Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Addzable's Animations

So far I have three animations, all tests. Please note, they're actually mean to be faster than that, but for some reason they slow down considerably after I save them as gifs, I have no idea why. Any help on this would be appreciated. I've already tried turning on and off all the "Tick boxes" I've set the frame delay to 5, I've set the screen shrink to 2 and still.. Nothing. (Pivot 2.5, I believe)

First off, learning easing with a ball.

Learning run loop with my custom stick.

I really appreciate critique guys, whether you're experienced or a fellow noob. I don't mind if you're friendly or blunt with your critique, as long as you give it. I'm old enough to understand the difference between trolling and harsh criticism.

The Green Boss

Re: Addzable's Animations

Hey man welcome to DD, first off it's nice to know that you are willing to improve and to practice with Pivot. The correct way to save gifs is shown here.
    Anyway, it's looking pretty good so far I'll come back and give you some advice once you sort out the gif saving.

Alrighty, I couldn't figure out how to export it 'em properly, even after downloading version 4 and reading that guide you linked. However!! I found a way around my predicament. I figured out around what speed pivot 4 saves the gifs at, and just set it at the same speed in pivot itself, then I just worked on the 2 animations I already had, removing frames where needed. From what I can see, they look the same as they did at the speed I had been using when making the origional animations. I figure I can just use this method from now on, to get the speed I need.

The Green Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Addzable
    Alrighty, I couldn't figure out how to export it 'em properly, even after downloading version 4 and reading that guide you linked. However!! I found a way around my predicament. I figured out around what speed pivot 4 saves the gifs at, and just set it at the same speed in pivot itself, then I just worked on the 2 animations I already had, removing frames where needed. From what I can see, they look the same as they did at the speed I had been using when making the origional animations. I figure I can just use this method from now on, to get the speed I need.
    Alright cool man, and yeah the exportation settings are a bit different on pivot 4. So I guess that tutorial should now be updated. Anyway man, save your animations the right way and edit them into the front page.

I actually did before you replied, though I think the page hadn't updated yet . Anyways, it is now. I had to do away with the walking animation because I don't have the .piv anymore.. Oh well.

Sorry for the double post, but, I have a new animation ready.

Short, short walk, then a jump. That's it.

Sorry for the double post, but, I have a new animation ready.

Short, short walk, then a jump. That's it.
    Not bad, but the takeoff for the backflip or whatever is sort of slow. Also, watch that foot placement, or in the jump off the ledge animation, hand placement I guess. His hand doesn't touch after the flip when he's in the hand stand. Your easing I can't criticize much, because it almost looks overdone to me. . .But I think that might just be the way you're saving them as gifs as you discussed with another.

The running loop seems pretty choppy though. His legs don't appear to switch, or rather. Not realistically. That might just be me, but it almost looks like you brought them together, and made the same limbs come back out as before. All in all, low-medium beginner. Work on foot positioning, flow, and edit out some of the choppiness in that run. If you do that, being about the same rank myself, I'd consider your medium beginner for sure.
    Courtesy?
    [spoiler:13fug3h6]http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93066[/spoiler:13fug3h6]

Before I do anything more I really need to figure out this .gif thing. I've done everything that is says in the .gif saving threads, yet the .gif ALWAYS stays at the same fps. I can increase or decrease the speed in pivot, I can change the super sample, I can turn on or off crop, any of that, yet the fps in the .gif stays EXACTLY the same, at that damn slow speed. .

Old Newbie

First off, learning easing with a ball.
    Yes, easing is a good way to start, but doing it with a ball is easy, once you get into doing it with a whole body, then it gets tough, I can already tell with the walk, then jump animation you had, that you got the easing down in most of the body, all I can say is to practice your easing, and to not have a stiff body.
    Do you mind giving my some advice as well? I should be at the top

So I figured out a way to sort my problem out. I open the .gifs in photoshop and edit the fps there. This is how it SHOULD look. Also editted the animation slightly. Thanks for the help so far guys! You will (hopefully) see an improvement in my animations from here on out!