Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animation tests

Animation tests

[spoiler:3cy02hv7][img]http://**********.com/img/1329895347.gif[/img]

This is a little test I made a while ago. After look at the intermediate zone animations, I realized I am nowhere near that. XD Please rate and comment!

*Update*
    Here's a more recent running test.
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1330125782.gif[/img]

*Update*
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1330150755.gif[/img][/spoiler:3cy02hv7]

RECENT Update
    Firstly, I'd like to say congrats to all the people in the DDcollab 11 - that was the best one yet!
    Secondly, it's been a while since I've done any sort of animation. So I just made this one running test, just to see how I was doing after watching the ddcollab epicness. So please feel free to comment and give some CC please!
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1345614192.gif[/img]
    If at first you don't succeed, you should not take up skydiving.

Rank

Could someone please rank me and give me tips for improvement?

Re: Animation tests

I sure can, The animations had really great ideas, but right now I think you should focus on these things
    • Flow
      Stiffness
      Smoothness

Like I said you had some great ideas, but until you get good in the basic punches and kicks and walks ETC, you won't get the best product out of it.
    Low-medium beginners.
    Good luck, and also check some tut's on those things.

-xtream

Lucy the Skype cat
    <3 Sasha and <3 Girbot
    ^.^

Thanks for the tips!

hey man, like x-tream said you need to work on; flow, stiffness and smoothness. but you also need to work on easing:
    flow:the way on movement moves from one to the next. you cant make it jerky, it needs to merge from one movement/pose.

stiffness:where the back doesn't or barely moves. to fix this move every joint in every frame even if its only one pixel.

smoothness:the distance between the figure and the onionskin(shadow left). use heavy(large) spacing for very fast movements and use light(small) spacing for slow movements or slo-mo.

easingractically spacing but not....its about slowing to a stop and speeding up to speed as follows:

/=figure.
    -=pixels.

/-/--/----/-------/----------/-------------/-----------/-------/----/--/-/

ok? coolbeans
    My thread

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    PSN: TestosteroneMong
    Steam: willace997
    PSN: Testosteronemong

this is some good stuff for a new beginner, I can say that moves you came up with are good, but the performance of them needs work.

just like the other said, you have to use much more easing. you should also remove stiffness easily by learning moves from tutorials or basing on pivs.

try to move every joint in every frame while in motion. these are one of the worst mistakes you can do. in frame 1 you move hands, and THEN in frame 2 you move legs. and this is bad. you are supposed to move both in one frame. if not, the animation will look sloppy.

courtesy? (signature)

I can tell you're already trying a lot of new things, such as running, camera movements, and blurs. This is fantastic! I always tell new comers and beginners to not worry about specific movements and such; instead I advise them to just practice and experiment continuously until they become more comfortable, the smooth movements everyone is looking for will come naturally with practice. If I could say one thing to work on, it would be stiffness. Try to move the limbs, especially the arms, in every frame and keep their movements more smooth. You seem to already have the hang of moving the legs. So for now just get familiar with animation terms like easing and spacing, keep on practicing, and you'll be fine!
    "An expensive watch will never buy you more time" theminimalists
    PM for CC - My Thread - Reference Collection - Forum Rules

Ok. New (hopefully) better animations, and all courtesy returned.

Fanatic Enthusiast Cookiegangsta's Avatar

Not bad, like the others like work on smoothness. Be aware of physics too however work on one thing before doing to another. But keep practicing and you got it.

Dude, I'm jealous of the double front kick that you did! You are so awesome but ease more and loosen up the back of the stick in your running animation. my rating is 3/5 keep practicing and good luck

courtesy?
    [center:2qnlwhla]Have you ever dreamed of being a king?[/center:2qnlwhla]
    [center:2qnlwhla]Be a king at The Ultimate Pivot War[/center:2qnlwhla]
    [center:2qnlwhla]Limited only from Beginners to Intermediate[/center:2qnlwhla]
    [center:2qnlwhla]Click here and join NOW![/center:2qnlwhla]
    [center:2qnlwhla]PM me if you have no ArtCastle account but still want to join.[/center:2qnlwhla]

[center:2qnlwhla]DarkDemon Thread[/center:2qnlwhla] [center:2qnlwhla]ArtCastle Thread[/center:2qnlwhla] [center:2qnlwhla]YouTube Account[/center:2qnlwhla]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast