Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Fresh Newbie

Rullnicks Animation Thread

So yeah, hi there.
    Not gonna drag on alot, but i'm pretty new to this pivot animating thing, so i'm not very good at it :|

Bad splosion, i know. tried focusing on movement smoothness, sort of getting there, but still shakiness is an issue :[

So, hey again.
    Decided to have a look at a tutorial, and got this. probably shouldn't be experimenting with trails yet but i don't think it looks too bad. Just added it on there.
    Did the "coming down" after the kick completely from scratch without a reference, so that's why the arms still look a bit uneven going down.

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: Rullnicks Animation Thread

Hey man, I like your animations. Try and watch the shakiness though, see how they shake back and forth in some parts? The best way to stop this, is to watch the onion skin frame by frame. Here is what the onion skin is if you don't already know:
    [tn=700:2jrquiwq]http://i.imgur.com/ChYm8X9.gif[/tn:2jrquiwq]

The grey part is the onion skin, it shows you were you had the figure positioned in the last frame. If you work with this, you can make movements less shaky, and also it helps with easing a figure into the movement.

If you need any help, just ask and I'll help you get better at animating.

Hi! Again.
    As I said on P.A look up some tutorials and work on easing, and easing all your movements.
    The Tutorial section on here is fantastic!
    CLICKY!
    AnimationsGoogle|PA Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Win_Guy
    Energy doesn't obey the laws of physics

Fresh Newbie

New one: Kicking thing.

Are you supposed to post these as replies?

Flume

Quote Originally Posted by Rullnick
    New one: Kicking thing.

Are you supposed to post these as replies?
    When you update you should add the animation to your first post through the edit button and then also post a reply to let everyone else know you have a new animation up (you are allowed to bump your thread if you are updating). You can put the animation in the new post or simply say update, whichever you prefer, I post the animation when I update as well as editing it in to my first post.

As for the animation, this kick reminds me of one P2k animated ages back for his tutorial which is pretty cool. There are few things you should watch out for though. The main problem is the shakiness, in the back and the legs. Try keep the spacing clean and eased to fix that. The foot placement on the front foot could use some work when it gets planted after the kick, it slides around a bit which adds to the shakiness so try keep it planted firmly. The way he arches his back and brings his hands up to his face is a pretty odd thing to do for a kick if your shooting for realism, I'd use more appropriate poses for the movement but hey, don't let realism stop you from animating what you want. Keep it up man.

Junior Member ColeRainbowHammer123's Avatar

Hey, nice animation

A bit shaky and the poses are a little weird for a kick. But overall you are doing better just go to a tut on poses and you should be progres even more. Cya around
    [center:2rmj4aq8][/center:2rmj4aq8]
    [center:2rmj4aq8]PA Thread| DD Thread | Signature Shop[/center:2rmj4aq8]

Veteran Enthusiast Sharpshooter's Avatar

Hello. I like your animations, I can see some improvement from the first few to the latest animation. The top two sword animations are my favourite (I have a thing for sword animation ), some attacks looked sick, but I noticed you had trouble keeping the sword moving smoothly and with flow. Try to keep the sword moving along with the trails of the onion skin.

Your main problem is shakiness, keeping the stickman moving in a smooth line. Get into a habit of editing your movements, go back and try to spot the areas of shakiness and edit them out, patience is important for this too. To help you out I will tell you the main area of shakiness is around the origin point of the stickman (the orange dot area), focus your attention to that while you animate and edit.

Keep up the good work

Pretty sweet anims XD
    [center:2kvocuiu][/center:2kvocuiu]

Veteran Enthusiast

Plok watch those post dates. Rullnick PM a staff member to unlock this for you.

Locked.