Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Syrius' Thread

Syrius' Thread

[center:39q4xa1f]Syrius' Pivotingss
    Hai, imma flash animator getting into pivot, here's my flash thread if you wanna check it out ~ link

And here are my works with pivot;

Latest;
    http://www.filz.us/kzv
    I used pivot for the stick, then imported the .gif into flash and made the blood and knife.

[spoiler:39q4xa1f]Old shits
    Movement
    I found out I could double frame in pivot, made my day ~
    Broken floor
    Testing with easing and such
    Portal
    Yeahp, inspired by the game
    Run
    One of my first pivs[/spoiler:39q4xa1f][/center:39q4xa1f]

Neo

Re: Syrius' Thread

Woah it was you?
    I think that animation was fabulous! the power of the punches was just immense! I also think that you applied the double framing very subtly, so nice job on that. that was syriusly amazing! (see what I did there) I would say you're ready for intermediate if you just make more of this.

|Pivot|YouTube|Easytoon|Flash|Animation Blog|Want some CC?

Ranks
    Spoiler:
    Intermediate: 11th November 2012

Flume

I love these styles carried over into pivot, they are just refreshing and much more enjoyable to watch than your average pivot animator around here. I reckon you could get intermediate fairly easily and quickly if you update a bit more. I'm also a fan of your flash work

No real complaints for your newest. The portal animation was looking sweet until he fell through the portal, the poses looked really awkward and didn't look much like an attack when he fell back down cause his body was kind of static. As for the run animation, it was animated quite well aside from the back locking into position about mid way through the run and the legs when he jump also lack a little movement but thats minor. Doing great man, looking forward to more

Veteran Enthusiast

Thats a pretty cool animation man Its nice having a flash animator on DD.

Btw which pivot program did you use? 2,3,or 4?

Thanks! Started using pivot 4 on the movement one, before that used pivot 2, also updated with a new anim, messing around with both programs, harhar

Hey man, fellow flash animator here. Comparatively, your flashes are on a whole different level than your pivots at the moment. Your flashes look incredibly smooth and fluid while your pivots are quite rigid and choppy. Something that Im sure you are used to just by the nature of Flash as a program (redrawing every frame as opposed to moving joints) is the ability to easily shorten limb segments in order to give foreshortening and just more fluid motions overall. In pivot this is slightly more difficult as by the nature of the program, we just want to move the figure using the pivot points at each joint, however, even if we have a pretty good knowledge of how a motion should look and what key poses you need to make this motion, you won't ever be able to hit those keys exactly as you would if you were drawing the figure from scratch.

So the necessary approach in pivot to make things look more fluid is to edit your .stk with the limb shortened/elongated as necessary to make the perfect key pose. Obviously its not necessary on every frame, but if you are able to notice which frames can be perfectly in 2 dimensions and which require a little 3d tweaking and start blending the two together it will make your pivots look as good as your flashes in no time. And I don't see figuring out which frames need this as a problem for you judging by your flash animations.

Hope this makes sense! Keep it up man, really enjoy your flashes and hope that you can make the transition into pivot pretty quickly.
    My Thread! Comment please!
    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94172