Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Fresh Newbie

Been A Long Long Time

You guys are so much better than me, and ive been animating twice the length of most of your lives. Depressing.

Witness my shame members of the beginners hall and despair!

Re: Been A Long Long Time

just work on moving every joint every frame and easing , still good though

Zax

Re: Been A Long Long Time

The center origin (orange dot). It's moving in weird directions, causing the whole figure to shake. Always look at the center origin's motion paths (paths between each frame of a certain node, imagine a line being drawn between those spaces. If it's jagged, then it wont be smooth at all. But if it's curved it'll flow a lot better).

BTW in a flip the center origin's spacing (distance between the figure and the onion skin each frame) is reasonably constant. Like this: |---|---|---|---|---| <(origin moving)

That punching animation needs some work. The legs hardly move at all. When a person punches, his/her whole body moves, to execute power. Move every joint every frame anyway, though. You're animations will look a lot less stiff then.

One more thing; foot placement. Make sure when the feet are on the ground, and they intend to stay there, they don't shake. Just keep playing the animation back and adjust the feet. It takes a bit of patience, but it's worth it. If you keep doing it, you'll notice that a lot of you're animations have good foot placement. Correcting simple flaws in animation eventually becomes a habit.

Also have a look at some of the tutorials section: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22662 | viewtopic.php?f=36&t=64287 And these tutorials helped me improve a LOT. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA2vDhBwnxk

Good luck improving! Courtesy?
    I'm Back