Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

TheNoobKing's Beginners Thread

Hello, I used to animate in pivot a long time ago. I wasn't very good. Now I downloaded some sticks and made some muzzle flashes and started animating a bit. All I did for now is this and my avatar since now that I'm better at it I don't have time

Fixed it for you pal - Stark

Thanks Stark, and here's the link if it still doesn't work for someone: http://postimg.org/image/3rwyf5jab/full/
    Updated version :

http://postimg.org/image/leyvb5zsh/
    Last edited by TheNoobKing; 13 Jun 2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Image link wasn't the correct link.

Not bad, the very little movements show that you at least still got some of your skills from such a long time ago. Now with the flash over the body I think you have too much flash as in yo should down the effect over the body from the 90% to the 10%. This softens the appeal and does' over shadow the overall animation. Also since your background is white it will cancel out a good portion of that flash. show us some real movements. give us fight, I can see a potential in getting intermediate, but I can't base this on this animation solely.

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

That's really good, especially the effects. Looks like you've still got some skill from when you used to animate!

The only things I can really say is to watch the hand placement on the guns. I would use a very small stick and link it to the gun where the figure will be holding it so that you can match the joint in his hand to the exact same position on the gun in each frame. That way the guns aren't sliding around in their hands like they're jelly.

I'd also love to see the animation with some shells coming out of the guns, that'd be badass!

So far you're doing really well, especially for taking a long break from animating. Keep it up, and welcome to the forums!
    v The Thread v

Thanks guys, two more weeks of school, exams and stuff and then I'll have the time to do some more. Statham and Deimos, I agree with both of you about the things you said.