Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Last edited by ThaPivMaster; 09 Aug 2013 at 07:14 PM.

Let me just start off by saying I like the background its colored in nicely, but I think you're jumping the gun it seems you need to really get behind mastering the basics. Your movements are stiff and lacking flow you should remember to move every joint in every frame (or at least almost every joint), also you should work on your effects (check out Darren's tutorial) when the lighting strikes and the red stick's sword forms there should be more impact indicated because lightning is a powerful effect. Also the kick part needs work too it looked as if the blue guy stuck his foot and the red guy went flying rather than the red guy attacking and the blue guy kicks him back, also when the red guy attacked and the blue guy kicked the red guy dropped rather than fell meaning as you should work on your physics, you know make the fall look realistic. And last but not least at the beginning of the animation I noticed that you were panning with your camera movements but only the stick-figures moved, normally that would be okay if you didn't have a background, but since you did the background has to move to other wise it looks awkward.

-Courtesy?(means you comment on my thread)I'm new to DD :D mind raking me?

~Broski

Banned
    Low Beg Man... that's Really Stiff And Needs Easing, The Foot Placement Was Way Off... Yo Should Look On Tutorials ! Practice Hard.
    ~Courtesy ? Thread In My Signature.
    Last edited by Luka; 20 Jul 2013 at 05:27 AM.

Just keep an eye on the onion skin when you're animating. Keep track of where the arms are, especially in previous frames, that way the figure isn't so shaky. If his arms are moving backwards, make sure they continue to move backwards for several frames.

Just keep practicing, man, you're doing good!
    v The Thread v

Flume

I merged your old thread with this one, on this site animators are only allowed to have one thread where they post their ranked animations (freestyle section is a different story) - instead of making new threads, edit the first post with the new animation and comment on your thread saying "update" to let people know you have a new animation up.

This thread explains it nicely - Creating and Updating Your Animation Thread.

The kick animation isn't too bad but I would definitely try to move other parts of the body to make the kick feel like its more than a guy stretching his leg out. Get up and do a kick yourself, make him do things like chamber his arms to throw on some counter-momentum, have his foot have some air-time begin to re-chamber and then come down, have his spine bend, his head move foward/backward. etc. Keep at it!

A new punch animation/test+a simple flash animation

Banned
    On the first Animation,
    movements at some parts were shaky.
    Remember to move every joint of the figure.
    The transition from the kick to the run at the end was badly animated.

On the bright side the kick wasn't too bad.
    The pose could have been better but it wasn't too bad.

Advice: Work on your flow, easing and poses. Three of the structural importance's of animating.

Courtesy?
    http://www.animator.net/forum/pivot-...nimations.html

Would you rank me please?

mini update.
    the kick is really overpowered, but I like it that way
    Last edited by ThaPivMaster; 22 Jul 2013 at 04:36 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast