Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Stuck's thread. (Don't be shy! Comment!)

The "I-Love-Me Wall"

about my constructive criticism:
    [spoiler:1hsay8ie]
    Quote Originally Posted by KingAtom
    ur the best CC giver ever hope u keep CCing me
    Quote Originally Posted by 2prov3
    Probably the best advice anyone has given me. Thanks!
    [/spoiler:1hsay8ie]

Notice Board

Finished the Ataris tribute

New poll.

Works In progress! (unfinished!)
    (none)

Beginner animations

Parkor
    Practicing common movements. Pretty awesome.

Gemfire (final version

You Shall Not Pass!
    A note; The part where he plants his staff in the ground is meant to be a bit shaky, the shaky-ness conveying the difficulty of him driving the staff into the ground. Although, if you had to read this to get that, I probably didn't make it as obvious as I should have.

[Ataris Tribute]
    Completed. I put "to be continued" on it because I thought I might put a part 2, depending on if any ideas pop into my head about how to conclude it. Anyways, enjoy!

Dancing I tried a trying out more realistic movements, and giving myself a break from the fast-paced style I usually use. I think it turned out great, and the ataris tribute is still on it's way. And it loops!

[Swordplay 3]
    It turns out my flame effect makes a nice little dust cloud as well. All sticks are made by me

[Gemfire]
    It's finally here, took me three afternoons, and it was very time consuming to make all those fire affects, but there it be. Vote in the poll if you want to see more of this one.

[Swordplay 2]
    Practicing movements and momentum and everything a beginner should. Plus, it loops!

[Sworplay]
    A short 19 frame animation I put together to introduce myself, as well as test out a basic stick and sword model. The sword is a WIP, and will have a "fill" stick in the end.

Re: Stuck's thread.

Update. I'm really proud of this one. (plus, it loops!)

So I really need some CC, I usually don't post animations until they are finished, but in the light of lack of constructive critisim I though you guys could give me tips before I finished this one completly.

Re: Stuck's thread. [Someone pay attention to me D: ]

Hey, first of all, thanks for commenting on my thread!

Secondly, your animations. As good as your ideas are, I saw a lot of errors. Fortunate for you, most of those errors are easily fixed. 1. Shakiness. For example, on the 1st sword test, I noticed that the hand holding on to the sword were shaky. Here's a way how to fix it. The way I usually do it, is that I make a dynamic joint on the sword handle, either from the end to the middle or two if you're using two hands. I also used this in my animation by the way. Now, I try my best not to move the joint I created around whilst animating, but also try to keep the lower arm dynamic joint (red ball) onto the same spot as the (red ball) I had created on the handle.

Another example are the legs on your newest animation. The shakiness is basically from your placement of the legs. Your inconsistent placement of the legs cause it to shake back and forth. I advise you to look over your animations when you finish and try your best to notice anything wrong. Note: if you do notice and error and fix it, that is a sign showing your improvement as a progressing animator. So try to keep the legs in one place or for it to follow the current momentum (running, walking, etc).

Thanks again! Courtesy returned, good sir.

Ok, so first of all thank you for the really great advice, i shall do my best to return the favor.

Ok so on to your Anims.

On the sword swing it was a bit choppy, it didn't have enough frames in it to keep it's flowing look, so instead it gave your man a sort of choppy drunk guy appearance. and the last step was just awkward. Add more frames don't try to rush it, i struggle with that very thing.

On the fighting animation. you say it's unfinished but it looks finished to me so i cant really tell you where to go with it. It was much less choppy than the sword one, but still a little rushed. like i said take your time. Also the movements were good, just a little unrealistic, try to see a real person doing it, and how it would be done and put that into your pivot the movements will look more realistic if eased correctly and what not. And on the first kick before the other guy goes off the screen i noticed the hands did something weird, like one went from one side of the body instantly to the other. anyways.

Courtesy returned
    [center:1vnbnyoz]Courtesy?[/center:1vnbnyoz]
    [center:1vnbnyoz][img]http://**********.com/img/1310385007.gif[/img][/center:1vnbnyoz]
    [center:1vnbnyoz]Srrsly?[/center:1vnbnyoz]

Re: Stuck's thread: Gemfire!

Finally. Finished-ish.

I tried to fix what shakiness I saw, but if there's any left I wont worry about it. I'm sure my ability to spot the minor tremors will improve over time.

Depending on if you guys want to see some more (fire) fighting in that one, I'll finish it, although I'm a bit burnt-out considering all the time it took to make those fire sticks.

Re: Stuck's thread: Gemfire!

This animation is good and the movements are good to.Practise your easing,if this animation had good easing it will look much better and it is stiff on places.The reactions are not bad.I think your rank is low-med beg

Courtesy ?
    [center:1on9f2eb]Thread
    [/center:1on9f2eb]

Re: Stuck's thread: A really big sword.

Update. I tried to stop the shakiness as much as I could by using Ataris's technique of making more joints on the sword for reference. I also made small gray spheres to act as markers for the feet. It worked wonders. Thanks mate!

The elbow may be shaky in some places, but I think I edited most of that out. If you see anything, or have any advice, let me know!

Dedicated Member

Re: Stuck's thread: A really big sword.

Your animations are good. I say just keep on paying attention to inconsistent spacing and get rid of shakiness (including foot placement). But overall, in my opinion you are arleady pretty good so simple flaws like those should go away with ease. I like the fire effect you made, but surely there's a lot to improve. I also like all of those sword animations. You should keep making more, but maybe make them a little longer.

Courtesy?

Re: Stuck's thread: Creative World Tribute (WIP)

Hi i like your animations especially the effects you can really see how much hard work is put in it but as mentioned there is shakeniess and little inconsistent spacing, which you get rid of with time,
    But i think your on a good way

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast