Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fresh Newbie

Eeshton's Animations

Well, I'm from Droidz and anyone who knows about that knows it's pretty much dead except for some active community members, I think I'm actually going to get into Pivot so here's my first animation in about 5 years (I wouldn't count myself as having prior pivot experience really)

I'll have some more animations later but this was mainly a test to see if I have any talent to begin with, what do you guys think?

Re: Eeshton's Animations

Hey bro, i was from Droidz too and allow me to welcome you... to DARKDEMON, teh best Forum... in da world!!

now, back to your animation... it's okay, but you know... it could improve, i mean... who doesn't need to improve every now and then.. haha, just follow the number one rule.. try to move every joint in every frame as much as possible, even if it's minimal... but good animation really.. i mean 5 years, that's a long time... don't get lazy bro, keep animating

oh, again, welcome to DarkDemon

i've got a thread too, check me out and commenting is always a plus
    After you check out my Thread...

Fresh Newbie

Thanks for the comment, I'll return courtesy, this is a question for really anyone to answer, the advice is to move every joint in every frame. when i do this it ends up looking shaky.

Fresh Newbie

just trying out some smoothing, god im not good at this

Well, you're obviously still a bit of a newcomer when it comes to Pivot. I recommend you the most basic advice I can give you; move every joint, every frame. Right now it looks weird how his full upper body is moving, yet his legs keep standing still. This gives an unappealing sight. The whole body has to participate in each movement, this way it looks more realistic and more dynamic.

Another tip I'll give you is not to add those random endings, it's not very funny and makes you look like you're unable to keep your focus.

Zax

I'm with Daniel on this one. The main thing you need to work on is moving every joint every frame, the figures look really stiff. Also I'd advise you to lower your frames per second to something like 18. 26 fps is hard to animate with, especially when you are new to the program.

Courtz returned.
    I'm Back

Fresh Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by DaniŽl
    Well, you're obviously still a bit of a newcomer when it comes to Pivot. I recommend you the most basic advice I can give you; move every joint, every frame. Right now it looks weird how his full upper body is moving, yet his legs keep standing still. This gives an unappealing sight. The whole body has to participate in each movement, this way it looks more realistic and more dynamic.

Another tip I'll give you is not to add those random endings, it's not very funny and makes you look like you're unable to keep your focus.
    The entire animation was smoothing practice, I wasn't doing anything in a realistic manner, just trying to practice smoothing. The ending was due to me accidentally moving the stick figure and then Pivot glitching out when I tried to delete the last frame. Just though I'd go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zax
    I'm with Daniel on this one. The main thing you need to work on is moving every joint every frame, the figures look really stiff. Also I'd advise you to lower your frames per second to something like 18. 26 fps is hard to animate with, especially when you are new to the program.

Courtz returned.
    Hmm. I put it on 26 due to just going off what looked best with my animations, but I'll try animating with 18 FPS now. Also, I do try to move every frame per second but I find it somewhat difficult when you can't go back frames and edit one thing and the rest of the animation is effected. I guess this allows for some dynamics in things, but it just adds another 30 minutes to any animation I do.

Zax

Quote Originally Posted by Eeshton
    Hmm. I put it on 26 due to just going off what looked best with my animations, but I'll try animating with 18 FPS now. Also, I do try to move every frame per second but I find it somewhat difficult when you can't go back frames and edit one thing and the rest of the animation is effected. I guess this allows for some dynamics in things, but it just adds another 30 minutes to any animation I do.
    What're you talking about? You can just edit one thing... select the frame, edit it, and then click next frame to save your edit.

Also just move every joint every frame in the first place to save yourself some trouble. :P And animating takes patience.
    I'm Back

Fresh Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Eeshton
    What're you talking about? You can just edit one thing... select the frame, edit it, and then click next frame to save your edit.

Also just move every joint every frame in the first place to save yourself some trouble. :P And animating takes patience.
    As in if I move a limb in one frame like 20 frames back, none of the other 19 frames will be affected, meaning I have to change every single frame and it ends up being shaky.

Zax

Not saying you have to go back and edit every frame, just some advice for next time.
    I'm Back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast