Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Azukel's Animz

Azukel's Animz

From what you guys told me (thanks), I should start easing, and such.. So.. I took the advice, since I forgot about the basics, and make a VERY SHORT animation.. Is my easing better?

Banned

Re: Am I decent?

I suggest you take a look at some tutorials in the tutorials section, they'll help you out

I like it. But there are somethings you should work on like easing, stiffness, and momentum. Id work on easing and stiffness first because momentum might be a little harder to do at first. But wait, do you know what any of these things are? If not id go to the tutorial section and check some out! :P
    Wanna give Courtesy? Please?
    http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88272
    [only 2 anims]

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoku
    I like it. But there are somethings you should work on like easing, stiffness, and momentum. Id work on easing and stiffness first because momentum might be a little harder to do at first. But wait, do you know what any of these things are? If not id go to the tutorial section and check some out! :P
    Thanks. Oh, and I focus on making the "good parts" of my animation, then go back to each frame and "edit" it. So, that will be covered once I actually finish this... IF I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Firo
    I suggest you take a look at some tutorials in the tutorials section, they'll help you out
    I watch a lot of tutorials, but.. Most of them aren't exactly what I could "use". I prefer to learn from my mistakes, and helpful people on Darkdemon.. Sort of a more legit way in my opinion.

How long have you been animating? This is pretty good. You're already getting some of the advanced effects and such down. I can see some potential in you.
    "An expensive watch will never buy you more time" theminimalists
    PM for CC - My Thread - Reference Collection - Forum Rules

Work on your flow and easing, and you do look decent.

Zax

Your animation is stiff, shaky, and it has no easing.

To eliminate stiffness, move EVERY JOINT EVERY FRAME.

Shakiness is when a joint's motion path gets jagged. A motion path is the path the joint takes each frame. Imagine a line is being drawn each time you position a joint. If the line between the joint's positions each frame is jagged, the animation will look shaky, and it won't flow either. Make sure you keep an eye on the onion skin in your animations to prevent shakiness.

When someone moves, they start up slowly, speed up, and then slow down again. Your movements are like this: |--|--|--|--|--|--|--| What a movement really looks like is this: |-|--|---|------|---|--|-|

But that's just one example of easing. There are many different methods. I'd suggest looking at this tutorial.

Hope I helped. Good luck improving!

Courtesy? (that means you comment on my thread)
    I'm Back

Thanks for the advice Styk. I'm currently working on an animation before seeing this, and the easing is going well.. My old animations were.. beginner level, but had easing in it.. Looks like I forgot some of the basics. Oh, and thanks everyone else for calling it decent or "pretty good". I'll try my best to improve. I started animating 2 years ago, got some subscribers, then I got addicted to COD and some websites.. And stopped animating for like 5 months.. So, I animate once like.. every 2 months.

Azukel's Animz

Hopefully, the easing is a LOT better.