Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Rank me please!

Old Newbie

Rank me please!

New crap:

Hello, here's my masterpiece (UPDATED VERSION):

Watch it and some of my others noobie animations on youtube ( ORIGINAL VERSION):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhNWc...ature=youtu.be
    I WILL UPDATE IT FOR SURE SOON, SO KEEP YOUR EYE ON THIS THREAD!
    Commnet please, thanks.

Re: Masterpiece animation of Tripple-T

That's really cool, the full body's really well made, although the movements aren't exactly great, I'd still say you did a very well job. Did you make this with Pivot?

Quote Originally Posted by TRINHTUANTUNG
    I made this with colorful figures and some dust, smoke effects. I hope this will raise my RANK. Iam very very sad at the moment.
    I'm sorry to hear that you're sad. All I can say to you is, keep your chin up and raise your head up high! Don't let life get you down.

I would say you're around the Low-Meg Beginner rank, because your animation lacked fluidity. The stickman and the obstacles were very stiff throughout the whole animation. You will need to work on spacing and easing, for the main part. You seem to do a good job on realism so I donít think youíll need to focus on that as much. For help on easing and spacing, I would suggest looking at tutorials. (If baha still has his tutorial on here, go look at that. It helped me a lot when I started pivot)

I would also suggest using a plain stickman. Itís nice to use basic sticks before you used the glitters and sparkles, once you have mastered the basics, and then you should try using backgrounds, advanced effects and such. Start off easy and work your way up! I hope I've helped.

Courtesy? (That means you comment on my thread, look below this comment to see my animation. Click on the link below that and comment on my animations please).

Steam

All aboard the Kill la Kill hype train!

Old Newbie

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.
    I did make this with pivot 3.1 beta, it took me around 5 hours. I know tutorials are important but iam just too lazy to have a look at them. Ill consider it, thanks.
    Also i will update this animation much longer soon, real soon... with fixed movements ofcourse.
    IAM STILL TERRIBLY SAD.

Puddin

i really enjoyed your animation that was like inspiration for me thanks effects were awesome for you rank keep it up i like it

Old Newbie

Thank you very much ECCO-SM. I have updated my masterpiece of sh*t. Watch it then spit on it!

Banned

Man, that animation was brilliant! Really great use of a full-body! Throughout the animation, there was some amazing ideas used and I loved the movements you attempted.

The spacing of the movements could use a little work though. Spacing is the movement in the present frame (the one you are working with) from the previous frame. You can see the previous frame from the grey after image (otherwise known as the "onion skin"). You can improve on the spacing by making sure that is consistent with the previous frames. I.e. It doesn't get big one frame, small the next, big the next, etc. Make any change in speed gradual over a series of frames.

It might benefit you to look at this tutorial by Darren: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=22662

It covers spacing in it.

Your animation is very great though. I can tell you put a lot of effort and creativity into it, which is great because even some Intermediates can't do this. You have a lot of potential so keep at it man.

Old Newbie

Wow! You boosted me up to a Greater height, Jojishi. Thanks for your honestly comment. Iam truly grateful.

Re: Rank me please!

Hey! I noticed you've been quite an **shole in your comments on other people's threads. By **shole I mean hating almost every beginner's animations and not giving him tips how to improve and telling him he could do better. That's called trolling. If you don't want to get banned from the site or at least get a warning, stop doing this, ok?

Anyways, you've got potential and creativity! I like that? But, sadly, you've got some problems in your animations. First, the Easing test - I see you understand easing, that's good. But, fo course, there are other thing you need to fix. One of them is stiffness. stiffness means some (or all) of the joints (the little red circles ) staying the same at each frame. Here's a way of fixing it - move every single joint of the stickfigure in each frame.
    The second problem I saw in the animation is the footplacement. Footplacement means the position of the feet of the stickman in each frame. In that animation, the footplacement is bad. That means the foot is not in the same position, when the stick is not walking, running, etc. To fix that, try to ceep the feet of the stick in the same position as the last frame of the animation (Onion skin is your friend).

The masterpiece animation - That one was better than the test. I like the idea. But I think you shouldn't start animating with a fullbody stickfigure ( A fullbody stickfigure means A stickfigure that's made of different sticks, coloured dfferently). I suggest you first learn the other basics.
    By the way, you need to make your animations realistic. I think it's pretty self-explainable. Of course, making animations realistic is not neccesary. It will make your animations better, but it's not needed.
    Another thing I saw is that your spacing is bad. Jojishi already told you about it.

Overall, I rate you Low-Med beginner. Keep making animations! Good luck on improving!
    [center:3tiy03vt]My animation thread[/center:3tiy03vt]
    [center:3tiy03vt]------------------------------------------------[/center:3tiy03vt]

Banned

Re: Rank me please!

Quote Originally Posted by assassin1203
    Hey! I noticed you've been quite an **shole in your comments on other people's threads. By **shole I mean hating almost every beginner's animations and not giving him tips how to improve and telling him he could do better. That's called trolling. If you don't want to get banned from the site or at least get a warning, stop doing this, ok?

Anyways, you've got potential and creativity! I like that? But, sadly, you've got some problems in your animations. First, the Easing test - I see you understand easing, that's good. But, fo course, there are other thing you need to fix. One of them is stiffness. stiffness means some (or all) of the joints (the little red circles ) staying the same at each frame. Here's a way of fixing it - move every single joint of the stickfigure in each frame.
    The second problem I saw in the animation is the footplacement. Footplacement means the position of the feet of the stickman in each frame. In that animation, the footplacement is bad. That means the foot is not in the same position, when the stick is not walking, running, etc. To fix that, try to ceep the feet of the stick in the same position as the last frame of the animation (Onion skin is your friend).

The masterpiece animation - That one was better than the test. I like the idea. But I think you shouldn't start animating with a fullbody stickfigure ( A fullbody stickfigure means A stickfigure that's made of different sticks, coloured dfferently). I suggest you first learn the other basics.
    By the way, you need to make your animations realistic. I think it's pretty self-explainable. Of course, making animations realistic is not neccesary. It will make your animations better, but it's not needed.
    Another thing I saw is that your spacing is bad. Jojishi already told you about it.

Overall, I rate you Low-Med beginner. Keep making animations! Good luck on improving!
    Don't post in threads that haven't been posted in for over a week.