Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Fresh Newbie

.:Mortarions thread:.

Hello! My name is Mortarion and I'm an old member, I used to be DarkShadow146 but for some reason the loggin wont work and it wont send me an email. I'm thinking about starting pivot again, but we'll see how that goes.

.:Rusty:.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1307299336.gif[/img]

Re: .:Mortarions thread:.

Watch you foot placement and work on your physics. At the moment you jump does not look like a jump. You need to add a build up, a few frames where the stick man bends its knees in anticipation of the jump.

Next, your flow. I can see you have included a bit of this already so I'm sure you know how its done (if not PM me and I'll edit this comment assuming your threads not locked) but you need to add more of it.

Edit: Oh well, I have the time.

To get good flow, you basically need onionskin trailing mixed with easing. Onionskin trailing is basically moving the lower joint towards the onionskin without changing what you do with the upper part. You also have to add a flick at the end.
    When you start to get a feel for it, you realize its just easing each joint separately and animating the stickman in a relaxed feel all the time.

On your rotation dur in the tornado kick, you did not bend the back joints, making it look as though the legs move, but the stickman did not.

Towards the end your animations became very stiff and un-eased. Easing is basically the acceleration and deceleration of everything.

You need to ease into camera moves.

Try not to rotate the arms like a windmill. Always remember, stickmen have feelings to.

Try the practical movements in real life. Believe me, there is nothing more helpful for animating.

Your animations are very stop and go. The problem is, your only focusing on one aspect of it at a time, where as you need to animate everything simultaneously. I know it sounds hard to remember, but thats where editing comes in. Always edit your animations until you cant find anything wrong with them.

Skale once taught me something very helpful in one of his tuts. Head easing is very important. Remember to add a lot of flow to the head and try and make it lul forwards and backwards under the force of acceleration/deceleration ext.

When you finish your punches, the arms return to their normal position by bending the wrong way. Just thought I'd point that out, I'm sure you know how to fix it.

Always try and keep a bit of realism, it just makes your animations look a lot better.

Finally, the stickman hovers in the air until he has completed his kick. Try and get the jump high enough so that the timing is right for realistic gravity.

Great combo's and amazing ideas. Work on the execution and I can see you getting intermediate in no time.

Medium Beginner

[spoiler:n0wbhfsc][/spoiler:n0wbhfsc]

Ward for Administrator

Fresh Newbie

Re: .:Mortarions thread:.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowBlade
    Watch you foot placement and work on your physics. At the moment you jump does not look like a jump. You need to add a build up, a few frames where the stick man bends its knees in anticipation of the jump.

Next, your flow. I can see you have included a bit of this already so I'm sure you know how its done (if not PM me and I'll edit this comment assuming your threads not locked) but you need to add more of it.

Edit: Oh well, I have the time.

To get good flow, you basically need onionskin trailing mixed with easing. Onionskin trailing is basically moving the lower joint towards the onionskin without changing what you do with the upper part. You also have to add a flick at the end.
    When you start to get a feel for it, you realize its just easing each joint separately and animating the stickman in a relaxed feel all the time.

On your rotation dur in the tornado kick, you did not bend the back joints, making it look as though the legs move, but the stickman did not.

Towards the end your animations became very stiff and un-eased. Easing is basically the acceleration and deceleration of everything.

You need to ease into camera moves.

Try not to rotate the arms like a windmill. Always remember, stickmen have feelings to.

Try the practical movements in real life. Believe me, there is nothing more helpful for animating.

Your animations are very stop and go. The problem is, your only focusing on one aspect of it at a time, where as you need to animate everything simultaneously. I know it sounds hard to remember, but thats where editing comes in. Always edit your animations until you cant find anything wrong with them.

Skale once taught me something very helpful in one of his tuts. Head easing is very important. Remember to add a lot of flow to the head and try and make it lul forwards and backwards under the force of acceleration/deceleration ext.

When you finish your punches, the arms return to their normal position by bending the wrong way. Just thought I'd point that out, I'm sure you know how to fix it.

Always try and keep a bit of realism, it just makes your animations look a lot better.

Finally, the stickman hovers in the air until he has completed his kick. Try and get the jump high enough so that the timing is right for realistic gravity.

Great combo's and amazing ideas. Work on the execution and I can see you getting intermediate in no time.

Medium Beginner
    So now its realism that people want eh? That's going to be tough cause I never did realism before. Just curious why would my thread get locked?