Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Modern's Thread!

Welcome to my thread on here on darkdemon.orgI have looked at several tutorials and the only one that worked for me is oblivionfall's and thats a fact xd

anyway im 11 years old

Here are my new animations...
    Also.. Havent i changed xd

Although im a very lazy dude so dont get mad at me about joints not being moved I know what flow and foot placement and easing and all that stuff is its just that im uh... Lazy to put that all together

i tried me bestie in this one (mario style)

i love this one i call it PUNCH and walk
    well you can pretty much tell xd

Old animations dont rank me
    [spoiler:1tfq5dps]
    the reason why this one's terrible is cause the legs are the same as "Realistic Stickman" or whatever and the legs dont crossover but i tried my best i got lazy at the end because i thought it was pointless with a stupid stk lol..

i like this one aloooot more
    but this needs improving!

thats all the animations for now... later i will make tests anyway thanks!![/spoiler:1tfq5dps]

Old Newbie

Re: Modern's Thread!

I can't say your rank because I'm not good on ranking. Still, I can comment your animation
    The movements are very well done and look realistic. And, most important, they are well eased! The foot placement seems fine too.

I don't see any problem with your test animation. Make some more to show more of your skills.

Banned

That walk is pretty okay. But it still looks laggy and choppy.
    Try to keep the motion path consistent big!

It's hard to rank you on such a small aniamtion. But I would say Low - Med Beginner.
    Animate more..

update

improved by far

and updated

Saying you're lazy is no excuse not to move all limbs, I'm probably one of the laziest idiots on this forum and even I move all limbs.

For the rest, you lack power (1), you seem to hold inconsistent spacing (2) and you forget about basic human ways while animating (3).

1: The punch was sooooo sloooooow, try to keep the speed up when required, you will have to experiment with this to find out when something has the right power;

2: Your stickmen don't space very consistent, I suggest you sometimes hold to take a look at the motion paths of your stickman. A motion path is the path a joint follows throughout the frames, it should be a smooth line that doesn't have any wobbles in it, just a nice curvy line throughout the frames. Also it should hold a consistent speed (this is momentum, you'll hear about that sometime);

3: Keep in mind what pose a human would take while doing something, think how we execute moves, what we move and in which way and think how humans in general respond to something. If this translates into stickmen well the animation will automatically become more interesting.

That's it for now, if you have certain issues, just PM me and I'll help you out with it .

PS: My avatar's a pear, not an apple

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

The newest is quite cool, good job! You did the punch fairly well, it had a nice sense of power to it.
    I see you realize you're missing some things in flow and foot placement and such. However, saying you're lazy is hardly an excuse! If you want to become better at Pivot animation, you need to practice the things that are hard, until you CAN be lazy and STILL get it right. I would suggest sitting down, and then make some simple movement. Then go back, re-watch every frame and try and see if you can spot flaws, like foot placement and inconsistent speed. It takes a while, but it will make you a better animator in the long run
    Behaviorally Related Neural Plasticity in the Arthropod Optic Lobes

tumblr | last.fm

Seriously guys... I have to admit i am lazy
    good job i kept the piv file

i was so lazy i didnt apply and flow or foot placement And THIS is not a excuse just for animation

i will make one with attempts for flow and foot placement

AND THIS time i will slap myself and wake up im so tired

Okay.. TIME TO GET MY WIDDLE FINGERS TO ANIMATE

The pear not apple dude response:

I dont see whats wrong with the pose of the animation its ready for a good punch and the legs are designed for a good step and from those limbs i created a nice punch

I am only 11 and i cant understand what easing motion path or whatever that is.. by the way can you spot any easing in the animation?

no animation ever needs to be speeded up its called your style dude you like to be fast amirite... and i like to be slow the punch seems fine to me like strider said... speed dosent matter im trying my best thats what matters

anyway guys thanks for cc xd

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by moderndwalfare

i love this one i call it PUNCH and walk
    well you can pretty much tell xd
    well, this anim is quite a large improvement from you previous one IMO so good job on that.

the problems that i see are that the punching arm gets a little shaky when it lowers and there seems to be no power in the punch, next time you animate a punch, give it some power by making a small build up to the punch or something.
    And as Caleb said, the punch is really slow, so don't put too many frames in next time because you dont usually see someone punching like that do you?

Another thing you could improve on is moving his back a bit more, throughout the whole animation his back is fairly straight and doesn't seem to move alot, try moving it a bit more next time.

One thing i really like is his legs, the leg movements were brilliant, I really like them, well done.
    Also next time, try to move the non-punching arm a little more, it seemed really fixed(as in restricted in it's movements) so try to move it a bit more next time.

Just work on these things as well as what the others have said and i think you will improve dramatically.

low-Med - beginner for now.

Projects:

none

SLASHED 2012!