Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Rank me?

Rank me?

Ok this animation was made last year, it could be better i know but it's not too bad and the animation I'm working on at the moment is a lot smoother compared to this. Around 1 minute into the animation walking/running is improved
    [youtube:121ockbx]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-pmNtwQhNw[/youtube:121ockbx]

Re: Rank me?

Well uhh, nice try at cinematics I guess, but try to keep yourself back from using Metal music on videos, there's quite an amount of people who dislike it on here, including me. Use music that's speedy but generally liked by great amounts and fits into the animation, for good examples, look up Mr Pix on youtube, he has some perfect synching music and the animation makes disliking the music impossible.

The animation itself was pretty mediocre too, the storyline didn't make any sense at all, the movements were pretty bad and stiff. Try to move every joint every frame and apply easing. Look in the tutorials section for some good explanations on this .

Low-medium beginner for now.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by IfILoseAgainISwear
    Well uhh, nice try at cinematics I guess, but try to keep yourself back from using Metal music on videos, there's quite an amount of people who dislike it on here, including me. Use music that's speedy but generally liked by great amounts and fits into the animation, for good examples, look up Mr Pix on youtube, he has some perfect synching music and the animation makes disliking the music impossible.

The animation itself was pretty mediocre too, the storyline didn't make any sense at all, the movements were pretty bad and stiff. Try to move every joint every frame and apply easing. Look in the tutorials section for some good explanations on this .

Low-medium beginner for now.
    Thanks for the quick feedback! Yeah I'll try not to use metal music in future animations. I have music set for my next animation which is perfect What didn't you understand about the story line? Might be because you haven't watched the previous ones which lead up to this one... Yeah I've sorted that well at least i think i have.

Old Newbie

I agree with IfILoseAgainISwear. The animation lacks of flow and the movements look bad.

About the background music, I also agree that Metal is not the best genre for this video.
    Choosing a background music requires a good perception of what genre of music actually matches the video's theme. For most cases, your favorite song is not the best choice.
    Let me give you an idea: most films about war use orchestral music, because it intensifies the moments of action. A Metal music, even the ones with a very heavy sound, does not have the same effect.
    Generally, the best songs for background are the instrumental ones. Avoid musics with vocals, as those matches better with the credits, but sometimes may ruin action moments in the context of the video.

Also, another tip: if you want to keep yourself out of copyright problems (and help independent artists), look for music on sites like SoundCloud, Jamendo, ccMixter, Freesound and many others (you can search for them on Google searching for "free sounds" or "royalty free sounds"). You will get impressed with the amount of high-quality and free content found on these websites