Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Radon - Lousy beginner's thread C:

Well hello there, demons.
    My name is visible next to my posts so this sentence is pointless.
    Anyway, as you can see I'm a Beginner, and I'm fairly new to Pivot. (Which is the same)
    I've spent some time on learning the basics, but basics are 15% of what's waiting for you on The Pivot Journey.
    Oh? What's that?! You wanted to see my animations?! Well great news everybody! Scrolly scrolly down and check out my short beginner animations!
    [imagine a spoiler]

About to punch!

(practicing walking)

That's it for now. I will be updating ASAP!
    Thank you.

The Green Boss

Re: Radon - Lousy beginner's thread C:

Hey Radon it's .Juke from SP. Your animations are actually pretty good for a beginner. Normally the spacing would be screwed and very shaky but yours looks pretty clean. For the walk it doesn't really look like the arms crossover so I would add an extra frame in between to make it look like they do. The biggest problem you have at the moment would be stiffness and poses. You will learn better and cooler looking poses as you get on because that element of animation basically comes naturally with experience. Another flaw I can see is that your animations are quite stiff. So try and move every sing joint/limb in every single frame. Keep it up man I'll be visiting your thread more looking for updates

Bump. Animation update!

Old Newbie

Hey there! Your animations are quite smooth, but, you seem to not move some of your back joints, such as in the run loop, the bottom back joint stays still, all your animations are great, but its just that back that stays stiff.
    Mind giving me some advice as well?

Thanks, man! I'll visit your thread soon!

Fanatic Enthusiast

I'm vagiC on StickPage, welcome to Darkdemon!
    You'll porbably find this is the best place to post pivot animations, as it's a pivot based community, you'll receive more comments and help from people.

These look pretty good, the walk specifically I like. Very fluent, and well eased. That being said, watch his foot positioning. I know you didn't have a ground, so that might have been a factor. But his back foot is shaky in the first step, and they vibrate slightly for another step here and there. Still, well done.

As Dracnor said, your lower backs are pretty stiff, look over your animations and focus on the lower back to pinpoint the problem more specifically.

I'll probably come back here and give much better CC within the next few days, i'm sort of rushing this as I have three projects I have to get started on. Don't feel the need to return courtesy, this wasn't that helpful.
    Courtesy?
    [spoiler:13fug3h6]http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93066[/spoiler:13fug3h6]

hehe... hello there.... hehehe

Dyson, I'll examine the shit out of my "lower back problem" and "use foot placement, idiot" problem.
    Well hello there Stickly, huehuehue C:

I thought i'd give some decent advice once in a while.
    1st animation:So in his mid walk his arms raise up quite unnaturally if it's a normal walk fix it by imitating the movement yourself,Stand up start walking and observe where your arms go then edit your animation.(I know it sounds ridiculous but I do it myself and it improved my animations a lot)And if he's about to punch and give the same advice try it yourself then observe.

2nd animation:I'd say this is pretty good only a few things wrong.
    The position of his arm in the back while running was a bit to close to his body.
    I'd give the same advice I gave you above.
    So basically your stick just floats in mid-air then starts moving his feet and arms,Try animating this with a floor then position your stick according to his foot placements.

3rd animation:I didn't get the "Finish him" part they didn't even start fighting not much to comment on really.

4th animation:I think this was lazily done,His legs are too separated I don't think anyone can slide while doing a split.Anyway just move his legs a bit closer then its all good try animating him while sliding too.

5th animation:This is quite nice a decent walk.
    His arms are a bit stiff it looks like he's forcing his arm to move up,try moving the 2nd joint of his arm a bit more and I assume your stick has a hand try animating that according to the arm's position.
    [center:1i9l9lk1][/center:1i9l9lk1]
    [center:1i9l9lk1]|Thread|[/center:1i9l9lk1]