Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Hiya Guys!

Fresh Newbie

Hiya Guys!

This isnt my first animation, i've been practising for a little while, i think im decent at least, so, comment, give me some feedback!!
    thnx guys!

Re: Hiya Guys!

well it's ok, but u need to bend his back for the flip " "

Fresh Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SUP3RN4SHN4N
    well it's ok, but u need to bend his back for the flip " "
    Well in most cases I would, but because he entered the flip halfway through the flip (when usually u start with a jump) while his back was already straight, there was no real need to do so, it also makes it much easier and less complicated to keep it in its original position instead of bending the back a little bit in each frame, and then to have to fix the back when he lands, so in keeping the back straight, i made it easier, and less time consuming.
    Kyle, you just got OWNED!

First of all, I (and rest of forum) highly suggest that you post an uploaded .gif instead of just attaching it to your post. This will allow a much cleaner thread layout, and will make you look less like a newcomer.

On to the animation.
    You seem to have some of the basics more or less decent. It seems to me that you are very good with the actual movement idea, and the poses look good as well. But to make your animations look good, you need to smooth out your movements. Right now the movements look kind of jerky and irregular. One thing I suggest you practice to get rid of the jerkiness, is to move all the joints in the stick figure every frame. At the moment it seems you concentrate on moving one or 2 of the limbs at a time, which will give it a very shaky and not-smooth look. If you moved all the joints every frame, it would allow for a much more dynamic animation. For example the tail: it seems that it just stands still. If you had it swaying or moving constantly it would make your animation look much better.
    You have a good grip of momentum, which adds a lot to your animation. Many new animators can't do this, so good job on that.
    One movement I really liked, was when he jumped off his tail. It seemed unique and interesting, and it was animated fairly good.

I suggest you take a look at some of the more basic tutorials here on the forums. If you have any questions, please PM me, as I probably won't see your response in this thread.

Good job man
    Behaviorally Related Neural Plasticity in the Arthropod Optic Lobes

tumblr | last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Strider
    First of all, I (and rest of forum) highly suggest that you post an uploaded .gif instead of just attaching it to your post. This will allow a much cleaner thread layout, and will make you look less like a newcomer.

On to the animation.
    You seem to have some of the basics more or less decent. It seems to me that you are very good with the actual movement idea, and the poses look good as well. But to make your animations look good, you need to smooth out your movements. Right now the movements look kind of jerky and irregular. One thing I suggest you practice to get rid of the jerkiness, is to move all the joints in the stick figure every frame. At the moment it seems you concentrate on moving one or 2 of the limbs at a time, which will give it a very shaky and not-smooth look. If you moved all the joints every frame, it would allow for a much more dynamic animation. For example the tail: it seems that it just stands still. If you had it swaying or moving constantly it would make your animation look much better.
    You have a good grip of momentum, which adds a lot to your animation. Many new animators can't do this, so good job on that.
    One movement I really liked, was when he jumped off his tail. It seemed unique and interesting, and it was animated fairly good.

I suggest you take a look at some of the more basic tutorials here on the forums. If you have any questions, please PM me, as I probably won't see your response in this thread.

Good job man
    "LOL" told ya

Below the Darkness and Above the Light.....

Nice, but you need more easing on the walking and backflipping.

Veteran Enthusiast

millenia watch those post dates!
    *requesting a lock on this thread*