Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kuki's Animations

My newest anim.
    Update:

Better?

Another one

2 Hits:
    http://yourimg.in/m/98404hb.gif
    3Hits:
    http://yourimg.in/m/abg0h02.gif

Banned

Re: I'm low-beg. Right?

Well, mostly everything. I suggest you see Darren's Tutorial in the tutorials' section, I surely think It'll help you out.

Stiffness easing well yea u need to wrk on evry thing check darrens tutorial

Well firo that doesn't really help on saying everything.

Let me continue on that:

Easing: You seem to understand what easing is, as I can tell from when he landed from the jump he sort of crouched and slowed him self down which shows me I'm guessing you know about it. But work on your poses (I have an example, just keep reading on). When he started running, his left leg flowed in nicer but can be less choppy but his other leg didnt seem to match the left. Your main leg is controlling the initial burst and it seems like his left leg went before his right leg started moving it should be vice versa. This is called flow.

Flow: After that crouch it seemed like his hands where going down but he instantly pops out in a run. When going back up in that running poses, it would make perfect sense if his hands moved back abit more and continue from there. Instead of ballistic bouncing, try to keep your sticks body position at a certain level when running, if you run in real life is your upper body bouncing? Move the body a few pixels every frame but make sure it makes sense with your movement at this case when he starts up running at the initial point, his back will go up but lower down over time, not up down up down.

Stiffness: Basically when not all your stick figures joints do not move in one frame. when moving every joint in every frame, you get a nice flow to what your figure is doing. Make sure not to over move because you have to keep easing, so maybe when he is in a position where it doesnt make alot of sense to move your stick figure from the position, move the body a pixel or two just to keep it from not looking stiff.

Spacing: Basically how much you want your figure to move during the "Movement/Easing Process". It can all depend on momentum and where your stick figure's body is at. The most i can basically explain on it is, to see how you move in real life to explain the spacing thats needed. from landing down at that spot, he should have crouched a bit more and smoother. and in tremors, you still have to keep at mind spacing and easing. It doesnt go down then up at the same spot, it goes down and goes up a little less then the spot it originally was, and if it was a big tremor, go down as much as you want, up probably half of what you went down and down a pixel or two and it would look nice.

Movements: Types of movements and such can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22662

Good luck bro
    [center:3baahxfb]

My Animation Folder (Updated Regularly)
    Take but give Courtesy.[/center:3baahxfb]

Thankyou very much Ponyo!
    you explained it very well, although i didn't get some points. i tried some on my anim. See if it's better?

UPDATE!

Re: Kuki's Animations (Why isn't someone replying!)

UPDATE!

well i see u hav easingbut i can see some stiiff movements or tremor added unexplained anyway just w
    ork on stiifness and flow im impressed u hav foot placement :P and to help you see this
    viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22662 or this viewtopic.php?f=36&t=86169
    i hav yo wallet > * PUNCH LIKE A BOSS

Well, ur combo is a litte bit stiff but i can see u improved.practitce more Good luck
    [center:1zyev0s0][/center:1zyev0s0]
    [center:1zyev0s0]Thread[/center:1zyev0s0]

Old Newbie

Good animations. But you need to work on movement and spacing, i think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast