Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fresh Newbie

Update!! [New Animation]

[center:34ss51i0]Destroit.PN's Animation Thread

-Newest-
    .:Run to flip:.

:Backflip:

Please reply with some CC and suggestions. :D[/center:34ss51i0]
    [center:1bvw3sic]Hey guys, I would appreciate if you visited my thread and gave me some CC:
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88162&p=1694289#p1694289[/center:1bvw3sic]

Re: Well, I'm back. [New Animation]

Hi there, welcome back!
    your animation is really stop and go and doesnt flow well since he flips, stop, flips again off the wall etc. Make your movement keep the same momentu unless something is slowing it down or stoping it or changing directions. It look overeased and therefore looks a bit odd however it is smooth right now. Im not sure how long you've been gone but I'd recommend checking out some tutorials especially the one by Dead Throne(OblivionFall) who is one of the Elites at the current moment.

Pingu

Fresh Newbie

Thanks for the CC, I have been gone for almost a year now, haven't animated since then. I will be sure to check out some tuts.
    [center:1bvw3sic]Hey guys, I would appreciate if you visited my thread and gave me some CC:

Fresh Newbie

NEW ANIMATION

Old animation got deleted.

It is a simple backflip animation. Sorry for double post and bumb.

Your back flip is really good! Its obviously better than my front flip I did. The arm at the end seemed a little off idk could just be me. Other than that I think it looks pretty good.

your movements very good but you should work stiffness and easing D: i love this flip !

in my opinion your rank : high beg.

and.. courtesy : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90837 please
    [center:1pkngpql]I'M BACK
    Courtesy ? =>
    [/center:1pkngpql]

Fresh Newbie

Thanks for the CC guys, I will of course return CC. And am I really high-beg after like 7-8 months of rust?

Banned

the flip isnt to bad, nice set up to it but the actual flip comes around way to fast, it looks like 2-3 frames of the flip are missing. You need to work on flow, stiffness and a bit more realism
    Med beg

Courtz?

Flume

I wouldn't say high beg, most likely med. As the others have mentioned the flip was stiff and the landing was off. The cause of the problem is your spacing.

You have started with what seemed like somewhat slow spacing for a flip, then on the way down I'm guessing you realized the stick had a lot more rotation to do if he was to land the flip so you increased the spacing by heaps which made that rushed ending. You gotta make the spacing of the rotation more consistent from the beginning, cause no one is gonna speed up by that much mid way through a flip.

Another issue I'd say is the origin movement, maybe ease it more on the way up and down to get a better feel for gravity, also more air time to complete the flip. The last noticeable flaw I saw was the arms about mid way through the flip, they are moving in one direction for the first part of the flip before just twitching backwards, then flying forwards on the landing. The change in direction of the arms didn't make sense cause you didn't follow through with the movement and when you change direction with something that has a lot of motion, its always good to ease it. Thats what added to the jerkiness of the flip. The feet were also a tiny bit twitchy at the end foot placement wise.

That being said it was actually very good for your first animation in 8 months, you have some of the basics down which is nice. I can see you rapidly improving if you keep making more of these, so keep it up

Big Boss

Well I think he bends over a good amount to have that amount of power for the flip. I also think that the momentum is decent, but where this animation falls short is the poses and placement of the poses. During the squat in the beginning I would personally have his head look further down towards his feet, and as he comes up have his head onion skin trail upwards as well slightly to the Northeast corner. When he's coming up he should also go further back as he pushes off the ground, throwing his arms backwards and then forwards when he lifts off. During the middle of the flip he should bring his arms back to grab his legs and have it stay like that until the landing. For the landing he should bend down just a tad more and have his arms try to compensate for his weight being thrown towards the floor. I imagine he would ease to a stop, slightly onion skin trailing as he does, then slowly bring his person back up into a standing position until he has his balance back. This is all personal taste, mind you, so you don't have to follow it line by line. I am impressed by this animation to say the least and am going to keep my eye on you for now. You have potential, so please, if you ever have any questions feel free to contact me and ask. I am looking forward to see some more from you, so good luck to you and have a nice day my friend!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast