Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Skill?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Low Beg

0 0%
  • Mid Beg

1 100.00%
  • High Beg

0 0%
  • interz LOL

0 0%
    Fresh Newbie

Braind's thread.

Animations
    Run. gif/piv
    Easing. gif/piv
    Baha's Tribute (Mingout) gif/piv
    RaveMan. gif/piv
    Walk. gif/piv
    Punch.Kick. gif/piv
    PrisonBreak. gif/piv
    Suicide. gif/piv
    random #1. gif/piv
    Default punch gif/piv
    Default run gif/piv
    Thrunch gif|piv
    Punch loop gif|piv

Banned

Re: Braind's thread.

Hello. Considering you're quite new here, I'm going to go ahead and be nice with you. I'll give you some constructive criticism on all the animations you posted above. Here we go.

Default run
    : The run itself is pretty good and close to a realistic cycle. However, the arms are swinged way too much. Instead of taking the arms above/close to his head, try making them more eased and fluid, don't go overboard with poses and movements. Also the back joints appear to be slightly stiff, but they're definitely moving.

Default punch: The poses are really really simple and the foot placement is a little off. Add more anticipation to the start instead of making the stickman go full-out and start punching. The easing overall is really good, but quite plain and the same throughout the animations.

random #1: First off, I'd like to say that there's quite a bit of shakyness and stiffness here. Some major movements are stop-and-go-ish, like the scene where the first stickman punches the other one and turns blue. The easing stops too suddenly there, why not add more easing to the head and watch the onionskin, eh?
    The walk also seemed silly and half-assed, the arms bend the wrong way and the legs seem stiff.

Suicide
    : There's quite a bit of spacing inconsistency in there. What I mean by that term is, the spacing is neither eased, nor fast. You didn't know whether to go fast or slow, resulting in shaky movements and bad poses.
    The one thing that really bothered me was the stickman's reaction. When he pulled the trigger, his body should've followed the trail, going from the head to the legs. It's like a jigsaw, it's not always the same. To say it short, the stickman's body should've followed a chain reaction: the head reacted first, then the arms, followed by the back joints, origin, knees and towards the end, feet. It's quite a hard principle to understand at your current point, you'll see what I'm talking about when you'll get better.

PrisonBreak: Finally a long animation. Don't let that go to your head, the quality was pretty bad. There's lots of shakyness, stiffness, choppiness and overall bad poses and movements.
    I liked the ideas though, but the animation itself could've used some work.

Punch.Kick
    : Bad easing, poses and lots of shakyness and stiffness. Take a look at the following frames after the first punch, you'll see the arms just freeze in place, as well as the back joints. Also the legs seem really bad eased and the kick lacked power.

Walk: Can't really say anything about this, the poses are good and so are the arm movements. The legs are really bugging me, there's something about them that makes them look bad, probably the fact that the front leg snaps too fast. Add a frame inbetween and it'll be ok. The head could also use more bobbing/bouncing, just a slight one, don't exagerate.

RaveMan
    : Being totally random sometimes means something good. This is actually really colorful and the easing is quite good to my surprise. The poses, however, need work.

MingOut: Ah, I see you tried to copy the combo from Baha's tutorial. That's a good thing, don't get me wrong. I think the arms and legs towards the end need more easing and consistent spacing.
    Really good animation.

Easing: The ball should've stopped faster at the end. Nothing else to say about it, just keep up this kind of easing.

Run: This is actually really good. The way you bent the back joints and the movements of the arms are really visual-appealing. Yet there's one point of the run cycle where the arms and legs seem to stop too suddenly, making it look much less of a loop. Also the front arm could use some better easing, I see a slight spot where the arm speeds up, slows down, then speeds up again. Nothing really big though.

Judging by your animations, I'd say your current rank is somewhere around Med-Beginner.
    There are some points where you animate like a Low-Beginner, but if you keep up the style you used in your newest run loop, I can say you're pretty much going to get somewhere.
    This is all the constructive criticism I can give you for now. If you'll update your thread with new animations, just send me a PM asking for a comment.
    You're actually lucky, I haven't commented like this in ages.

Fresh Newbie

Much thanks, Sharp, i haven't seen so good criticism for long. There is some time before animations, because i drop down animations long time ago and then got back. I wanted to ask you, what is my biggest problem? Foot, stiffness, maybe kinda shakiness?

Fresh Newbie

Here is something new.

Thrunch

gif|piv

P.S. Spark is my nickname on other pivot forum.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Braind
    Here is something new.

Thrunch

gif|piv

P.S. Spark is my nickname on other pivot forum.
    Most of the movements were really good, but the simple/old school poses don't really go along with the legs' movements. There is a certain point where the legs are really stop-and-go-ish. Take a closer look at the way they're eased: -.-..-.....-..-.-.-.-.-..-...-.....- and so on. Instead of making the legs come to a total stop, why not move/bend them along with the origin?

To answer to your previous question: None of those. Your biggest problem is the lack of flow, choppiness and sometimes stiffness. Work on those, or maybe watch some tutorials ( Baha's tutorial is by far the best one so far ) or even study some .pivs of more skilled animators.
    Low-Med Beginner for this one. The head could also bounce more and the arms could be less "robotic". Add natural flow to them and they'll be good.
    Keep this up, expecting more.

Fresh Newbie

Thanks.
    There is another new animation, Punch loop, forgot to say.
    My problem is I can't really make a long, good animation with a plot, i just can't finish it.