Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Fresh Newbie

Fakalofa126 Animation Thread

[center:mgudqtul]New

Flip-flop

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    [spoiler:mgudqtul]Punch Combo

Strong Kick

Jump

Walk

Running[/spoiler:mgudqtul][/center:mgudqtul]

Re: Fakalofa126 Animation Thread

inform yourself about footplacement, physics and easing.

Fresh Newbie

Okay,?'m trying

[center:1es7pmrf]My thread[/center:1es7pmrf]

The spider web effect was pretty neat in my opinion.

[center:ue5ay75k]It's Epic CC Time![/center:ue5ay75k]
    First on this animation: [spoiler:ue5ay75k][/spoiler:ue5ay75k]
    While the stick man flips his back stays straight which causes stiffness. It is also a bad pose for a flip. If someone front fliped like that in real life they would feel really uncomfortable and because their head would be sticking out they would most likely break their neck which usually (will) leads to dying.
    Look at some one doing a front flip in real life. When they flip they curl into a ball.

Now for this animation: [spoiler:ue5ay75k][/spoiler:ue5ay75k]
    If you look at spidey's feet, they shake around enough to be noticed. Also, the animation speed seems slow.

I spent a good 15 minutes of my time making this comment, so I hope you paid attention.

Courtesy?
    [center:1ufcragw]Over9000's Fun Fact: 9000 + 1 = OVER 9000!!!

Courtesy?
    My Animations:http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=88835
    My Youtube:http://youtube.com/ImmaFatherOfGoku
    My Crap: http://crap.com.au/Over9000 (Just Kidding)[/center:1ufcragw]

To be honest I liked the flip, there isn't much speed and flow but looks good, to make it looks right you need study more easing, spacing, foot placement and physic. Because when he is building up to jump the foot placement is wrong making the stick looks shaky, and don't forget to move the stick for only one direction while the movement because if you move him randomly to right and left it will give a shaky look too, look at his butt few moments before he jump, you'll see that it moves to right and left, while should move only to right and focus more moving down for better build up.

The flip is good, if you get down more the basic you'll refine it by yourself, so is no needed I say something about it now.

The landing was bad, because you didn't placed his foot so we can't see him absorbing the impact which is really bad for acrobatic animations, and arms broke at the end, don't do this type of thing to flow the stick parts, if it was me I would do one of the arms going in the ground to not get out of balance and the other I would move a little bit to back, not much like you did through.

Try think how someone would react while doing this type of movement, it will make a lot easier you see how much you should move the stick parts, when you should move. But no worry man, this things comes with practice and effort. Look in the Veteran and Elite section and you'll find great pivs, study them and try reproduce something that you learned, is not like to copy them or something, get the inspiration and do your own animation.

This animation would be way better if you had just fixed the foot, because it was good to be honest, and like I already said I liked the flip.

I'll be posting this http://minus.com/mbdDvz4axv#1 to help you with foot placement, all you have to do is use a stick with thickness 0 and place it in the joint of the foot that you'll stay in the ground in the next frames. You'll be using it as reference of where the foot was in the last frame.

Good luck man, if I was confusing in this CC Pm'e and explain to you what you want.