Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Angrytacos's Topic - Updated again! Knife throwing

Alright
    So, here's my animations. In the knife one, I've learnt to make my own sticks and shit as well. some things aren't perfect but eh,comment what you think Oh, by the way, the parkour animation and the knife on both play a bit fast.

[spoiler:3u7v2dxz]Order from newest to oldest

Knife Throw
    GIF

Parkour
    GIF

Suicide
    GIF

Decapitation
    GIF

Gunshot
    GIF

Crazy Ball
    GIF

Head Kick
    GIF[/spoiler:3u7v2dxz]

Big Boss

Re: New to DD, First animations.

Welcome to the forums bud. You can use this thread to post your animations once you're ready to, but next time make sure you have them ready first before you make a thread.

Once you're done making an animation then you need to export it as a gif. Once that's done you need to upload it to a website such as this one. After you've uploaded it then you can edit your topic to put them in.

To display your gifs, you use either the "tn=" tags, or the "img" tags. You use the "tn=" tags if your gif's dimensions are too large to be displayed on the website, or you just want to resize it. For example, if I take this link:

Code:
    http://i.imgur.com/1o6sU65.gif
    And use the "img" tags on it like this:

Code:
    It'll display like this:

If you want to resize the image, then you use the "tn=" tags like this:

Code:
    Where it says "tn=200," you can input your own number.

[tn=200:1g05vdxx]http://i.imgur.com/1o6sU65.gif[/tn:1g05vdxx]

If you want to upload a pivot file (a file associated with the .piv filename extension), then you can use a multitude of websites. For instance you can use mediafire, Puush, or any other website that supports the filetype (.piv). If you have bought DarkDemon Myfiles, then you can use that to upload your files as well. To share the file, just copy and paste whatever link the webiste gives you when you upload it. For instance, if you've uploaded it to Myfiles, you get a link that looks like this:

Code:
    http://darkdemon.org/user-files/7949/1366864694.piv
    You can also share thinks using the "url" tags like this:

[code:1g05vdxx]NAME OF LINK[/code]

It's then shared like this:

NAME OF LINK

It would be much better to visit this tutorial for better explanations. If you have any questions or concerns you can PM any of the staff members located here.

Neo

Re: New to DD, First animations.

welcome to the forums mate!
    Be sure to ask for help if you need it, and make sure you read the rules

|Pivot|YouTube|Easytoon|Flash|Animation Blog|Want some CC?

Ranks
    Spoiler:
    Intermediate: 11th November 2012

The Green Boss

Re: Angrytacos's Topic - First Animations

When you update your thread, by editing in new animations, post in your topic with something like "Update!" to bump your topic back up to the top of the forum, and to notify everybody that you have updated. Also, it is nicer to see the oldest animations at the bottom of your thread and your newest at the top, therefore your topic will look more appealing at first glance, because most of the time your newest animation will be better than your older ones.(More experience with pivot etc).

Re: Angrytacos's Topic - First Animations

Alrighty, thanks! I'll do that now.

Neo

Re: Angrytacos's Topic - Update!

you are low beginner.
    Try to make sure you move every joint in every frame to avoid making it look stiff, you do however have a good sense of easing. but you need to however think about the spacing, sometimes it seems odd during you're animation and here and there I'll spot a little "jerk"

Keep up the good work though.

|Pivot|YouTube|Easytoon|Flash|Animation Blog|Want some CC?

Ranks
    Spoiler:
    Intermediate: 11th November 2012

Re: Angrytacos's Topic - Another update! Suicide

(Returning Courtesy)

Your newest animation is definitely an improvement to your old ones!

You show some clear knowledge of the basics, but they can still use a little bit of practice. Primarily, you should work on your easing and spacing. Make sure movements start off slower and gradually the spacing between will get larger.

Another thing to keep an eye out for is shakiness, make sure that if you move a limb that it doesn't move in the other direction until it is eased to a stop (with some exceptions). And similarly, you should also look out for stiffness, make sure of two things: 1.) That each joint is moving in pretty much every frame (again, with some exceptions) and that no motion just abruptly stops. <- Think newton's equal and opposite reaction, for example the legs when he hits the ground should bounce up a tiny bit.

What I did like though was the camera motion at the end, though I would save effects like that until you have the basics down because that sort of thing can make it much harder to get your movements right.

Keep it up! And I'd say that you're just a hair below Mid Beginner.

Re: Angrytacos's Topic - Another update! Suicide

Thanks man, I'll try to practice spacing and stuff, I'll also try to stop shakiness and stop abrupt stops and shit. With the camera movements and stuff though, I find it pretty easy to animate with that, it doesn't stuff me up too much
    Again, thanks for the feedback, greatly appreciated.

Re: Angrytacos's Topic - More Updates! Parkour

Update! Here it is!