Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Towelie: Hangman

I noticed that DD was down, and I guess this is the new DD or something? Anyways, here's just some old animations, since I can't find my old thread on this site. I'll update the thread later with some other animations, I've been working on..

Newest

This was supposed to be a longer animation, which I decided to call hangman, but I got boredish

Spoiler:

Older:
    I don't know.. lol
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    I was mainly focusing on the blood. Don't know if I'll contiue it. I have made a lot better blood in older animations, though. So I'm not really satisfied with how the animation turned out..

I don't really know what I'm doing..

My first animation after a break of some months..

Before break:
    Spoiler:
    I lost motivation after 150 frames..

This was supposed to be a bigger project about escaping prison, but I got bored..

I'm just weird..
    Last edited by Talkiewalkie; 07 Jun 2013 at 01:51 PM. Reason: anus
    [center:396xmtyf]My thread|My Youtube[/center:396xmtyf]

update :>
    [center:396xmtyf]My thread|My Youtube[/center:396xmtyf]

Flume

Hangman has an eerie feel to it which matches the depressive action to suicide, quite well done. I really didn't like how different the colours were of the legs of the stickman to show differing positions from the camera, I think you should make the change in colour more subtle by darkening the leg that steps onto the chair. Also with that movement, upon taking the step and bringing up the foot planted on the ground, the whole body of the stick would be moving forward which would mean the leg should start angling forward a bit to indicate that (didn't really explain that clearly but I hope you understand what I mean). Otherwise what you have is really good so far, I'd love to see it finished.

Good to see you back I think we took a break at the same time

Comments:

- I think when you pull the light switch thing, its supposed to snap back to its original position.. not stay down.. well, if i remember it correctly though
    - flow was kinda off at that scene (the light switch thing)
    - It would've been more attractive to me if the camera seemed hand held
    - The shades of gray that you picked are too far apart
    - I wanted to animate a suicide scene too

Welcome back man, courtesy is highly appreciated... very.. very... highly appreciated
    After you check out my Thread...

Wow, I'm really impressed with the backgrounds and all the sticks that you used. The animation has a very dark atmosphere to it, which is something I don't see very often. In order to really critique the animation I'd have to be incredibly nitpicky, and Rez knows what he's talking about more than I do, so listen to him. And finish the animation, it has incredible potential.
    v The Thread v

Bro, that Hangman animation is looking really nice, you should continue it, everything in it fits the ambience you wanted to give to it, don't get bored :v

Quote Originally Posted by Ussay1 View Post
    Bro, that Hangman animation is looking really nice, you should continue it, everything in it fits the ambience you wanted to give to it, don't get bored :v
    'Gotta agree with this guy, continue it! It might make you intermediate if you make it longer!
    Can't really CC it that much; it looks great. The background looks amazing and the movements are good. I would like it if you made some more interactions with the background though.
    Keep it up!