Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: What do I need to work on?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Creativity

2 8.33%
  • Footwork

4 16.67%
  • Physics

7 29.17%
  • Movement

6 25.00%
  • Easing

5 20.83%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bulld0g's Thread: IMA FIRIN' MAH Superlongawesomeanimation.

[center:1gzqvqcn]Bulld0g's Thread. [/center:1gzqvqcn]
    I will try to update with more animations daily or every other day. I will put them in order from newest to oldest. Let me know what you guys think and what I can improve on so I can move up in skill level.

HELLO, yeah you, read this: Starting 11/24/11, I'm going to try and work on a superlongawesomeanimation.

Currently SLAA1 Progress: 250/500(?) frames.

Out of date Preview:[spoiler:1gzqvqcn][/spoiler:1gzqvqcn]

**^^ Does anyone know a better way to put the character's arm after he flicks the cigarette? I can't seem to find a good way. ^^**

Should I finish? 11/25/11

Supernatural jump test. Yes I know that the guy acts like a sumo wrestler. It was intentional. I was trying to work on moving every joint. 11/23/11

First back flip test 11/21/11
    [spoiler:1gzqvqcn][/spoiler:1gzqvqcn]

Unfinished Dragon Ball Z style fight. 11/20/11

Simple wave/easing test. 11/10/11 ( I didn't move the other joints on purpose.)

Unfinished fight scene. (probably not finishing it) 11/20/11

bulld0g's thread. – Courtesy?

In your computer, looking at your emails. Yes, those emails.

Re: Bulld0g's Thread: Beginner Animations

Your anims are decently smooth and eased, but you need to work on you movements. They're either to slow, or unnatural. Keep working on it. low-med beginner.
    Courtesy returned.
    [url=http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84950]

Quote Originally Posted by glym
    Your anims are decently smooth and eased, but you need to work on you movements. They're either to slow, or unnatural. Keep working on it. low-med beginner.
    Courtesy returned.
    Thanks, I'll work on that!

Banned

I agree, you'll need to work on your movements and poses. Yes, your animations are smooth and eased, but there are many flaws, such as no flowing, too many stop-and-goish movements, very weird poses, physics aren't that much. I suggest you try to practice on flow, try to view some poses/movements tutorial, I surely think it'll help you. (Especially Darren's tutorial.) I think you should work your effects, too... Better effects equal better results, and try to practice on movements/poses. Hope to see you get better soon, good luck.

Low-to-Medium Beginners.

Quote Originally Posted by Firo
    I agree, you'll need to work on your movements and poses. Yes, your animations are smooth and eased, but there are many flaws, such as no flowing, too many stop-and-goish movements, very weird poses, physics aren't that much. I suggest you try to practice on flow, try to view some poses/movements tutorial, I surely think it'll help you. (Especially Darren's tutorial.) I think you should work your effects, too... Better effects equal better results, and try to practice on movements/poses. Hope to see you get better soon, good luck.

Low-to-Medium Beginners.
    Thank you, I'll check out that tutorial. I'll try to post a new animation today on what I learn.

Re: Bulld0g's Animations! Fights, tests, etc. (Courtz RETURN

Stiffness and physics are your two biggest issues. Everything is pretty smooth, and easing needs a LITTLE work but not much.

Especially on your backflip test, the physics is pretty far off. Make sure to launch your person high enough to get the backflip you need, and don't rush his landing. Also, in the same animation is back is completely locked in place. Make sure you move every joint accordingly in all animations.

Low beginner for now, but when you lock down physics and stiffness, you'll be on a really good track as far as smoothness goes

Courtesy returned!
    Click here to check out mah stuff!

Used to animate a ton, and I'm just now getting back into it.

Enthusiast

Though the physics are off, I'd start with working on easing and flow. Foot placement is also important in animation, your low beginner now, but with work you'll get better.

Courtesy?

ℋope

Try to move every segment in every frame.
    Work also on your easing.

Low Beginner.

You are pretty good for a beginner.
    You show the basics and such, but here's my critique.
    First of all, spacing.

Spacing is the idea that inertia, or the unchanging of the velocity of objects,applies to animation.
    Make sure when moving the joints After you ease, to make all of the movements similar to the other ones.
    [-[-[-[-[-[-[-[-[-[-

-=distance joints are moved in each frame
    [=frame.
    Speaking of joints, make sure to move them more.
    Especially when doing powerful movements, stiffness is really bad.
    One of the greatest ways to show great animation is having fast movements without lacking flow, or having small movements without stiffness.Make sure to move every single joint(Dot) and move them quick enough to get rid of the stiffness.
    You show basic easing and ideas, just work on this stuff and you'll be good bra.

Courtesy Returned.
    [center:39wslgrj]Courtesy?:

Youtube[/center:39wslgrj]

Quote Originally Posted by .Domination
    You are pretty good for a beginner.
    You show the basics and such, but here's my critique.
    First of all, spacing.

Spacing is the idea that inertia, or the unchanging of the velocity of objects,applies to animation.
    Make sure when moving the joints After you ease, to make all of the movements similar to the other ones.
    [-[-[-[-[-[-[-[-[-[-

-=distance joints are moved in each frame
    [=frame.
    Speaking of joints, make sure to move them more.
    Especially when doing powerful movements, stiffness is really bad.
    One of the greatest ways to show great animation is having fast movements without lacking flow, or having small movements without stiffness.Make sure to move every single joint(Dot) and move them quick enough to get rid of the stiffness.
    You show basic easing and ideas, just work on this stuff and you'll be good bra.

Courtesy Returned.
    Thank you for the tips brah. I updated a new animation just now working on what you told me to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast