Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: click what I am.

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • starting beginner

2 66.67%
  • medium beginner

1 33.33%
  • advanced beginner

0 0%
    Fresh Newbie

TheRagingStick's thread..MY ANIMATION

Hi so this is my first animation in a long time i havnt been on in a long time. And the guy hes punching is supposed to be like a ragdoll/dummy. Tell me what i should improve on! thanks(:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: TheRagingStick's thread..MY ANIMATION

It's good considering itís your first animation in a long time! Good Job.
    As too things you could improve on, there are quite a few.

Foot placement: I couldn't spot any major flaws in foot placement; however, the feet were a little bit shaky for the stickman who is punching the dummy.

Easing: I though the animation was quite stiff, mainly in the dummy's movements. On the third reaction, I couldn't manage to spot any easing what-so-ever. I suggest looking through DD to find some tutorials on easing. I'm not very good at explaining things so I'll be lazy.

Poses: There was on pose in particular that bugged me, and that was during the stickman's third punch. I thought the movement for the hop/jump was weird mainly because the legs were so close together, you could spread them out a bit, and the stickman's back seems to be hunched quite a lot after the recovery from the punch. (If that even makes sense)

Overall, I would suggest looking at tutorials on DD and ask other animators for tips and pointers. You've got potential man. I hope I've helped.
    Courtesy? (That means comment on my thread and give my criticism on my animations, you can access my thread by clicking on my animation below this comment)

Steam

All aboard the Kill la Kill hype train!

Re: TheRagingStick's thread..MY ANIMATION

hey buddy...mabey make the foot movement slower. he steps too fast. remember you can punch 2 even 2000 times before actaually needing to step.