Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Puddin's Back

Puddin's Back

Long time since I been back doing pivot. I have forgot how to animate... Here is my animation below! Also since I forgot I need some help as usual :P, Baha's Tutorial I dont really understand.. Oblivionfall's Helped me most but I need another one explaining most.
    Older Animations(Dont Rank)

[spoiler:3s91cbol]Running <- Not sure about

Fast Run
    sorry about the fastness... I dont know how to fix it
    Acrobatics[/spoiler:3s91cbol]

Newer Animations

Running Loop (New)

Walk (New) (dont rank me on this i was bored)

Punch Punch(New) (not so sure) ending was shiz

[spoiler:qfe5z6vk]Thread[/spoiler:qfe5z6vk]

Thread Up Below

Re: Puddin's Back

Ok, so there are some problems in your animations. For the first one it's mainly stiffnes - that means not moving every joint ( red dot ) every frame. I think fixing it is pretty obvious - move every joint every frame. And the back arm... what is it doing. Here's a tip for making realistic movements - First do the movement in real life and then animate it ( if it doesn't get right the first time, do it again In real life untill you learn it perfectly ( depends on the movement, i'm not telling you to do a backflip over and over again )). Ok, now for the second one - I saw you tried to fix the stiffness in this one, that's good. But it's a little too slow, maybe you can remove some frames or just move the stick more every frame. Overall - low-med beg. Maybe you can ask someone to teach you or watch tutorials on youtube. Or both. If you want, I will teach you some basics. And upload more animations.
    [center:3tiy03vt]My animation thread[/center:3tiy03vt]
    [center:3tiy03vt]------------------------------------------------[/center:3tiy03vt]

The Gif makes it a little less slow and tinypic makes a bit more slower lol... Thanks for that.. I didnt know realisticness makes suuuch a difference... thanks alot! im animating like darren now.. ill be updating soon..

Thread Up Below

Your animations are of generic beginner quality. You need to improve your movements, consistency and all.

Try to avoid sticking the origin in one place, it doesn't cause a lot of excitement in the animation unless done properly and on purpose. Also, try to avoid moving only specific joints, it's not a good thing to look at and it makes the stickfigure less lively. Put some cooperation on the joints, they should be able to flow together and move together in harmony.

Too bad that a lot of links are dead right now, but if you can, always try to study the movements and imitate the animations by other great animators (although don't post the animations you created by copying, that's kinda rude!). It always helps doing so.

Copy -> Apply -> Innovate.

Copy the parts of the animation where you were left amazed, then you apply what you have learned from those, and then you create new shit from where you learned.

I can't type much right now (and I can't animate, my mouse is broken), I'm loss at thoughts because of my emotional state. I hope you learn though.

As of now, you're stuck at beginners.

Ian

well, I like your fast run cycle, its not bad, just a little bit shaky and stiff but still not bad...

but as for the kick animation it is rather stiff and un-eased...

One way of removing stiffness is to move every joint in each frame, and move the origin* too (it makes it more dynamic and exciting.)
    But not all animators move every joint in each frame, lets take Dead Throne for example, an Elite animator, if you look at some of his animations closely, you can see that he doesnt ALWAYS move every joint. (Note that I said he doesnt ALWAYS do it, that doesnt mean he never moves every joint, it just means that he doesnt move every joint sometimes.)

* The origin is the orange dot in the center of your stick figure, it is the one that moves the whole figure around the screen

anyway, easing...

easing is when an object starts off moving slowly and then gradually gets faster, here is a diagram to explain:

| = Frame

- = distance object moves

|-|--|----|--------|----|--|-|

^
    starts off slow
    but then gets
    faster as it
    goes along

now, shakiness...

shakiness is when a limb/object well... shakes a lot, take a look at your animation, is one of the limbs just spazzing around the place? Well, that's shakiness, it is usually caused because one of the limbs/objects diverts away from its motion path,

it is quite difficult to explain, so I'll just show you an example of a shaky animation:

[spoiler:1uvpzluf][/spoiler:1uvpzluf]
    here is the .piv:

*Clicky*

as you can see the black stick's leg spazzes about, it is shaky, one way to fix it is to simply keep the leg going in the direction it was going before, all sorted!

[spoiler:1uvpzluf][/spoiler:1uvpzluf]
    here is the .piv:

*CLICKY*

So that's all i have to say for now, just practice work on these things and you will improve in no time!

good luck!

Projects:

none

SLASHED 2012!

Thank you ian so much. Your a life saver! *Lol*

I can see easily the Left Leg and the right leg is spazzaming around like a ferret on a wheel...

Easing... I just tested this out and its perfect! I'll be uploading better animations soon.. Thanks Ian..

Thread Up Below

[spoiler:5ubyy7ra]Acrobatics[/spoiler:5ubyy7ra]
    Update

CLICKY UP TOP!

[spoiler:5ubyy7ra]Acrobatics NO CLICK ME NOT HIM![/spoiler:5ubyy7ra]

Thread Up Below

When he was running, his entire upper body was stiff, at the end, the flip was way too fast, and the back was stiff. At the beggining, the way how he appeared was very bad. Try not making him appear like that because it makes the animation unrealistic, and while he was running, i absolutely disliked the way how he was jumping, he was jumping like a drunk little kid. And also, the stick man wasn't swinging his arms when running.

You must work on the basics, look up for a tutorial to improve. Low begginer

Courtesy given by request.
    ~Yoga
    im havolis

Please just use the one thread, only one is allowed per animator.