Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kestril's Thread: style angst.

Yo. welcome to my thread. The newest is on top, and I'll rate each animation depending on their quality to save you time.

pick the door! and hit the zombie with the door. is a 2 parter. there is some good 3d in there, but the ending is a bit rushed. 3/5.

schytheplay
    This one is pretty smooth, save for a few errors near the end, I'd give it a 4/5

Rust Breaker: 3/5 My first animation getting back into pivot. It's good in places, but nothing special due to some choppiness and noob mistakes.

Notes on my style:

I want to develop a fast-paced, arcade-like style. If you have any tips or helpful links, then please share!

Re: Kestril's Thread (Rust breaker, I've been too busy w/ sc

COOL.....ITS GUd...like it

The concept is sound, beating the shit out of your rust. I like it. When the Rust first jumps from the ledge, maybe a crack in the ground or some sort of landing that follows with the momentum, at the minute it just sorta jumps back up without even reacting to the ground it's just landed on. The punches throughout the animation seem to lack power or force, the character being punched isn't reacting enough to put across the idea that a forceful blow has been administered. I like the slow motion, keeping the Rust moving throughout it looks good, however all the limbs are moving a little oddly, they all need to be moved the same amount each frame to give it a smooth look. The wall flip and kick is abit off, the kick is too sudden and comes across as quite stiff. Doesn't look like the character's prepared themselves to do it before hand. Plus the landing of the character could do work also, looks a bit lazy just having him face plant on the ground straight as an arrow.

Overall there's some foot placement issues throughout, but it's not too bad. Keep it up.

And guy above me, Jesus H Christ. Give him some actual advice and CnC rather than just say any old shit that's helpful to no one.
    [center:hoeib8os]
    Thread[/center:hoeib8os]

This one is much better.

Just a question: Would you guys be up for a little community intereactivity? Say I post a screenshot of an animation at the start of the week, and then based on that screenshot you decide how I should animate the rest. Not what will happen, per say, but you'll have input as to the most obvious choice given in that screenshot. Would you guys at DD be up for it?

Re: Kestril's Thread: New short and a question (see bottom)

its good just work on the flow at the end and the ground showing through the scyth

med begginer...Credz?

Quote Originally Posted by :.Knorm.:
    its good just work on the flow at the end and the ground showing through the scyth

med begginer...Credz?
    Uh, no courtesy there, sorry bro. That's not nearly enough work to put into a post for me to give courtz, and you didn't even answer my question in the last post. I gave chaoswarrior some courtesy because the effort in his post.

Unless you brought up "credz" as a question meaning: "You forgot to credit the maker of those cool stick figures and cool scythe, I think I've seen those somewhere before, where are your credits?"

Well, the reason for that is because I made the stick figures myself.

The intention of the post is not to get hostile due a misperception of my skill level or something like that, but i am rather annoyed at unhelpful comments, as I animate to learn and have fun, not simply to be ranked and then begged for a reply.

alright no need to get upset its not that serious enough to say all that, to tell u the truth i dont really take any of this seriously and u shouldn't either

On the computer. Watching youtube videos. ... zzz ...

I like it! I hope you get really good!
    Come see My youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/SticksNGuns

Courtesy? - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88001

DOUBLE UPDATE! BOTH INVOLVING DOORS AND ZOMBIES!

i rushed the ending on the second. animating with fills and 3d is hard.

and sorry Korm, I wasn't in the best of moods when I posted earlier.

Enthusiast

Re: Kestril's Thread: door attack!

There are some problems with physics, foot placement, and easing. The one I like the most was your scythe play though. It didn't have that much wrong with it, small things, but overall I think you did a pretty good job. If I had to rank you I'd say medium beginner maybe high.

Courtesy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast