Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Old Newbie

Squeezy's Animations! [RANK] --UPDATED--

Hey, welcome to my animation thread children!

I've used Pivot recreationally since I was around 11-12 years old and I used to be on the MSN Group version of PA, but as work in school increased, my use dwindled.

Anyway, I'm now nearly 17 and I've decided to continue again.

I'd also like to thank anyone who made the sticks I use in my animations; as I got them from Droidz, I don't know who's they are.

BEGINNER ANIMATIONS

---[Blue]---

Blue is the story of an assassin who has gone to the Hollowhead base to assassinate their leader, Mr. Badguy. (Please forgive me if the assassin isn't blue; I'm colourblind)

This is Blue so far as it's only a trailer. I probably won't complete it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/31/blue1d.gif/

------------------------------------------------

Simple Fight Test

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...tbeginner.gif/

Summon the Hat

http://www.truploader.com/uploads/4_...mmonTheHat.gif

Arkay

This is the story of a war in the city of Arkay in 2016. I had so much fun with this and it took me around four hours to complete; and I will be continuing with this.

http://www.truploader.com/uploads/4_...22025Arkay.gif

------------------------------------------------

I'll continue to update this with more animations, and feel free to rank me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lympha
    They have a good point, there's no reason to believe the holocaust. Jews tend to disappear in groups of 6 million all the time and those camps were obviously just work camps that the Germans didn't need anymore when they were losing the war and that's the real reason the blew it up.

I live in a shit town full of shit people.

I'm one the more polite people you'll ever meet!

Banned

Re: Squeezy's Animations! [RANK]

Hey, for such a long break, that wasn't bad at all! In fact, I'd say that looks really good for your first animation in 5-6 years.

At this point you should think about increasing the amount of flow in your animations, for I think you've already gotten your own easing down. Just fiddle with it a little, you'll get used to it again.

Your current rank would qualify as Med-Beginner.

Courtesy would be nice.

Old Newbie

Thank you! I'll take on board everything that is given to me, and I will give courtesy<3
    They have a good point, there's no reason to believe the holocaust. Jews tend to disappear in groups of 6 million all the time and those camps were obviously just work camps that the Germans didn't need anymore when they were losing the war and that's the real reason the blew it up.

Welcome to darkdemon after 5-6 years.
    Hope you enjoy our tutorials, animators and well?... Pivot animations

Your animations need alot of improving and work put into it!

Your main problem is stiffness to fix it you must move each joint (red dot) per frame not one joint per frame or it will look like rubish

you havent applied easing
    easing is the speed of the joint movement

for example
    l = frame
    - = pixel

l-l--l---l----l-----l----l---l-l
    Flat Easing

l-l---l------l----------l------l---l-l
    Sigma Easing

l-l----l------l----------l------l----l---l--l-l
    Heavy Spacing

Fights = Heavy Spacing
    Tests like arm movement's = Sigma or flat
    camera pan's = Flat

easing gives the sort greatness to your animations like... start of slow and go faster

Part 3

Poses (more important than easing)

basically it's your stickman's stance which pose he's in you would want one like the default pivot 2.2.5 stickman you dont know what limbs (joints) to move and where you cant apply flow... easing properally any of that easily with a bad stance

you'd want for fighting

a normal fighting stance!!

well if you want to do your move that u want just make sure you have the right pose

Part 4

Flow... apply 3d to get smoothness into your animations it means to get the (red dot) to make a curve throughout your frames like a arrow curve but to make it must easier theres a secret way to figure this out... instead of making a curve on EACH joint try 3d i suggest downloading glass2k to make the create figure type thingy transparent and to be able to see what to move when applying 3d!

Part 5
    (FINAL)

physics.. ahh im too lazy just look in the tut section dont bother looking at 2005-2008

well thats alot covered up!!!!

also you need better stks navvvigatttee!!! to....
    BAMM!!!! this thread people post bases here for people to download...
    viewtopic.php?f=19&t=24090&start=2400

see you next time and i hope you get better xd

oh yeah!! foot placement dont leave that out

since this is getting to long here is obliv's tut on poses and foot placement here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA2vDhBwnxk
    PACHAW!!!!

~
    Modern

Old Newbie

I apologize sir, but I have used easing in the animation, as I have my own style of easing. However, I know not all of the animation is eased but if you take a look at the fourth scene with the two characters, they have been eased along with the corpses.

The rest of your comment however is perfectly brilliant, and thank you very much for taking the time to write out so much, along with different kinds of easing and how to be smoother than I am now.

Once again, thank you!<3

Re: Squeezy's Animations! [RANK] UPDATED!

Sorry sir I didnt realise you applied easing

but nowadays that easing would be a pile of rubish

but your new animation...

HOW MUCH HAVE I CHANGED YOU!!!

from complete noob to normal noob

you have got smoothness and poses covered up = good

but physics is wrong when the dude fell to the ground with blood there would be a small bounce to the fall depending on the weight of the stickman... theres no effect to falling which is something to improve on
    also post your animations to this hosting site not imageshack without stupid ads www.truploader.com or www.minus.com tru is better then when you get the link it and it should turn out like this and guests can also view

im too lazy to put one up but anyway just do what i say and u'd be perfect

your foot placement is much better

and i would rank you.... well ive seen much better begginers....

look at darren's tutorial to improve your low beg for now

Re: Squeezy's Animations! [RANK] UPDATED!

low-med beg

at least you know how to make some of the moves and you have nice ideas for animations.

1. Easing. You need more of this
    2. Smooth. You also need more of this
    3. Flow.
    4. Tests. They'll help you improve your moves and animation skills.

and, as moderndwalfare said, darren's tutorial.

Old Newbie

Re: Squeezy's Animations! [RANK] UPDATED!2

Thank you! I've read and re-read Darren's beginner tutorial and I think I've improved; you should take a look at my latest animation; "Summon the Hat"!

dont just make a whole animation and post it

get rid of these animations! you need more easing... flow... and your animation is stiff the top hat wizard one whatever it is

what we mean for you to do is to apply flow,easing and good foot placement in one test animation like

a test...

like you wanted a punch do a stickman punching the air... then use the test's method in a whole animation like you done a run test and then it turned out perfect in ur original animation

your main things to work on is easing remember l-l the - means move each red dots one JUST ONE pixel and l--l for example move two pixels and you get what it means in my previous comments there shows easing methods

use this easing in your animations... also your poses are terrible browse through oblivionfall's tutorials goto tut section on darkdemon and search for oblivionfall's tut it explains eeeverything!!!!

its just your not combining easing flow foot placement poses and physics into one

your low beg probs

Old Newbie

I think there may be something wrong with your computer; on all the piv files there is definite easing! I can upload the .piv files later and you can take a look for yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast