Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

View Poll Results: Rank?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Low Beginners

1 14.29%
  • Med Beginners (i knew it)

5 71.43%
  • High Beginner

1 14.29%
  • Low Interz

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CoolerGuy's awesome thread-first movie preview

I am CoolGuy from PA (i am very active there) you guys can call me CoolGuy too if you want to, i am a 12 years old Malaysian boy (chinese) i been using pivot for about 2 years anyway heres my animation

Rank
    Beginner : June 30th 2013
    Intermediate: not yet
    Veterans : Impossible
    Elite :do you think thats possible?

newest awalys on top

Movie project first preview

I dun know(edited)
    Spoiler:

I dun know
    Spoiler:

Happy Birthday to me!
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by CoolerGuy; 21 Jul 2013 at 10:45 AM.

The badass brofist machine

Banned
    I'd appreciate if you gave me credits for editing that for you man. :I

Anyways, like I said on PA right now it's not bad but it's lacking a lot of easing and transition into the new movements you have set out. Instead of rushing into each movement you need to have some frames where he comes back, settles down, and starts the next movements. That's one of the main things I see from keeping this to be Med-High Beginner quality. Right now it's just Medium Beginner to be honest.

Courtesy?
    -Nide

you did not edit anything this is the animation i did myself the one you edited has a wall flip

Hey CoolerGuy, your animation is really smooth and you got your easing down pat. Just I never really liked those 3 legged half base? things. They just seem like half animated, so I'd just like to see what you can do with a full base. Maybe clean up the effects a little bit too, he turned into sonic the hedgehog then just chilled out.
    ~BlueLion

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolerGuy View Post
    you did not edit anything this is the animation i did myself the one you edited has a wall flip
    You asked me to edit this animation for you on PA. I did and you still weren't happy because I didn't want to edit the rest of your animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nide View Post
    You asked me to edit this animation for you on PA. I did and you still weren't happy because I didn't want to edit the rest of your animation.
    no XD the animation you did the flip and i did wall jump the one you edited is a bit weird and i was lazy to edit it, the animation i post is 100% made by me

edit:i didn't ask you to edit, you said you want to edit it yourself and lets not start a fight XD

edit 2:i was also lazy to edit the animation you edited i was lazy sorry i also lost the piv sorry
    Last edited by CoolerGuy; 05 Jul 2013 at 07:26 AM.

Update

Hey man your latest animation seems to have little awkward tid-bits, his head doesn't move very much during the punches so it looks a bit on the stiff side, maybe make the trail a little cleaner and have it intro and outro more rather than kind of just appear and disappear, and it ended a little short but the landing looked a bit off. Overall you're getting there, keep working at it!

Your movements are looking better, and it's nice to see an animation that does not include the tripod figure! Tremors are a really nice, and if used correctly, powerful effect. But in the case of your animation, I feel like you're using too many of them. Using one every once in a while for a kick/punch/whatever can add a little flare to your animation, but if you use too many of them they lose their effect and make the whole thing weird.

Also, be sure to keep your eye on the figure's back. He's a little stiff, especially for having such powerful punches.

Just remember those things in the future. You're doing a good job, man, keep practicing!
    v The Thread v

DD addict
    Hello CoolerGuy, your animations seem pretty beginnerish and lack alot of things. To clearify what I mean I'll give you some cc about your latest animation:
    Spoiler:
    Your animation feels a tad edgy, and it's probably bcause it isn't smooth, to fix this just add some in-betweens. That effect of being stuck in mid-air was terrible and I don't get why did you do it. Actually I think I do: You may got lazy or careless about your animation to the point that made you not want to fix the physics for the upper cut. You know, that wasn't the only uneeded effect: The speed trail and the camera's shakiness wasn't needed as well, and for the camera's shakiness: Either you reduce the spacing, or remove them for once bcause all what he was doing was punching and kicking the air, so nothing really happened.And the landing seemed off since he didn't show any weight and he seemed that he totaly broke his arms. somhting like that happens because you don't have realistic poses, so try to make your guy relaxed each frame.
    As for the basics, they don't exist. So try to visit the tutorial section in order the learn them and hardly practice them untill you get them down. And somthing like that might take you about a year or so.

I'm not offending you when I tell you to visit the tutorial section, I just want to help, nothing more. Also, the cc was made to show you your mistakes so you won't repat them next time, or, at least, try hard not to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast