Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

*Update* (Fixed Physics Test) Check it out ###

Hello, been looking around this forum and checking out some tutorials. I really love animating, and I found Pivot to be an interesting program. So I began to use it. Right now I'm trying to get the basics down, but tell me if I'm doing good so far.

Newest
    You guys said to work on Physics, so I made this little thing. Tell me how it is.

Not So New
    [spoiler:2ys1rsaq]This is a Kick Test. Is it good?

A test of a tall base I made.

A little speed run thing I did while bored.(Gif Raped, The shadow was supposed to fade)
    [/spoiler:2ys1rsaq]
    [center:tdpm63bc][/center:tdpm63bc]
    [center:tdpm63bc]\/Click For Mah Thread\/
    [spoiler:tdpm63bc][/spoiler:tdpm63bc][/center:tdpm63bc]

Re: MAH THREAD

Update

Veteran Enthusiast

hmm...the tall base looks smooth but and needs a better slown down and stop frame there.
    the kick is a pretty stiff animation and needs a bit more flow and easing (I also noticed the foot shakey during the landing lol) I guess med beg for the kick test and med/high for the stop one closer to high.
    courtesy returned,

Quote Originally Posted by XElite109
    hmm...the tall base looks smooth but and needs a better slown down and stop frame there.
    the kick is a pretty stiff animation and needs a bit more flow and easing (I also noticed the foot shakey during the landing lol) I guess med beg for the kick test and med/high for the stop one closer to high.
    courtesy returned,
    Thanks, And Yah, I was trying to make it look like he was freezing into ice.

E: Lol, I just realized the reason his foot looks shaky in the landing is because he was actually in the air, I think I need to move him more up next time, haha.

It's cool, but the foot in the kick test, in the air it shakes front and back a little, med-high begginer i think

courtesy returned
    [center2lts78r]|*Thread*|[/center2lts78r]

The Kick:

The kick is really well done, you made it flow when he jumped and you eased it when he was about to come back down, the whole animation seemed really good for a beginner. The only problem I noticed was the spacing on the kick when his leg was up and his foot was around the knee joint of his other leg. You need to keep the spacing consistent or consistently changing to give the animation flow. The only other errors I noticed were the arm poses and a bit of stiffness in the back joint. You can easily fix the stiffness by moving each joint in the back every frame. Just try and imagine somebody jumping and kicking to get the right arm poses as well.

The Jump:

The jump wasn't as good as the kick, mainly because the poses you chose for the legs when he was in the air weren't that great. I didn't get why you completely eased it when he was in mid air, it didn't seem right, and watch out for the foot placement, when you had eased it, his leg was sticking out which in my opinion was the main flaw. To be fair from these two animations you have shown that you know quite a bit about pivot animating, you just need to practice them a little bit more until you get them to the point where they are perfect. For you next animations I suggest trying to animate a punch, and a flip.

Overall I would say that you are medium beginner and with a bit more practice you could be high beginner.
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    The Kick:

The kick is really well done, you made it flow when he jumped and you eased it when he was about to come back down, the whole animation seemed really good for a beginner. The only problem I noticed was the spacing on the kick when his leg was up and his foot was around the knee joint of his other leg. You need to keep the spacing consistent or consistently changing to give the animation flow. The only other errors I noticed were the arm poses and a bit of stiffness in the back joint. You can easily fix the stiffness by moving each joint in the back every frame. Just try and imagine somebody jumping and kicking to get the right arm poses as well.

The Jump:

The jump wasn't as good as the kick, mainly because the poses you chose for the legs when he was in the air weren't that great. I didn't get why you completely eased it when he was in mid air, it didn't seem right, and watch out for the foot placement, when you had eased it, his leg was sticking out which in my opinion was the main flaw. To be fair from these two animations you have shown that you know quite a bit about pivot animating, you just need to practice them a little bit more until you get them to the point where they are perfect. For you next animations I suggest trying to animate a punch, and a flip.

Overall I would say that you are medium beginner and with a bit more practice you could be high beginner.
    Sheesh, I can see you take time into your comments, thanks for the help.

UPDATED

Old Newbie

Try reuploading the GIF on a different website, The speed run is quite smooth... But it lacks easing.
    Courtsey returned. ;P

Hey CC: you realy need to watch for shakyness becouse ive seen some in all your anims...in the newest anim(the update) make the guy dissapear(make him in 1st frame light grey and then delete him) and then just move the stripes(the black thingy that goes with him)...theres is no need for the guy to go with it (my tip) anyways,train physics and easing you got movement

LOL Couresy? :3
    Loled mah pants when i saw u! Thread: http: http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2& ... 9#p1089709
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1251832657.png[/img]
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1245330165.png[/img]
    Luv Xenomorph for teh sig <3
    [N]ico <3
    Sharp <3
    Roalyn is my bro!
    His Thread :3 http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65600

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast