Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Fresh Newbie

Noahz0r's animation thread [Please CC]

Tests

[spoiler:263lobxu]This is the first thing I made after 5 years away from Pivot. The "jump" is supposed to be a gravity glitch.

Kick test

[/spoiler:263lobxu]

Re: Noahz0r's animation thread [Please CC]

Have some mistakes. as easing, shakiness, foot and others. keep practicing. Low Beg

Fresh Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Martin_Uzumaki
    Have some mistakes. as easing, shakiness, foot and others. keep practicing. Low Beg
    You have like 3 posts, bro. The first one, I can see the mistakes, but the kick test is fine, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Noahz0r
    You have like 3 posts, bro. The first one, I can see the mistakes, but the kick test is fine, lol.
    Come on man try not to be so conceited, the kick test wasn't flawless by any means. You have some work to do on the basics, and probably the first thing you should start practicing is poses. Try visiting this tutorial. I'll check back later when you have some more animations, but for now I'll say you are indeed low beginner for now.

Work hard, and you'll go far man, good luck.

Well I think that you should look at the tutorial Kellawgs mentioned but I dont think you should look at all the stuff in it just yet.Momentum and all that....you should wait until you get the real basic stuff down which are.

Stiffness: This is when a certain body part in a stickfigure doesnt move for a few frames.This right here is a very basic problem that can be overcome by simply moving every joint in every frame so that it does not look like its staying in the same place and it looks better.Sometimes stiffness is ok, but that is in certain situations.For example if you are making a realistic run, the stick's back shouldnt really bend or move much for that matter so keeping the back stiff is alright in that sort of scenario.

Spacing: This is when you move the stick figure in a certain way.For example when you are making a stick figure walk, your first instinct is to make him start slow and start to pick up speed.That is the basic format of spacing more or less.

The basic spacing follows a pattern like this:
    /-/--/---/-----/---/--/-/ / = the frame -= the number of pixels in which the joint is moved.

There are different styles of spacing in which people use in their animations.A good example of that is "Heavy Spacing."
    Heavy spacing is when you space the first few frames normally and then space it by a lot to give it that "heavy" feeling.This style of spacing is mainly used in DBZ animations.Many animators do this, but this style of spacing is not to be used all the time.In other animations like a base fight, heavy spacing should only be used in the attacks and nothing else.Heavy Spacing more or less follows this pattern:
    /-/---/-------/----/--/-/

Certain people also have an animating style in which they use the exact same spacing for the entire animation.This is called "Static Spacing".This type of spacing is mainly used in realism animations, which are animations in which you make realistic or close to realistic movements.When the term "realism animations" is heard, some people may think of Crono and some others because of how they use this spacing technique.This type of spacing is good for keeping the momentum going when the stick is moving.

This right here you should follow more or less to improve...I recommend this because momentum is something that can be really simple to understand if you get your spacing down.

~Credits to YongWalRang for the Signature <3~

My Youtube

DDC12 Preview

Nobody commenting on your thread? Feel free to PM me for some CC.
    Thanks Sharpshooter for VIP <3
    Thanks Firo for MyFiles <3

Fresh Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Kellawgs
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahz0r
    Come on man try not to be so conceited, the kick test wasn't flawless by any means. You have some work to do on the basics, and probably the first thing you should start practicing is poses. Try visiting this tutorial. I'll check back later when you have some more animations, but for now I'll say you are indeed low beginner for now.

Work hard, and you'll go far man, good luck.
    I never said it was flawless, and I'm sorry if I came off as conceited. I'll look at that tutorial, and do some stuff. Thanks for the feedback.