Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Rank? (most recent animations)

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Med-beginner

3 30.00%
  • High-beginner

4 40.00%
  • Borderz

0 0%
  • Low-intermediates

3 30.00%
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Lordpivot44's animations - Starting fresh

Banned

Lordpivot44's animations - Starting fresh

Hello to all Animators!, I'm Lordpivot44 and I have great animations planned for the next few months.
    I plan to make it to Veteran over the next 2-3 years, and who knows? I might even make to to Elite! (Which I doubt).
    So Post your comments, opinions, advice, and questions on the Animations Below.

By the Way, I want to note that one animation below has a Figure the Belongs to Lithium. So credits to HIM for that.
    And all guns in my Animations are MINE (except for the PPSH), I created them, Message me If you would like me to make you one, because I am KILLER at making guns in pivot.

My Youtube=https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j...59378465,d.ZGU

If you do vote on the poll, be sure to vote on the 'most recent animations'. The others are just there for enjoyment

*Here are some unfinished and abandoned projects that I was working on but either I got bored of, failed, or simply couldn't go further with, enjoy.*
    :Unfinished animations:

-Bunker assault-

-Infiltration-

-Sword cleavage-

-Set 7-
    Acrobatics gone wrong
    Spoiler:

Blur Test
    Spoiler:

Kickin'
    Spoiler:

:Set 6:
    Handstand
    Spoiler:

Swords
    Spoiler:

Handgun testing
    Spoiler:

:Set 5:
    Tommy gun
    Spoiler:

Double punch
    Spoiler:

Combo #4
    Spoiler:

Ak47 Test
    Spoiler:

:Set 4:
    Combo #3
    Spoiler:

PPSH test
    Spoiler:

Jumpin' around
    Spoiler:

Combo #2
    Spoiler:

Lies
    Spoiler:

:Set 3:
    Rushed Test
    Spoiler:

Back flipin'
    Spoiler:

Power Kick
    Spoiler:

Front flippin'
    Spoiler:

Mega Hammer
    Spoiler:

:Set 1+2: (My first animations posted here)
    Base Assault
    Spoiler:

3D Kick
    Spoiler:

Star Wars #2
    Spoiler:

Star Wars #1
    Spoiler:

Zombie Kill
    Spoiler:

Slam Dunk
    Spoiler:

Combo #1
    Spoiler:

Explosion!
    Spoiler:

I hope that you enjoy them and that you think I am better than I think I am.
    Remember to vote on the poll.
    Last edited by lordpivot44; 09 Apr 2014 at 03:44 PM.

Old Newbie
    Nice animations, man. They are very smooth, no doubt. The first one was a tiny bit shaky though, and it looks kind of strange the way the guy still has short arms at the end- though maybe you intended that. Overall, keep practicing on movements and such. (Sorry, I suck at giving constructive criticism)

Banned
    Oh no, it's okay. I came here to actually get criticized.
    If I were to ask my brother on how good an animation is, he would always say 'its fine'.
    Those animations are actually recent ones, from yesterday actually.

Banned
    For starters I would NOT recommend you going to your family for advice unless one of them is already a professional. Family just give supportive comments that don't fit what you're asking for all the time. Stick to DD for best help man.

Alright, for my CC -

Anim 1 - Honestly. I don't think things like this should be started out so soon if you just started Pivot anytime recently. The effects were pulled off nice but I can see you only worked on showing off those rather than the movements, which are what actually count. The jump he made switching sides was stiff, and to be honest it wasn't even a jump. There was no type of squatting or bending like in a normal jump. You just moved him up in the air a few pixels, eased him in the air and slowly turned his body. If you want that to be effective you need to show those starting positions, because if you see them in movies it's always like that, and then the turns come out more fast and effective. I'd give this Low-Med Beginner.

Anim 2 - I kind of like this animation because it's almost always smooth, but there gray stickman should not be bending his whole body like that. He's not boxing! No, forget that, because not even pro boxers bend down that much. The arm poses weren't that good either man. He needs to run towards the enemy, slow down, then prepare the punching position AND THEN launch for attacking. I'd give this Med-Beginner

So all in all your animations are around Low-Medium Beginner. From what I see you're having bad imitations of regular movements. What I mean is that you're not imaging them the way they should be imaged. So until you learn to get it right I suggest you look at the Animation Reference guide in Pivot Chat, the Archive, or look for some slow mo compilations of the movements you try doing on youtube so you can get the poses right.

Courtesy? (It means you post on my thread since I posted on yours.) Also please type in regular font. Thanks!
    -Nide

Banned
    thanks you for the criticism, I will DEFINITELY be improving on these.
    And I am not new to pivot, iv'e had it for 2 years now, it's just that when I got it I never really improved on how good I was then, so this is where I really begin to get better at pivot. I will have two new animations up on this thread, and I will improve on them according to your criticism.

I will also return courtesy. Thanks for the advice

Hey LordPivot for not knowing much else besides what your family tells you you're doing great. Just remember to ease into motion or else the animation is just set at one speed. Listen to what Nide has said, he knows what hes talking about for the most part, I just suggest to find your style {Your way to animate that you like} and build off that. Just a word of advice, try to move almost every segment of the stickfigure in every frame and ALWAYS look back at your onion skin. That'll keep your animations from looking shaky and stiff.
    ~BlueLion

Banned
    thank you for the advice

Hmmm.. I like . However, you should defiantly work on your flow and stiffness, your physics need working on as well like how when the victim of the beating in your animations falls , he literally fell like a sack of rocks, once he hits the ground there was no actual indication of any impact its almost as if he just laid down rather than getting knocked down. Also for the part with the M-14 (I think it was) you should work on the recoiling effect, that gun has a pretty strong kick-back and its as if when he shot it didn't effect him at all. Also you should work on your movements they're looking kind of shaky.

Banned
    thank you, so is that a med-beginner? High-beginner?

Hey man you're animations are looking good, for your latest animation I would say to try to be careful about how gravity effects the stick and make sure it seems like hes properly pushing his weight up off of one of his feet. Some parts of it look a little unnatural momentum wise, try to imagine the movements you would have to go through to do certain things, if you smashed him into the ground with your legs still in the air, you wouldn't really float backwards.. your legs would hit the ground then maybe you could jump back.

try to give your attacks a few more frames of easing just so they seem fluid but I really like the speed you got them going at . Keep it up!
    Crunchy likes this.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast