Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Rank?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definitely Intermediate

3 21.43%
  • Barely Intermediate

5 35.71%
  • High Beginner

6 42.86%
  • Medium Beginner

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Luna's Animations - 22 Mar 2014 - Practice animation

New Lunar Republic Princess Luna's Avatar

Luna's Animations - 22 Mar 2014 - Practice animation

Other Pivot Threads
    The Arsenal - T-34 Medium Tank
    Old Thread (most/all links are dead)

22 Mar 2014 - Not sure if I'll be active in animating again but I made something.

Spoiler:
    20 Oct 2012 - I have recently made two animations after over a year since animating (one of which posted in the thread). I changed the kind of stickman I would use since I felt my old ones were too inconvenient for several reasons. As of now, I doubt I will be making pivot animations regularly. But we'll see. Both 2011 and 2012 have been slow in terms of Pivot. I am lost when it comes to the standards of being an intermediate animator; I expect it has risen since 2010?

22 March 2014 - Practice - Run Jump Run
    Main focus on this animation was the stickfigure's reaction when landing and turning to continue running.

I have been informed that I'm one of the winners for the Pivot 4 competition. This is the complete animation; however, I do plan on expanding upon it.

02 April 2013 - Sterilization Teaser
    Something I'm currently working on.

05 February 2013 - Acrobat
    Some movement tests with the new base.

Spoiler:

13 October 2012 - Small Combo
    First somewhat lengthy animation after the year-long break.

Spoiler:

15 September 2011 - Walk Loop
    Last animation I made before my year-long break from pivot.

19 August 2011
    Last somewhat lengthy animation before my year-long break from pivot.

For those who remember me from 2009, you might have known that I was working on a Pivot series, highly inspired by Madness Combat, called Chaos. The first episode was released and I began to work on the second one. But the project died off sometime in 2010 and I currently have no interest in continuing or reworking on the series. The sounds are slightly off in the video.

Dead Links
    Spoiler:
    *Dead Link*
    July 25-August 12/2011 (Should I continue this?)

Recent
    *Dead Link*
    Feb 23-March 11/2011? (Got bored at the end)

*Dead Link*
    Casualties - 1st place animation in first Beginner's Competition (last animation before my motivation to animate started to decline)
    Last edited by Princess Luna; 01 Apr 2014 at 06:11 PM.
    Secretname911 likes this.

Spoiler:
    Late-2006 - Started using Pivot.
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.
    12 Aug/2011 - Returned to Beginner rank.
    20 Oct/2012 - Returned to DarkDemon.

Re: 115Predator's Animation - Rank restart and rust or not..

gtf back into intermediate section...you still got it, no need to rank restart....so yeah. only thing that bothered me was the body not reacting to the getting shot at while laying on the ground and the whole turning around, made it seem a little shaky and what not. none to less: low-interz.

curtz?

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

Banned

In your top anim,when he went down the zipline,the gun just sorta floated
    through the air randomly.

Nother else really.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit
    gtf back into intermediate section...you still got it, no need to rank restart....so yeah. only thing that bothered me was the body not reacting to the getting shot at while laying on the ground and the whole turning around, made it seem a little shaky and what not. none to less: low-interz.

curtz?
    If the staff thinks I'm intermediate worthy, then I will accept my position. But right now, I'm not too sure.

Spoiler:
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.

still feel you're still intermediate. You still have that unique style and that was smooth animating there if I must say so. I think you're being a little harsh on your self tbqh.

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

Banned

Oh yes! You're back. I know this is a bit funny, but I was just looking at your old thread sitting in Intermediates some days ago. I was so sad that all the animations on your thread were gone because animatorhost died. It's awesome to see you back Predator!

You don't seem to be rusty at all. Your movements seem like they always were in terms of the style. They seem ok to me, but something about them seems off at times. When the guy is holding the gun, he doesn't seem to move much at all. (The guy with the hair in the top animation.) He's holding a gun though, so I guess that's all fine and dandy. When he landed, it didn't flow as well as it could have, but it worked so I'm not complaining.

All the other movements, especially the ones in the second animation seem to be your best. (Specifically the second one.) I loved the blood effects in the top animation as well. I guess the only thing you have to work on is your flow. It doesn't seem to be holding you back, but it could be an improvement if you learnt to keep some movements following through. Keeps it more exciting, you know?

Also, is their any chance you'll release your DDC10? It didn't get in, but I would still like to see it man.

Good luck getting Intermediates. I'm sure you'll get there again if you just keep playing around with pivot.

You are still intermediate in my opinion.
    You got better too!
    [center:39wslgrj]Courtesy?:

Youtube[/center:39wslgrj]

Thanks for the comments. I think the biggest reason why I lost motivation to animate is because I was working on an animation shortly after getting intermediate. But the file got corrupted and I couldn't save it as anything. It was really good IMO but all that work was just wasted. The next animation I made (which is posted in my old thread) was much worse than the one that was corrupted. My motivation to animate has declined completely to the point that my animations were equivalent to low-beginner. This lasted for almost a year. The first animation I have made that is somewhat satisfying is the Feb 23-March 11/2011 animation. My motivation to animate is really coming back now. Hopefully it'll stay.

Also, DDCX brought my motivation back up a little, but I procrastinated so much that the quality of the animation degraded quite a bit. After that, no animating for several months (if I remember correctly).

Anyway, I'm currently working on a new animation that I plan to make longer than the newest one I posted.

Spoiler:

Mat
    Banned

you still owe me that joint from when we were both beginners man. Great animation btw. You update any of your old sprites? I really need to do something out of my norm.

It's cool. It is pleasant to me, as you use sprites. Movements very beautiful, it is pleasant to me. Physics of flight of a round too the excellent. But at it was not pleasant to me, as the protagonist took the ??-47. It has got it as though on magic.

In general, you the good fellow. Use sprites, do beautiful animations. But criteria have changed, and now you can't get in Intermediate. You need to do more than good and long animations, and you can get Inter.
    [center:xqfh6djb][/center:xqfh6djb]

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast