Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

My animation style.

I normally like to keep things simple and easy. Here are some examples of my animating:

Walking:

Running:

Shooting:

They're not super perfect, but that's why I joined this site. To learn the ways of perfecting pivot.
    [centerocwfwz8][/centerocwfwz8]

In your computer, looking at your emails. Yes, those emails.

Re: My animation style.

Your run would look better if it was not stationary. It just looks like the stickman is moving his legs and arms in a star jump. The walk just looks like the stick is sliding his legs. Make the legs movements lift off the floor a bit. Your gun anim is better, but it needs more recoil, and muzzle flash.

You'll here alot of people say this, but work on your easing. Check out darren's pivot tutorial.

Keep working on it, and in a month or so you'll be a high beg/ borderline.

Courtesy?
    [url=http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84950]

Quote Originally Posted by glym
    Your run would look better if it was not stationary. It just looks like the stickman is moving his legs and arms in a star jump. The walk just looks like the stick is sliding his legs. Make the legs movements lift off the floor a bit. Your gun anim is better, but it needs more recoil, and muzzle flash.

You'll here alot of people say this, but work on your easing. Check out darren's pivot tutorial.

Courtesy?
    I agree, the running was a bit stationary. If you notice, at the point where his feet touched the ground, you could see a little bit of his feet go under the floor line.

The walk is not intentioned to look like a slide. I haven't really learned to perfect the joint movements, so I just stick with a basic slide that actually looks pretty decent.

I loved the gun shot. I just need to learn to make him take a tiny step back once he shoots due to the pressure. In all reality, there is no flash when you fire a gun. So...yeah.

In your computer, looking at your emails. Yes, those emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Scython

Courtesy?
    I agree, the running was a bit stationary. If you notice, at the point where his feet touched the ground, you could see a little bit of his feet go under the floor line.

The walk is not intentioned to look like a slide. I haven't really learned to perfect the joint movements, so I just stick with a basic slide that actually looks pretty decent.

I loved the gun shot. I just need to learn to make him take a tiny step back once he shoots due to the pressure. In all reality, there is no flash when you fire a gun. So...yeah.
    Not just a step back. His arm needs to pull back a bit. Also, muzzle flashes look cooler, and give a more dramatic shot. Combine that with a tremors and you've got a pretty good gun shot.
    [url=http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84950]

Quote Originally Posted by Scython

Courtesy?

Not just a step back. His arm needs to pull back a bit. Also, muzzle flashes look cooler, and give a more dramatic shot. Combine that with a tremors and you've got a pretty good gun shot.
    Okee dokey. ;P

I looked at a running tutorial, and I got this:

Your running animation was quite slow, as reality people dont turn their legs and arms that slow. >_<
    Courtesy?