Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Fresh Newbie

Elitist Bob's awesome animations

Hello, people. This thread will be where I'll post my animations, so feel free to criticize them if you like. Actually, please do

Animation number 1: Stickman does the hadouken
    http://imgur.com/HqUFSAR

Animation number 2: Uppercaut + triple kick
    http://imgur.com/GuOvCUs

I'll be posting more later.

Old Newbie

Re: Elitist Bob's awesome animations

That hadouken fade out effect was unnecessary, know when to use a effects and when not to.
    For the uppercut+triple kick, the jump for the uppercut, and the flip of the wall, felt like they had no force in them, like you just had him fly. The kicks need more of a push aswell, it looked lously animated, anyway, I cant talk much, because im not that great myself, but I know whats wrong and what isnt.

Fresh Newbie

Was it unnecessary? I don't think so. I was just testing out some effects. The uppercaut+triple kick animation was my first animation..so yeah, I wasn't using some proper techniques. :P And it wasn't actually a wall flip...

Oh well, thanks for the insight anyways.

I wouldn't call it unnecessary at this point, he's new. He should experiment with effects right away, unlike me. I suck with effects because I never tried them untill recently. Anyway, as you might've guessed, still low beginner. But you definitely have potential. Remember, just because an animation isn't turning out how you want it, don't cancel the project, don't get frustrated. Just take a break, come back to it a few hours, or maybe even the next day. When you've been animating for extended periods of time, you get sloppy. No getting around that fact. By taking a break, you'll have a clearer head, and be able to notice your mistakes much better than if you kept animating straight through. Keep on animating!
    Courtesy?
    [spoiler:13fug3h6]http://darkdemon.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93066[/spoiler:13fug3h6]

Old Newbie

Well, sure, but now low begginner, when you look on youtube, there are plenty that use the term ''epic'' incorrectly, and they are actually quite bad, even for begginners. Id say low-med begginner, y'know, inbetween there.

Veteran Enthusiast

I'd say low beginner. You need to really think about how the body works in real life, and try to animate it accordingly. Think about how someone would really anticipate and building up momentum to do the triple kick in mid air.

I suggest ignoring effects completely until you have movements looking really nice. Personally, amazing movements shit all over effects, but if you can combine both effectively, it looks amazing.
    Anywho, watch some videos on youtube of the movement you are going to animate. If it's a punch, look up a punch in slow motion, it will help you see how each body part moves both separately and cooperatively.