Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holy fuck!

Holy fuck!

Uhhhyup.

Spoiler:

Combo
    [url=http://www.shuniu.info/s/wtfteam/u/f/1374957573.gif]Parkour[/img]
    [url=http://www.shuniu.info/s/wtfteam/u/f/1374450370.gif]Kick[/img]
    Last edited by HAI12311; 28 Jul 2013 at 01:08 PM.

Banned

Re: I make another thread yet again.

Newest
    The newest animation is pretty good.

It starts off really nicely actually. The spacing (movement between frames) is nice in it. The flip and backward somersault was done well. I liked the blood effect, although the movement could have probably been a little better here. He slowed down quite a bit before jumping and flipping and kicking the default stickman. It would have been better to continue the momentum here by not slowing it down. The kick was all right but probably could have kicked out more when kicking the head off.

The blood started off really good, but then it disappeared which was a bit disappointing. The strand of blood on the right started an up direction, but then on the last frames it picked up more speed upwards, which didn't make sense. Gravity will pull down on effects, so it should have slowed going up, and then started coming down. The colour you chose for the blood was nice and the direction it started with was great.

There's not much to say about the fire effect at the end. It probably could have lasted on the screen longer at the end. It was a bit too fast and you could have animated particles coming off of it.

Other than those couple of things, the movements at the start are fantastic. Really good job as they were pretty complicated but you spaced them well so they had that sense of momentum.

Sonic Animation
    This one is pretty cool. Sonic animations are rare these days. The running could be improved a little. The legs were sort of stop and go and could have had a more consistent spacing. For example, instead of slowing the legs down, they stay at the same speed continually.

The part with the loop was cool. You could have made the camera follow Sonic around the loop though instead of staying static the way it did. The spring was a nice add to the animation but could have probably had a nice little bounce effect, like stars coming off of it.

The landing afterwards was okay, but Sonic didn't really bend his legs much. They would have bent much more and the origin (orange dot) would have eased down to show absorption in the landing. You could apply an arcing method here where you sort of curve down in the landing and around into the run.

The part after it was very nice. I liked the grind rail effects and the rings afterwards.

Sword Combo
    Started off amazingly well. I liked the flash effects you used.

The next scene was complicated and I liked that you tried something hard. However, when he runs on screen there needs to be more frames. It looks like you rushed this part and it doesn't show much movement. The 3D is really good. I like that you put in some effort on the 3D sword and stickman. It was nice, but the movement could have been done better. Instead of his arm being in front, it could be straight out behind him, showing that he's anticipating about to swing the sword forward. The spin and roll afterwards were nice.

The next scene was pretty good. However, when he did the turn spin, he didn't ease much in his landing pose. He sort of just stopped suddenly, but the spacing after that was very good. Make sure to ease the parts that need it and add plenty of frames in movements.

Overall
    Work on easing a little more, which is the speeding down and slowing up of a movement. Movements that generally need this are attacks to show power, or anything to show slowing down in momentum, like a car for example. Make sure you also use plenty of frames to demonstrate movement otherwise it can appear choppy. Your animations are nice at points. The effects in the top animation is a brave attempt and I liked the other 2 animations quite a bit. Keep at it and you'll really improve! I can tell you'll get heaps better and I look forward to more!

Aww, thanks Jojishi.
    Major people like you usually don't comment on my thread, so yeah.
    I'll try to keep the consistency but for now, I'm gonna do a bunch of combo tests
    since I'm not very creative with that.

Neo

Ur quite good but you need to give creditz to oblivionfall (nice try, I've seen thode sticks)
    No SRSLY u need to give credits

|Pivot|YouTube|Easytoon|Flash|Animation Blog|Want some CC?

Ranks
    Spoiler:
    Intermediate: 11th November 2012

Riight.

Quote Originally Posted by Neoflashtv
    Ur quite good but you need to give creditz to oblivionfall (nice try, I've seen thode sticks)
    Before telling somebody what to do I highly suggest you use proper English, as "text" language, or short hand is against the rules.

You are a really good animator, I'll judge everything up to the fire part, because that is just a guy with his hand out using a premade fire effect, but its all good.

All I can really say is work on flow. You seem to have almost everything down, you got the momentum pretty spot on and you have some really nice movements as well as a good style. Just try and get that animation flowing. Imagine talking to somebody and every three words you said the following word really slowly, it would be weird right? If you have to edit a whole movement just to fix it, then do it, your animation will look a whole lot nicer.
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

Update. Fixed errors people stated.

Your movements are pleasant to the eyes. Can't say much about that really.
    You seem to know what you're doing, just animating is what will make you improve now

Quote Originally Posted by Neoflashtv
    You don't have to give credits, I for one, never do. But I don't demand credits for my sticks either. Just do what you're comfortable with.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010

666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012

Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

Haha, thanks. Can I ask if I'm high beginner already...?

Quote Originally Posted by HAI12311
    Haha, thanks. Can I ask if I'm high beginner already...?
    I'd say your pretty close to High Beginner, yeah. Your movements are pretty decent, but I think you need to complete all your effects, like others have said.

Just don't get lazy and you'll be intermediate in no time.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast