Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Slashed - 28.01.2013

So hi. I've been making some animations since Pivot 4 Beta arrived. A few too many for just freestyle threads. That and there are projects in the works beyond my control.

I decided to start a fresh topic as the last one was put up 5 years ago! Keep that in mind when you see these, boys and girls

[center:2qh74uf7]New Animations:

[tn=700:2qh74uf7]http://darkdemon.org/user-files/152/1359405050.gif[/tn:2qh74uf7]
    Crash Test Dummies - 28.01.2013

[spoiler:2qh74uf7][img]http://**********.com/img/1358071469.gif[/img][/spoiler:2qh74uf7]
    Tehlolz - 13.01.2013

[spoiler:2qh74uf7][img]http://**********.com/img/1357240967.gif[/img][/spoiler:2qh74uf7]
    Power Test - 03.01.2013

[spoiler:2qh74uf7][img]http://**********.com/img/1357171694.gif[/img][/spoiler:2qh74uf7]
    Joint Colour Test - 02.01.2013

[spoiler:2qh74uf7][img]http://**********.com/img/1357155639.gif[/img][/spoiler:2qh74uf7]
    It Begins - 02.01.2013[/center:2qh74uf7]

Old Animations (2008>):

Epic Get?
    Krator Warm Up
    Midget lulz clip - Me and Crono.
    Cripple Dive!
    Kaboom!
    Wee!!
    Testy Thing!
    Badass or Bad?

Enjoy!

Re: Slashed

These are all wonderful animations.
    Some real comic mischief in your stuff. They're very entertaining and lively. I can see you making a dance animation. I just see it. It's nice to see you're coming 'round! I hope you can supply more great animations from now on.
    Good job!
    [center:2swpww2u]|New Thread|Old Thread|Youtube|[/center:2swpww2u]
    [center:2swpww2u]~ Don't bother clicking the thread links for now. My animations are stored in my old computer that is put away for a bit. ~[/center:2swpww2u]

Apart from the particles moving kinda randomly I enjoyed a lot the first one, the effect actually looked pretty much great

The Green Boss

Hey look it's an old fag..Sweet animations Slashed, I'm really looking forward to seeing more from you. I love an old school animator.

Nice to see you animating again, mate.

The biggest issue your effects have right now is the choppiness, you just add a lot of .STK's, enlarge them and add another frame, this isn't really the way I'd recommend doing it. Instead, you should try to make those frames flow into each other. Don't just enlarge those effects, instead try to expand them, make them grow. I recommend you just edit the whole figure each frame or try to make use of the handy re-size function Peter created (though I would go with the first option).

As for the movements, I think you should just practice those a lot. Try doing movements tests, etc. Do some combo's, parcour, gymnastics, fights. Just make sure you do those as tests, don't fill your entire thread up with 'em, simple movement tests aren't that appealing.

Keep it up.

Veteran Enthusiast

omg dem efektz r so gud. cn u mentr me in dem? haha lol onli if u hav time xD
    Courtz?

But your effects are fucking off the chain in those old ones. The purpley splodges look fucking sexual.

Thanks guys, new one up!
    Just testing out some movements then I got bored and made go boom boom :3

Quote Originally Posted by DaniŽl
    Nice to see you animating again, mate.

The biggest issue your effects have right now is the choppiness, you just add a lot of .STK's, enlarge them and add another frame, this isn't really the way I'd recommend doing it. Instead, you should try to make those frames flow into each other. Don't just enlarge those effects, instead try to expand them, make them grow. I recommend you just edit the whole figure each frame or try to make use of the handy re-size function Peter created (though I would go with the first option).

As for the movements, I think you should just practice those a lot. Try doing movements tests, etc. Do some combo's, parcour, gymnastics, fights. Just make sure you do those as tests, don't fill your entire thread up with 'em, simple movement tests aren't that appealing.

Keep it up.
    Thanks man! I've come to see that effect as pretty lame. It was mostly a test for a ultimate move I'm working on for a project!
    Movements have always been my downfall! Hoping this test helps a bit

Veteran Enthusiast

I know you're not making any of these very seriously, but I like them a lot I like the old-school essence in your animations, the stiff but nice looking movements and such. Also that base is sick, is it a coincidence that it's the exact same colour as my animation XD?

Anyway yeah that effect at the end was cool too. Yellow explosion ftw! Pm a staff member to get interz, I heard Slashed the administrator is good at ranking but idk, maybe his too big for you yet :/

First off, something unrelated, I recommend changing the topic title when you update, otherwise people might think they have already seen what's in this thread and won't take another look. Whereas a new thread title lets the lurkers see that you've updated, increasing the chance of them looking at your thread.
    Just advice though.

As for the animation, I really like how old-school it looked. I wouldn't say it's super impressive, but it's definitely an improvement since your last animation. The effects also look way better, it looks like you spend a lot more effort on them this time and even though I reckon you could even do them better, I like where you're going with this.

Right now, it seems like you've got to work on the nitpicky stuff like easing and physics. Also, I recommend just animating with actual stick figures as those are easier to do more advanced stuff with, like 3D. Which can be very useful with the new Pivot 4 as re-sizing limbs can really help you improve the flow of a movement.

As always, keep it up, I'm hoping you're going to continue doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium
    I know you're not making any of these very seriously, but I like them a lot I like the old-school essence in your animations, the stiff but nice looking movements and such. Also that base is sick, is it a coincidence that it's the exact same colour as my animation XD?

Anyway yeah that effect at the end was cool too. Yellow explosion ftw! Pm a staff member to get interz, I heard Slashed the administrator is good at ranking but idk, maybe his too big for you yet :/
    Thanks dude, I really don't mean to be old school or anything. I guess it's just so ingrained in me!
    That's no coincidence my friend Practise, eh!?
    Oh man, that guy? I heard he's a bit of a recluse. I should stay away from the scaries.

xD

First off, something unrelated, I recommend changing the topic title when you update, otherwise people might think they have already seen what's in this thread and won't take another look. Whereas a new thread title lets the lurkers see that you've updated, increasing the chance of them looking at your thread.
    Just advice though.
    Done! I'll use dates from now on

As for the animation, I really like how old-school it looked. I wouldn't say it's super impressive, but it's definitely an improvement since your last animation. The effects also look way better, it looks like you spend a lot more effort on them this time and even though I reckon you could even do them better, I like where you're going with this.
    I'm glad that I've improved, I was trying harder - although effects I think I was just being lazy before. Yes I could probably do better, too. I don't really feel like I need to show them off yet if just because of my mediocre movements. Effects have always been my bag, and for the upcoming project I'm hoping to show off something pretty intense haha.

Right now, it seems like you've got to work on the nitpicky stuff like easing and physics. Also, I recommend just animating with actual stick figures as those are easier to do more advanced stuff with, like 3D. Which can be very useful with the new Pivot 4 as re-sizing limbs can really help you improve the flow of a movement.
    Yeah, I understand what you mean there. Although I'm not entirely going for realism I still understand what you mean by physics. I'd like to mess around with normal sticks, but as I'll be using that guy in a fairly serious sense soon I feel like I should become practised enough to at least be able to use him correctly xD
    Although when it comes to ranks I shall certainly move onto more generic stick figures. Loving the new Pivot features and really looking forward to being able to edit sticks in-frame instead of making 6 for a single 3d kick!

Thanks dude

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast