Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PivaNinja's Thread

[center:3qsydeuu][/center:3qsydeuu]

[center:3qsydeuu]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center:3qsydeuu]
    [center:3qsydeuu]Current Rank: Beginner[/center:3qsydeuu]
    [center:3qsydeuu]Legal Name: Chris[/center:3qsydeuu]
    [center:3qsydeuu]Age: 15[/center:3qsydeuu]
    [center:3qsydeuu]Interests: Animating/Rap and Alternitave/Football and Wrestling[/center:3qsydeuu]
    [center:3qsydeuu]Location: Seattle Washington[/center:3qsydeuu]
    [center:3qsydeuu]Other: [/center:3qsydeuu]
    [center:3qsydeuu]I lack time nowadays so I am limited on animating time...however when I do animate I try my best and see improvement all the time. I wont be posting all my animations here, but I will definitely get the best ones posted. Thanks for the drop in![/center:3qsydeuu]
    [center:3qsydeuu]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/center:3qsydeuu]
    [center:3qsydeuu]Animations[/center:3qsydeuu]
    [center:3qsydeuu] Comments and Criticism Appreciated [/center:3qsydeuu]

[center:3qsydeuu]Newest[/center:3qsydeuu]
    [center:3qsydeuu][/center:3qsydeuu]
    [center:3qsydeuu]Bicycle Kick[/center:3qsydeuu]
    [center:3qsydeuu]Credz: Sir Wojak[/center:3qsydeuu]

[center:3qsydeuu]Doc Ock: http://i.imgur.com/NAgeP.gif[/center:3qsydeuu]
    [center:3qsydeuu]Hammer Smash: http://i.imgur.com/LUz1U.gif[/center:3qsydeuu]
    [center:3qsydeuu]Smoke Grenade: http://i.imgur.com/75InQ.gif[/center:3qsydeuu]
    [center:3qsydeuu]Sword Test: http://i.imgur.com/98Bhk.gif[/center:3qsydeuu]
    "A True Ninja Warrior"
    My Thread: http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90267

Old Newbie

Re: PivaNinja's Thread

i like those tentacle..
    but it still seen stiff

Yeah I have to agree, the body seems stiff...
    Thanks for the Critz though!
    "A True Ninja Warrior"

Tentacles look really cool, but the movements are stick are stiff
    Good job man
    Courtesy ?

Sory for my English ((

Ok your animations seem pretty ok but you really have issues with your spacing and stiffness there buddy.

Sword test:
    This animation had some pretty smooth movements but they seemed weak though.The part where he just plays with the sword in the beginning was nice but the body should have moved a little bit so that it wouldnt look too stiff.Now when he raises the sword up, his back leg comes in and stops.First of all his leg should be going forward unless he was going to take a step.The way his leg was made him look too off balanced.What you could have done is either make him lean back and bend the back leg a bit, or make him take a step forward.Now the slash itself also seemed weak because of how he barely moved with it.Make him bend a little more to show effort in the slash.Another reason why it looked weak was because of the poor spacing there.You could have spaced it a bit heavier so that it looks more powerful.Just work on the spacing there man.

Hammer Smash:
    This one had better spacing than the sword test one.One issue though is that sometimes you didnt space it properly at times ad it looked choppy.The bend he did at the beginning was a little choppy and you shouldnt have just made him stop like that.Maybe make some small movements to help build up for the jump.Now when he swung the hammer, his legs seemed to move around quite a bit unnecessarily and this just made the animation look weird.It also looked choppy as well.Now the hammer swing looked powerful but the stick's body didnt really go with it.Again make the guy bend more so that the hit looks more powerful and there is more effort into the swing.Now this is just opinion but I found you could have made the ground break after that second swing there.Stiffness was also a major issue throughout the animation.Try moving the joints of the stick more so that they seem more fluid when moving.

Doc Ock:
    This animation was really nice man.There isnt much to comment on here but from what I can see, I can say this.The arm movements were pretty smooth but the tentacles themselves were not necessarily moving properly.When doing tentacle/tail movements, you want to make a trailing sort of effect.To make it simple, when you move the tentacle up or down you want to have it try and copy the onion skin.That way it seems to look fluid and it is nice to watch as well.

Overall I think your main issues are just spacing and stiffness.Medium Beginner for now, but just keep practicing.

~Credits to YongWalRang for the Signature <3~

My Youtube

DDC12 Preview

Nobody commenting on your thread? Feel free to PM me for some CC.
    Thanks Sharpshooter for VIP <3
    Thanks Firo for MyFiles <3

Mr. Grap Soda,

Im actually glad you left a huge comment. xD
    Thanks for telling me the stuff I need to work on as well. Im going to try to fix things up and get spacing correct and work out the stiffness. Thanks alot man. Courtz for you
    "A True Ninja Warrior"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Grape Soda

Doc Ock:
    This animation was really nice man.There isnt much to comment on here but from what I can see, I can say this.The arm movements were pretty smooth but the tentacles themselves were not necessarily moving properly.When doing tentacle/tail movements, you want to make a trailing sort of effect.To make it simple, when you move the tentacle up or down you want to have it try and copy the onion skin.That way it seems to look fluid and it is nice to watch as well.
    Yeah, I agree with Grape to a certain extent. When I watched your anim, the first flaw I noticed was the movement in the right arm in the beginning. Before the stickman touches the floor, I noticed the arm shake ever so slightly. (It took me a while to realise the left arm was stiff in the beginning as well, but the left arm was so obvious.) For the left arm, it is the lower part (Ulna) which is quite stiff. I would bend the lower left arm towards the left and gradually bring it towards the right as the stickman begins to walk.

For the right arm, I would so the same thing but in the opposite way. The right arm moves right, left, then right again. (Well, that's what it looks like.) What I would do is bend the lower part of the arm and bring it back ever so slightly, once the stickman is in the process of doing the first walk cycle, I would then bring it towards the right. It's just a slight easing problem so it's not a major concern.

After viewing this animation for the 100th time. I noticed one of the sockets for the tentacles was stiff. (The tentacle in the top right corner.) There isn't much movement towards the socket and looks stiff. You'll need to fix that as well. (If you want advice on how you could change that, just PM me)

You have a little problem with spacing but that's not a great deal, so I'll leave that out. You're a good animator and I look forward to seeing more animations from you. PM when you create a new anim, I would like to see it.

Courtesy, returned. I hope you're glad. This took a while. Lmao.

Steam

All aboard the Kill la Kill hype train!

Yeah now that you point it out its kind of an eye soar for me to look at xD
    But seriously, thanks for the advice though. Much appreciated constructive critism. Im still working on sitffness and easing in my animations so ill let you know when I get another one up. Thanks again
    "A True Ninja Warrior"

update
    "A True Ninja Warrior"

Old Newbie

i like that simple animation
    but you should learn about the physic..
    you can add the acceleration when it get down..

courtesy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast