations alot better.
    also to do a loop just look at the first frame and edit it so it goes with the last frame of the loop, and try not to do a loop with the last and first frames exactly the same cause this is quite difficult, unless u make the stickfigure on the first frame, on the 2nd frame make him the colour of the background then add a new figure until the last frame then turn the stick that is the same colour as the background and trun him normal colour and delete the other than it will be exactlythe same,, but u can not do this in a edit because u will have to keep inserting another stick figure every frame and gettingit exactly the same as the frame before.
    u also need to work on physics, first off all make the ball go a bit slower, like less spacing so u can see it and when the ball hits an object it gotto bounce off in the opposite direction and when the ball goes up use easing to make it come back down and continue making the bounces small and smaller until it stop bouncing then make it role a bit.
    if u did not understand this that well, then go to darrens tutorial it is a big tutorial but just read the bits u need work on, which is mostly all of it, so i recomend reading one but at a time then doing a test on that then going back and reading the next one ect.
    Like this but i rushed it:
    [spoiler:ctwf5v9y][/spoiler:ctwf5v9y]

edit:
    For your first walk it wasn't bad, although the foot placing was way off. As skullzb0n3 said use the onion skin to fix that and the shakiness. Btw great way of explaining it skullzb0n3. I really can't say anything these guys haven't said already. When I first started on here I looked at a lot of tutorials. It helped me a lot. That's what you should do.
    Thx, i was think about making a tutorial, maybe when i can be bothered, lol, i will start writing it on .txt then copy and paste into the site xD

Edit:i like the combo the fists are really good but u still do not under stand foot placement well maybe move the stick figure but use the origin to put his foot exactly where it was the last time using the onion skin to help u like this [spoiler:ctwf5v9y]start off like this[/spoiler:ctwf5v9y] then [spoiler:ctwf5v9y]move the foot in the exact same place as before[/spoiler:ctwf5v9y]
    [center:59wmicvw]
    Skullzb0n3'z EazyToon Thread
    Skullzbone'z Stk Shop
    Skullzbone'z Tutorial
    My Website (Pivot Combat)[/center:59wmicvw][center:59wmicvw]Thx Heather for the sig and avatar[/center:59wmicvw]

Thanks guys. The ball doesn't go as fast in piv but the gif makes it go faster. I dud it before I left so I wanted to make it look like it bounced off screen bc I didn't have time. I'm going to re-do it tonight when I get home. Also, I'll comment on your threads then because my phone screws up the quality. And, for the walking it was my first try and I got the walk from Darrens Tut. I looked at the frames for a bit and then tried it myself. So how is it for my first walk? And what is heavy-spacing?

For your first walk it wasn't bad, although the foot placing was way off. As skullzb0n3 said use the onion skin to fix that and the shakiness. Btw great way of explaining it skullzb0n3. I really can't say anything these guys haven't said already. When I first started on here I looked at a lot of tutorials. It helped me a lot. That's what you should do.
    [center:1lqdan22][/center:1lqdan22]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast