Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Ultarix's Terrible Animations

Ultarix's Terrible Animations

Ultarix's Animations!

Newest:

This was me trying a combo move. I don't particularly like it as well as my other two animations, it just seems worse. Hopefully soon I'll be able to do slightly more complicated animations. Also, sorry, for some reason tinypic made it a little too fast.

New:

Spoiler:

Old Stuff:

VERY VERY (Like 3-5 years) old stuff:
    Last edited by Ultarix; 29 Jun 2013 at 08:48 PM.

Way better than me when I first started... probably even better than I am now... Good job
    Ultarix likes this.

Thank you for the compliment. I watched your pivot video though, I think that you're better then me.

Flume

Not bad man! On the first loop I'd make his front arm come up a little bit more, I'd make the calf/shin/lower segment of his back leg come up a bit more before moving back forward to give it a nicer circular motion type look. You should also ease the origin, it looking pretty jerky at the moment. The back is also looking a bit shaky but that could be because of the origin, but if it isn't edit the spacing until it stops shaking. Otherwise it was looking alright!

I'd be interested to see how your first attempts at other movements go, keep it up.
    Ultarix likes this.

Hey bro, welcome to Animator.net

Definitely waaaaay better than when i first animated! Keep doing tests like these, and check out other animators and try to copy their style for a while then maybe branch out and try to animate in a style of your own! Well, since you just started.. You definitely are a beginner.. But that will soon change if you keep animating.. Don't be afraid to test out other movements such as these, cause these are your first steps in this journey! We'll always be here to encourage you, and to point out your mistakes good luck in this wonderful road of animating!

Edit: quit calling your animations terrible cause that's what they'll be.. Heck, it may even make other members of this forum NOT open your thread because they will agree with you without seeing any of your animations yet just a tip
    After you check out my Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by AZRA View Post
    Hey bro, welcome to Animator.net

Definitely waaaaay better than when i first animated! Keep doing tests like these, and check out other animators and try to copy their style for a while then maybe branch out and try to animate in a style of your own! Well, since you just started.. You definitely are a beginner.. But that will soon change if you keep animating.. Don't be afraid to test out other movements such as these, cause these are your first steps in this journey! We'll always be here to encourage you, and to point out your mistakes good luck in this wonderful road of animating!

Edit: quit calling your animations terrible cause that's what they'll be.. Heck, it may even make other members of this forum NOT open your thread because they will agree with you without seeing any of your animations yet just a tip
    Thanks for the support, I'll keep all that in mind lol.

Old Newbie
    That first run is better than anything I would've made for my first animation, you have potential to improve fast as you seem to grasp realistic animation fairly quickly.

I'd suggest looking up some tutorials on easing and spacing to eliminate the choppiness.

For the second run loop, the arms are not where they should be. No one runs like that unless there's weight attached to the arms that makes them unable to go forward. Always ask yourself how it would like in real life. Not only that, the arms are shaky, if you were to add that "weight" that I mentioned earlier it wouldn't look too good, because it would still be shaky. Try to keep the flow to one direction instead of the arms going all over the place. Keep in mind that when you move a particular spine joint, all the other joints above it automatically move, so you need to place them accordingly instead of just leaving them where they are.

Oh, and the back is arched. No one can run effectively with their ass out, come on now x)

Courtesy?
    My new thread.

I give courtesy. However, the courtesy I give is based on the quality of your criticism.

Updated!

you updated with a run? XD
    oh-kay
    umm... For starters, you have alot to learn my friend. I would suggest you check out some tutorials to get the basics down. Try looking up OblivionFalls tutorials on youtube. They actually helped me alot when I just started pivot. Another thing is that you have to start taking your time on your animations man. Move every joint on the stick man so they won't look as stiff. Like in the punching animation, the red guys back is extremely stiff when he throws the other guy back. Also, the foot placement is pretty bad. Make the feet exactly how they were by using the onion skin (the gray shadow) to your advantage.
    Add Me On Skype: HMajik66

I was actually trying to keep the red guy's feet the same, just something went wacko. And, the update was the punch not the run. BUT, I do appreciate the tips, thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast