Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Newbie

Just a few animations(Updated2)

yea one of my re-uploads

yea i'm uploading this

Yeah but this ones new -_-

just some random runnin loop lol

Leap stick!

Smack and run loop/Just some random runnin loop (edit)

Random, yet epic

I was really bored (It will be finished some other time)

Re: i'm sageMasterTobi but i forgot my pass so... repost

Your pretty good. But it one of the animations the running didn't flow with the rest for the animation (i think it was the second one). Anyway keep practicing and you'll get higher ranks. n_n

Also put your thread link in your signature so people can give courtesy.
    Me Pvt Thread Below:

Old Newbie

thanks ill be sure to do that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jackrox66
    Your pretty good. But it one of the animations the running didn't flow with the rest for the animation (i think it was the second one). Anyway keep practicing and you'll get higher ranks. n_n

Also put your thread link in your signature so people can give courtesy.
    I agree whith this guy also some of your movements have a sorta ragdoll efftect to them try makeing a fight like that.Thers still a little stiffnes some wer in ther so keep it up
    Click pics For Threads[spoiler:x32lj9ox][/spoiler:x32lj9ox]

Re: Rank me(come on leave comment tell me whats wrong) Updat

Okay. here I go.
    Well your animations are okay, but not great. Your too concerned wuth the floppyness of the
    stick figures. Floppyness practically only looks good if your animating a default stick or trying to do
    a goofy animation.Also, finding a good foot placement tutorial would do you wonders.For that run loop thing, you need to move the origin forward, or it looks as if he is running in place and that looks weird:try moving the floor in the background up and down to make it look as if he is moving. Don't forget to ease that!The leap stick had good spacing to it for someone at your level.
    I say med-high begginer.
    [center:2fs84nzu][/center:2fs84nzu]
    [center:2fs84nzu]------------OCTANE------------[/center:2fs84nzu]

I however disagree with Octane. When animating a running loop it is best to keep the origin in one place but you would be better off if you had a ground line that wasn't flat, if you had a ground line that was bumpy and different sizes in different places it would make the animation look much better and would require much less work on your behalf. As for the floppiness, I believe that you should develop a style of your own style and if using rag doll like movements works for you I stay stick with it and get good at it before changing styles and getting to grasps with a new style but although while animating in that particular style may give your animations a more goofy look some of the best animators have used that style in the past and everyone loved their animations. There is not much more I can say as you already seem to have grasped the basics of pivot animation, so keep at it and you will improve.

Veteran Enthusiast

Your comment didn't really deserve courtesy, but I'll return it anyway.

You have a very floppy style that really isn't attractive to the eye. It looks way to odd and un-realistic for the kind of spacing you are using. Either try much more realistic movements, or try a more fast-paced, crazy style to fit your movements. The arms in your runs are just so awkward the way the flop back and forth, because no one really runs like that. It isn't even possible because your elbow can't bend that way. Consult some tutorials on running, such as this one.
    Your movements are also very very shaky. You actually have decent easing, it's just how shaky your stick's joints are blocks that out to the viewer. Go through your animation frame by frame after you've finished animated them, and make sure the joints flow and make sense in the way that the move between frames. So when there is onion skin, make sure the joint is moving in a way that is following the onion skin. It will reduce shakiness a whole lot.
    Your easing is there, but not enough. Try to make the easing go frame by frame like this: |-|-|--|---|-----|--------|-----|---|--|-|-|. Now, that makes your easing look believable and smooth, where as your easing right now is looking something like: |-|-|-|--|--|--|---|---|---|--|--|--|-|-|-|. It is very slow and uninteresting, making the movements lack the power you are trying to show. So just make sure the movements consistently increase speed until the movement is complete, and then ease back down as the stick slows.

Keep working at it ;].
    [center:3a1kmh8b][/center:3a1kmh8b]

Dedicated Member

If you could apply that style to more heavy spacing it could be pretty good!
    But your movements are shaky at points.
    [spoiler:ivhpt4t1]ex:
    |=stk -=pixels
    |-|--|-|----|-----|---|----|---|-|--|-|[/spoiler:ivhpt4t1]
    Also work on a little foot placement!
    Courtesy?
    [center:1phf90pe][spoiler:1phf90pe]

Credits to Trendy for the signature!
    Click it for courtz![/spoiler:1phf90pe][/center:1phf90pe]

[center:1phf90pe]iiZupaFlyii[/center:1phf90pe]

Old Newbie

o_o thanks

Sex

Re: Just a few animations(Updated2)

I think you should try to make the animations smoother. as for the floppyness, it would look good fi you applied proper flow to it. look in the tutorial section for some.

Courtesy returned
    [center:2wv65rud][/center:2wv65rud]
    [center:2wv65rud]http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86954[/center:2wv65rud]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast