Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Emmeri's thread (dodgeball!)

[center:dyvzw67c]Thread Overview: [/center:dyvzw67c]
    Hey DD. Here's my thread. The first thing you'll see is my newest animation and a few notes of how it was created, followed by links to previous animations. After that, they'll be a short about me, and the style I'm going for, followed by a notes section where I'll occasionally types stuff about myself and my life and how it relates to animation.

[center:dyvzw67c]Newest animation:[/center:dyvzw67c]

[center:dyvzw67c][/center:dyvzw67c]

[center:dyvzw67c]Animation Dump: [/center:dyvzw67c]

[center:dyvzw67c]New base stick![/center:dyvzw67c]

[center:dyvzw67c]Prince V.S. Shaman 2![/center:dyvzw67c]

[center:dyvzw67c]Blue Test[/center:dyvzw67c]

[center:dyvzw67c]Simple fight[/center:dyvzw67c]

[center:dyvzw67c]Prince VS Shaman[/center:dyvzw67c]

[center:dyvzw67c]Rust-breaking return fight[/center:dyvzw67c]

About me:
    I like a fast style, the more arcade-like, the better. No offence meant to anyone, but I get tired of seeing almost the same over-smoothed, loose, powerless style that's usually seen on DD. More power to 'em, I get bored if I animate that slowly. Way long ago, I messed around with pivot and got into the animation scene after I watched some old xiaoxiao. Epic fights and fast stick-figure beat 'em ups are what I think is cool and what gets me animating.

That said, I'll welcome any constructive criticism, and I'll usually give courtesy!

Notes:

(3/13/2012)-starting a joint with disturbedobsessor.

(3/6/2012) - Finished my part on the DD underdog's joint. it'll be pretty cool.

(2-29-2012) - Going to try to form a storyline between some of my animations. I don't know how it'll turn out, but I'm optimistic.

(2/28/2012) - Picked up animation again. the college life is busy, but animating helps me to relax.
    [center:1cnzkeid]My Thread[/center:1cnzkeid]

HITTU, entry1

From here on out, I'm kicking off a storyline that's starting to take shape in my head. Anything you read within the spoiler tags is the fluff related to the story. I'm fairly excited, and I want to see how it pans out, as well as if it keeps my motivation up for animating. Hopefully, It'll turn into something great!

Edit: On second thought, I put the story part over in the literature section, along with the appropriate animation to keep this thread animation-focused. If you are interested, go ahead and read it Here!

Re: Emmeri

CC would really be appreciated!

Re: Emmeri's thread ( now with a 200 frame fight!)

Pretty nice man.

I am here to return your courtesy, and I have to say that I'm impressed. Your animation show great power. C: Just try and ease a bit more, and add a little flow to them. At some parts on your newest looked some what stiff to me. I love your ideas though they are very entertaining to watch. I've got my eye on this thread keep it up man!

Courtesy returned.

Re: Emmeri's thread ( now with a 200 frame fight!)

hey man, your newest animation and the prince vs shaman one were really VERY good, there was an amazing show of power in the prince vs shaman one and in your newest you show great skill with weapons. i can see you getting intermediates soon man. keep it up!

courtesy?
    My thread

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    PSN: TestosteroneMong
    Steam: willace997
    PSN: Testosteronemong

Re: Emmeri's thread (a simple test)

New animation. Funny thing. About 1/2 way through I decided I wanted to try to shoot a bow, so I transformed the sword to a bow. Then back again. I did rush the ending a bit, but overall I like where my style is going.

The newest animation was awesome, almost flawless, I don't think I could go into details, but I don't understand was he supposed to be running or walking. If it was walking, then I suggest not to bend the knee that much, if it was running than you should bend it even more and make the back leg straighten up a bit more. Med-high beginner in my opinion.

Courtesy returned.
    [center:1nuc0921]

PA thread Thread PAs thread[/center:1nuc0921]

Zax

You have a very pleasing style, but it's a bit stop and go. Work on easing the movements from when they start to when they stop and when they transition into another movement. Good luck.

Courtesy returned.
    I'm Back

Damn your style is pretty sick. Im not sure what to criticise though... just keep it up

I like the color scheme and flavor of the blue animation. The landscape manipulation is unique, and the movements are accurate (I particularly liked the spin as he draws his sword).

However, there are a couple of weak areas. First, the scarf is awkward as he's running and falling. Half of the scarf movements were fluid, but the other half were just odd. Also, there could have been some more easing as he draws the bow. The arm is nice, but the rest of the body is more rigid than it should be as he prepares to fire the bow.

Overall, I really like the fast paced style, and how you captured the motions. However, some of the smaller details such as the scarf and easing could be improved.

Courtesy?
    [center:284j6eq4]
    LIES|Youtube|My Thread[/center:284j6eq4]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast