Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Time For A Come Back

Veteran Enthusiast Sharpshooter's Avatar

Re: Rank Me Please

Hey, sorry for the late reply. First though all animation threads go in the animating areas, entrance hall isn't for animations, it's to introduce yourself to everyone.

Your animations aren't bad, I loved some of the effects in the dbz animation, the way you animated that small blur/blob effect looked really good. Your movements aren't spaced properly in my opinion. The punch in the top animation looked as though each move was spaced the same, it's noticeable in the kick animation as well, and that's not what you want. Use smaller spacing before the punch to show some build up, use greater spacing during the punch to show power. Other basic things such as foot placement and shakiness can use some work, all it takes is patience and lots of editing.

As for now I rank you low beginner. Your effects are too good compared to your movements, you wanna balance it out a bit so I suggest you make more short movement animations just to get a hang of things. Try to edit your animation each time you hit "new frame", always keep an eye on the sticks foot placement.

Ah well, I will move your thread in beginnershall 2 just to get you started off. Good luck with the rest of your animations, you can always message me again if you want another comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter
    Hey, sorry for the late reply. First though all animation threads go in the animating areas, entrance hall isn't for animations, it's to introduce yourself to everyone.

Your animations aren't bad, I loved some of the effects in the dbz animation, the way you animated that small blur/blob effect looked really good. Your movements aren't spaced properly in my opinion. The punch in the top animation looked as though each move was spaced the same, it's noticeable in the kick animation as well, and that's not what you want. Use smaller spacing before the punch to show some build up, use greater spacing during the punch to show power. Other basic things such as foot placement and shakiness can use some work, all it takes is patience and lots of editing.

As for now I rank you low beginner. Your effects are too good compared to your movements, you wanna balance it out a bit so I suggest you make more short movement animations just to get a hang of things. Try to edit your animation each time you hit "new frame", always keep an eye on the sticks foot placement.
    Ah well, I will move your thread in beginnershall 2 just to get you started off. Good luck with the rest of your animations, you can always message me again if you want another comment.
    oh ok thanks

Well none of your animations are eased so I believe it's your 1st time using pivot.
    Try reading one of the tutorials here in DD.I'm sure it would be helpful.
    [center:1zyev0s0][/center:1zyev0s0]
    [center:1zyev0s0]Thread[/center:1zyev0s0]

In Sticktopia,Killing some sticks...Bored...

Well , your pivots are eased at all. I guess your a Low Beginner.

Courtesy?
    [center:3k72qe6j][/center:3k72qe6j] [center:3k72qe6j]Courtesy? ;3[/center:3k72qe6j]

I'd say Low Beginner.
    You need to learn many things look at Darren's Tutorial for help.

Re: Updated Plzzz Rank

creative animations...over their movements are very hard...try to follow your movements and you better add that easyng and smooth and physics...sorry my bad english i'm from brazil.cortezy?
    [center:2hmzucy2][/center:2hmzucy2]
    http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88648

Quote Originally Posted by kamenridervt4
    creative animations...over their movements are very hard...try to follow your movements and you better add that easyng and smooth and physics...sorry my bad english i'm from brazil.cortezy?
    no worries and thanks

Not to sound to harsh or anything, but I see these all the time. Take it from me, to get to where I am now it took awhile, I didn't get far, but I'm glad I reached my goal. What you should start off doing is just animate really simple things such as walking, trying to keep it so that when the feet land they follow a straight line. Don't rush your animations, it isn't a race, it isn't uncommon to spend more than a few minutes on a frame just to tweak it to the point where it looks good. I, like Sharpshooter, would rank you as a low beginner and I whole hearted agree with what he said in his post which is much easier than reiterating it again.

Let's start with walking, start off with a relatively proportionate stickman and a straight line a floor and as a guideline and make the figure walk, taking care that when the stickman's foot is on the ground it stays in the same place until it is lifted up and put in front of the other. By just getting the foot placement right you can make your whole animation look a whole heap better. Don't be angry if you have to go back to about 5 or so frames and move the foot ever so slightly so it is in the same spot each time. Try to move the back joints as well, even if it is just slightly, it gives the figure more of a personality and makes him look less rigid than how he would generally look. Also don't forget to sway the arms, just slightly remember, he is only walking, slow smooth arm movements would be ideal.

If you have any more animations you would like me to CC just send me a PM.
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

Re: Close to Mid Rank

well,
    your poses aren't good.
    and try to take other stickmen for animating, cuz default-stk is lame
    first, you have to do footplacement, then tie easing, and after that the stiffness.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast