Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Puddin

Puddin

Hello. I am ten years old and i have been animating with pivot for two years!

i have been trying hard to understand what is the key to good animation. But im not good at math because im only ten years old.

I understand things like... Stiffiness getting rid of that and basic movements and easing but my animations are still choppy..

Whats the key to animation please leave CC in the comments!

Here are my animations i really hope you enjoy them.

No animations lol... be patient

[spoiler:qfe5z6vk]Thread[/spoiler:qfe5z6vk]

Thread Up Below

Re: Puddin

at the moment your biggest problem is stiffness. your aim when dealing with movement is to move every joint in every frame. for instance when moving the lower back for the punch, move the upper back as well to emphasize him leaning into the punch. also you probably should worry to much about flow as of now but when you do move 2 different joints, dont ease them at the same time.

for instance if the upper arm is eased to a stop and changes direction, the lower arm does not have to stop as well and can continue to move a little longer. Everything has its own momentum and takes different times to stop.

As for your easing you do ease, but only in some cases. for instance you seem to have applied SOME BRIEF easing to the upper body. but as the foot slides back it snaps to a straight stop.

remember to always apply the basic |-|--|---|-----| (being able to count pixels is a very useful skill)

Edit: you also seem to have shakiness present in your animation. particularly that front leg. always maintain the same direction and never have something suddenly change direction.

Courts returned, thanks for the CC you left on my thread. Keep it up man
    Moonlight Road: 210/600

First on first, the animation is stiff. To get rid of stiffnes, move every joint ( red dot ) of the stickfigure.

I don't like the footplacement (the place of the feet of the stick) too. Here's a tip on how to fix it - create a marker stick (Or you can download it here). How to use it - On the first frame of the animation, you place the marker stick on the foot joint of the stickfigure, and when you're starting the movement, try to place the foot joint on the marker stick ( don't move the marker stick unless your stickfigure moves his feet(jumps, kicks)).

By the way, what is the back hand ( I mean the not-punching hand) doing? It was all cool in the start, but when the guy punched, it wasn't. You should've straightened it. Here's a tip for making realistic animations - Make the movement you want to animate in real life a couple times ( I don't mean you should do a triple backflip, for more complicated movements, just watch a video) and study it.

I hope I helped you.
    [center:3tiy03vt]My animation thread[/center:3tiy03vt]
    [center:3tiy03vt]------------------------------------------------[/center:3tiy03vt]

Yeah yeah... fill me with this junk and my brain will explode.... listen up

READ THE WORDS INSTEAD OF LOOKING at the animation....

im ten years old!! dont bust me brains out..

yeah easing... l-l--l----l-----l----l--l-l is my style of easing and i didnt put effort into that animation it was rushed

stiffness... move every joint per frame... bla bla i know it all...
    but im missing what's wrong ive updated 10x better... what can i do to improve i dont want any.. UHH I CANT RANK YOU??... BURP

i just need more help to improve..

Thread Up Below

Puddin

hey!!! we are trying to help
    Quote Originally Posted by Puddin
    Yeah yeah... fill me with this junk and my brain will explode.... listen up

READ THE WORDS INSTEAD OF LOOKING at the animation....

im ten years old!! dont bust me brains out..

yeah easing... l-l--l----l-----l----l--l-l is my style of easing and i didnt put effort into that animation it was rushed

stiffness... move every joint per frame... bla bla i know it all...
    but im missing what's wrong ive updated 10x better... what can i do to improve i dont want any.. UHH I CANT RANK YOU??... BURP

i just need more help to improve..

So basically you reject every single bit of cc given to you. Then complain that you dont get any help...

but anyway you complained that your main problem (supposedly) is choppiness. Just work on your spacing and try to make it more consistently. Choppiness is often an issue of sudden pickups in speed.
    Moonlight Road: 210/600

Flume

You have been given some good CC but if that's to general for you then here: when you punch someone, do your legs move/lean forward or backward? Forward of course because you wanna build up power. So first up the legs are completely unrealistic for a punch. Secondly is the arm that isn't punching it should go behind the body as the punch is delivered. Thirdly the punching arm could have used a bigger build up, and also the forearm (lower joint of arm) should have been angled up more (your forearm was faced down yet your punch went pretty much horizontal (sideways) which I felt took a bit away from the flow of the punch.

I know you say you understand easing but some of your movements don't have it and you aren't moving all your joints enough as said before (this could because you rushed the animation, I don't know). What you need to do is act out the movement before animating, I'm pretty sure if you punched the air a few times as hard as you could in real life you would notice your body would move/lean forward not backward. Unrealistic movements make animations look awkward so try avoid that. This has all been stated before, if you want more information apply for a mentor in the organization section and look at tutorials and pivot files of the veterans and elites on dark demon. Hope that helps if you can understand it

sorry for annoying comment back then i didnt mean it.. i just was angry

anyway!!!

i dont like the animation above and ive animated ten times better and i find assasin's information useful and Reapers

i havent started any animation yet but i will soon...

i will make a animation with all

flow
    easing
    foot placement
    realism
    unchoppyness

i will probs fail lol... but ill try

wish me luck ty guys for help!! sorry for ranting last time

Thread Up Below