Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Have i gotten better?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

4 36.36%
  • Fuck no

3 27.27%
  • Pancakes

0 0%
  • THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!! (Do not choose)

2 18.18%
  • Work on easing.

2 18.18%
    Where you are I am, besides, i got proxy!

My permanent beginners thread..UPDATE

I have deleted my old GIFS. As I want DD to see my improvements. I have worked on my walking and here's what came out of it. What do YOU think?

here is the link
    http://droidz.org/share/34561/1338236713.gif

Its alot smoother, and the walkings more realistic.
    But its still a little choppy.
    Thank god for DD's tutorials right?
    Don't rectify, signify. we shoot anyone who does the opposite.

Fresh Newbie

Re: My permanent beginners thread untill i reach intermediat

Ok, I'm only a beginner like you, but I can see that you need more flow with your movements, and need to look at easing, that is to say, the way that stuff speeds up at the start of a movement, and slows down at the end.NOw I'll constructively criticise each individual animation.

The gun firing:
    I can see that the yellow flash is a little bit off on his head and leg, and only his arms and the gun moves in the entire animation, if you don't count the muzzle flash and bullet case. BAsically, try to move the entire stick man when you animate stuff like this.
    Tutorial that might help: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14377

The second one (I can't really think of a title):
    The walk cycle is really off, the movements are really unrealistic, and the way he reacts to the knife through the brain is a little random. BUt better.

The third one:
    Again, take a look at the gun tutorial I linked to earlier for this one, but the mistakes in this are basically the same as the first two.

Sorry for the crazy block of text.
    Courtesy?
    You think that's a signature you're reading?
    [center:25e1dxxo]My Animations[/center:25e1dxxo]

Ok so youre new, 1st off to reach intermediate youre gonna want to have a basic idea of how movements are animated, take time to make tests of simple movements, like walking, running, jumping, shooting, etc. Take a look at some tutorials those are always life savers. Once you have that down try implementing the moves into longer animations with more of a plot. But the best advice of all would just be to keep animating, experimenting with new things, and don't let the rating system on this site get you down it takes a looong time to get moved up. Keep at it man!

Neo

Ok, you are VERY stiff, VERY choppy, and your easing is absolutely disgusting...
    1. DO NOT SAY "these are pretty good" ok? They are not.
    2. Mentoring doesn't happen here anymore, i will get to that later,
    3. don't just post the image, post links.
    Now, i didn't want to be harsh there, but i despise people liking bad animations, for you, i could become your mentor nobody shun me for this i mean just look at the guys animations!
    I will pm you lessons and give you live lessons (maybe). But seriously, don't be a braggart. Don't worry, you will get there.

|Pivot|YouTube|Easytoon|Flash|Animation Blog|Want some CC?

Ranks
    Spoiler:
    Intermediate: 11th November 2012

Where you are I am, besides, i got proxy!

Quote Originally Posted by Neoflashtv
    Ok, you are VERY stiff, VERY choppy, and your easing is absolutely disgusting...
    1. DO NOT SAY "these are pretty good" ok? They are not.
    2. Mentoring doesn't happen here anymore, i will get to that later,
    3. don't just post the image, post links.
    Now, i didn't want to be harsh there, but i despise people liking bad animations, for you, i could become your mentor nobody shun me for this i mean just look at the guys animations!
    I will pm you lessons and give you live lessons (maybe). But seriously, don't be a braggart. Don't worry, you will get there.
    Thank you! I dunno if you can read my replies. I like you, mainly beacause you said the truth! But yet you stayed away from downing me completely!
    Please mentor me, hell, i'll even call you "Master Neo"
    Don't rectify, signify. we shoot anyone who does the opposite.

Neo

Re: My permanent beginners thread..UPDATE

WOWOWOWOWOWOWO the arms are incredibly stiff as well as the back. In movement, you need to move EVERY JOINT
    ok?
    You need a lot of work.

|Pivot|YouTube|Easytoon|Flash|Animation Blog|Want some CC?

Ranks
    Spoiler:
    Intermediate: 11th November 2012

What do I think? I'm thinking, he is half robot... Why didn't you move the upper body? You swing your arms whilst your walking and you move your back... Like, dafuq?

The walk is pretty bad imo.
    The placement in the legs are very stiff and bend in awkward positions, the feet are going through the floor and well, the upper body is as hard as a turd that has been frozen over and the stickman's origin gets higher as he walks. Make sure the stickman walks ON the line so that doesn't happen again. Sorry if you think I'm harsh.

You should keep all of your uploads on your thread, that way, you can see your progress over the months/years. It beats going from DD to your desktop or wherever you save them.

Keep practicing man, you'll get better.

Steam

All aboard the Kill la Kill hype train!

Okay, I didn't see your other animation, but this walk could definitely improve. I'm definitely not an expert but I will tell you some basic ways you could improve this animation by a whole lot. Firstly, take a look at Darren's tutorial and read it all. There is a part in there that tells you precisely how to make a great walk. This helped me a LOT.

Firstly, the upper body and arms didn't move and they should have, in time with the legs. Just imagine someone walking slowly, their arms would move basically in time with their legs, their head would move a little back and forth and the torso (upper body) would move just a tiny bit. Darren's tutorial will explain better .

The choppiness in the legs' movement was pretty bad, once again, Darren's tutorial will teach you how to do that exactly in each frame but in your walk, the legs just snap back and forth and makes it look unnatural and unrealistic, just keep practicing, look at different tutorials and you will get better!
    Courtesy?
    Just click on 'thread' in my signature below and comment on it.
    I'm 13 by the way

Courtesy?
    Thread

I see a lot of stiffness. Make sure you move every joint in the pivot body. The back looks untouched to me when your pivot stick is walking. Remember that you don't keep a stiff back while walking; you would probably move your back when walking. So try to be more realistic when it comes to pivot walking and movements.
    [center:k3an3y1l][/center:k3an3y1l]
    [center:k3an3y1l]Courtesy?
    http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=90640[/center:k3an3y1l]