Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Shahan's Animation Thread

Yo' sup. I'm back.
    Beginner - July 2012
    Inters - Soon enough I think.
    Veteran - Far away D:
    Elite - I definitely will get this! > (No joke, I will get to elite standard ;D).
    Animations:

Love this one.

What rank am I? Most recent at da top.
    Out with the old animations, in with the new ones. <:3.

Credit to the creators of the stks I used in my animations!
    [center:37q8vrce] faces everywhere! For I am happy.[/center:37q8vrce]
    [center:37q8vrce]Thread: http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89873[/center:37q8vrce]
    Projects: Beard Ninja 1/???

Old Newbie

Re: Shahan's Animation Thread

The movements are good and eased. There is some stiffness, but it isn't very noticeable.
    I would say med beginner. Make more animations so you can show more of your skills and then we can judge you better

Bump? Uh, not sure if I am allowed to do this after one week though. Added a new animation.
    [center:37q8vrce]Thread: http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=89873[/center:37q8vrce]

The Green Boss

It's been a MONTH not a week and you can double post/ bump anytime you wan't as long as it is with a new animation. The main problem with your animations that I see is the spacing. It is very jumpy and not spaced out evenly. Like sometimes you would move the figure 10 pixels then 8 pixels then 11 pixels. That makes it look quite jumpy. Make it more consistent. Keep it up dude your doing great.

Hey thanks Juke! I was wondering if you could PM me and example of good spacing? If you don't want to, that's fine, I just think an example would give me a better understanding of good spacing. Keep on commenting guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Shahan
    Hey thanks Juke! I was wondering if you could PM me and example of good spacing? If you don't want to, that's fine, I just think an example would give me a better understanding of good spacing. Keep on commenting guys!
    Look at Darren's or Bahamut's tutorials. I think their tutorials cover spacing. I'm sure of it. *Too lazy to check*

@Epic flow test; I agree with Juke, your main problem is spacing.

I like epic flow test quite a bit, there are a few minor flaws here and there but overall, it's good! My major cocern is the cartwheel. The speed of the legs during the cartwheel is almost consistent throughout the whole move, which is good, but I thought the placement in the arms were quite bad.

*Sorry if this doesn't make sence, I'm not thinking straight today*
    *cough* Courtesy?

Steam

All aboard the Kill la Kill hype train!

The Green Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Shahan
    Just look at some tutorials mate, or even just try and find a piv file of any intermediate animator, you see with spacing, how fast or slow, how much you ease makes your style, so with spacing you can't really copy it because then it turns into their style and not your own. Just make the spacing even. Not fast then just suddenly turn slow then fast. It makes it look jumpy. You get me? If you desperately want to see an animation. You can pm me and ask to see one of my animations I guess, just tell me which one.

Okay thanks! Keep these comments going guys . Sure, I'll courtesy Alchemist.

Banned

You have a somewhat good understanding of spacing and overall poses, yet you really need to make better use of the onionskin whenever you can. Most of your movements are really stiff and hard to notice.
    Most animators don't really pay attention to the onionskin at all anymore, too bad, for it's a crucial aspect if a good animation is wanted.
    There really is nothing else to be said; your foot placement is spot-on and so is the easing in your newest one.

Go to the Pivot Veterans area and look up a guy called Kellawgs. Watch his stuff, it'll definitely inspire you.

Wow! I love your advice, it really helped me on what I should improve on! Thanks, I will search him up!

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast