Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Red face newb animation...

my thread-ish thread of threadyness

this animation is just as it seems, a fighting thing.

running punch derp

This is most likely better than my other ones, The first teleport is messed up, but I figured it out by the second. Some parts are choppy, but I like it.
    Last edited by light_chaser; 15 Jun 2013 at 07:33 PM. Reason: sneaky update.

I like your fighting thingy, Certainly the kicks and jumps
    I like chairs.

Thank you! I really love doing kicks, because punches are just harder for me to do (for some reason... :/). And jumps, well, lets just say I like doing them. Now combine jumps and kicks: Boom, you have my Forte.

Senior Member BlueEyesWhiteDragon's Avatar
    Not bad for starters as for cc:
    When you animate you have to have a starting point it has to flow accordingly to your style imo your should go -.--.---.--.- or in other word a 12321 so i looks good.
    Spacing should be in that order also now since you new to pivot it's only fair that i tell you the spacing styles:
    Heavy spacing: Is when animate at a fast rate mostly fighting animation are heavy spaced.
    Medium spacing is where most users use as their normal style(Which is then broken down into other style Etc. Cartoonish, cwoked.
    Then there is slow spacing which i say only the patient could achieve but anyone's free to try what they want.

You should try fixing the spacing if that gets fixed than the rest is a little bit smooth sailing.

~DDcourtesy of pivblaster300(rlly gotta change my name)

Yeah, I need to work on spacing/easing. It's just boring for me, but I'll make another one (on my other computer, I don't like this one.) I'll make some crazy shit.

So, what rank does everyone think I am? (I say low beginner...)

Hi light_chaser and welcome to Animator.net(FKA DarkDemon) so I can see eagerness to start epic battles and such. That's great you need to have something aspire to do, so start to set some goals. With animation in general you have the simple structure of animation which are: the basics.

What these basics are, are what will predominately appear in the animation. These are: running, walking, easing, punching, kicking, jumping and to tie it all together is combos. From what I can on the second animation, your run in was very rough. If you carefully watch the replay/looping of it you can see it. Now don't be discourage, what you have to is focus on connecting poses which make up the moving picture.

With running there are many techniques and styles you can follow that as you work you will either discover or modify to fit your likes. The way I look at it, there's roughly major poses that must appear in a run: The full extension and the cross over. What I call these are your extreme poses. Once you have these two extreme poses, you want to set out the basic length of a run and depending on whether you're animating at 18 fps or 24 fps it varies, because the higher the frame rate, the more frames you require to cut back on the speed of the animation.

So let's go with a simple 6-8 frames. Here I'm providing you with a piv with basic 8 frame animation for you to study. When you have the two extreme poses you simply need to be able to connect the two with few frames and don't forget to make sure each node moves a tad to prevent any kind of stiffness. Happy animating.

Piv file
    -Note use this explicitly for studying, you want to shape your own style and this is merely my kind of style, so work the poses and just have fun as that's the most important thing about animating, don't get serious, but have fun and learn....if that's possible.

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

can't view.

But I understand the gist of it, thanks for the critique, looks like I'm gonna need it... :3

can't view what? the image or the piv file?

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

the .piv. I'm thinking about making a new base. I don't like these anymoar.

update...

Me gusta