Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crylancelo's Animations! [UPDATED!!]

Hey guys. I'm new here. Decided I would give pivot a try and see how hings turn out! Hopefully I'll stay pretty active and improve over time.

I'll just start things off with the first thing I made after downloading the program. I guess its definitely kinda stiff at some points, but I think it turned out alright overall.

Newest!

Blood Test: Not as good as I had hoped.. But testing things out..

Second

First
    My Thread! Comment please!
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94172

ℋope

Re: Crylancelo's Animations!

I like the kicks, but there are some shaky parts.
    When the stick is in the air, take a look to his legs and his arms.

The end is quite nice, the head is also pretty shaky.

All in all it's nice but you have to work on the flaws.

Yeah I definitely see what you mean. I was more or less testing out the program with that and will definitely focus on those things in the future. Thanks for the input!

I'm not sure how the forums work exactly, because generally double posting isn't good etiquette, but I figured it needed a bump as I uploaded a new animation

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Crylancelo
    I'm not sure how the forums work exactly, because generally double posting isn't good etiquette, but I figured it needed a bump as I uploaded a new animation
    Yeah, bumping and double posting is allowed if you're adding a new animation. If you have any more questions about how the forum works, you could check out the Forum Rules, which is located in the Forum Updates, or you could send a private message to any member with a Light blue, Green, or Red username for those are the members of the Staff team.

Well I know how forums generally work, I just meant more along the lines of whether I was alowed to double post to bump my own topic. Thanks for clearing that up though!,,

Re: Crylancelo's Animations! [UPDATED!!]

Added a new animation! A little longer this time. Still practicing for the most part though.

http://i.imgur.com/qAkhA.gif

I particularly like the flow of the roll into the flip kick, and I honestly don't see many flaws with the main black stick figure.

The supporting cast, mr green and mr blue, seem to not know how to fall. They just hit the ground and stop. (to his credit, green bounces once) there should be some reaction as they strike the ground. It'll usually be those little things that the rank team will look at. Not that you'll have trouble improving at all, but a little effort in the right places turns a good animation into a great one.

Other than those two nitpicks, great job and keep it up!

I'm curious, what program did you use for animation before pivot?

Courtesy? ( It means can you take the time, go to my thread, and give me some constructive criticism with your obvious animation expertise?)
    [center:1cnzkeid]My Thread[/center:1cnzkeid]

I animated in flash for about 4 years or so when I was in grade school and high school. I'm now a junior in college and haven't animated in a couple years, and haven't really been able to get back into animating in flash because it just takes so much time and I'm very busy with classes. But I refound pivot and its simplistic structure allows me to play around and animate a little faster than i would otherwise in flash. I animated in pivot a LOOOONG time ago, (around the time when I first started animating in 8th grade or so before I had flash). Actually if I recall correctly, I was one of the early members of Darkdemon when it first began. I highly doubt anyone remembers me from back then, though I do recognize some names of people that I used to talk to quite often. I went by stickmasterx here and Apocalypse on other forums back then. I really dislike the name stickmasterx as I made it when i was around 13 and I'm now 21, and the name Apocalypse was taken on this forum, so I came up with this name

Added a quick blood test. I'm not all that happy about it...Is there any way to zoom in on the stage so that I can click on the small particles easier?

http://i.imgur.com/5VzWM.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast